IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Came across some more photos , so borrowed them for here ...

1970 City getting into Cardiff 1970 , and 2 more of Reading.

skinheads City.jpg

Love the clothes in this one.

reading1.jpg

reading2.jpg

Ha ha I'm 99% confident that's me stood on the wall at Reading in the middle one.

I think a few City fans had made it into no mans land as shown in the 3rd photo, so I started to go over the top but then noticed the coppers and thought better of it so made out I'd got up there to get a better view of the game.

That day was mad, I remember a mate totally out of character attacked a copper and did 6 months for it.

19 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ha ha I'm 99% confident that's me stood on the wall at Reading in the middle one.

I think a few City fans had made it into no mans land as shown in the 3rd photo, so I started to go over the top but then noticed the coppers and thought better of it so made out I'd got up there to get a better view of the game.

That day was mad, I remember a mate totally out of character attacked a copper and did 6 months for it.

the next couple of games for city at reading were quite lively too because they were out for revenge

Several faces in the middle pic I know, that still go down nowadays. 

Bristol City were in the Premiership for FV in 82.  No doubt about it.  The Evil Post ran a bit of a vendetta on us one season in the 80's. Remember one EP reporter had a bit of a rough time down AG one game - Millwall I believe? I think he was kidnapped for a while or something??

I had just got interested in the away scene and every game was a f#c@in buzz in those days.  Heard this week Rog T has a few ghosties in the book so should be a good read. 

Will take a few of us down memory lane for sure! Great memories. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Gary Hirst goal at Eastville,  this one I went to. It was around this time the CSF were starting to get the upper hand over the Gas. They were on the way down while City were as mentioned earlier in the thread were on the way back up. As stated, a little bit of success and us City fans latched on to it big time, after what we had gone through before as a club.

Rise of the phoenix almost because we were very nearly gone!!!

That was the year the Old Fox got turned over wasn't it ?

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Several faces in the middle pic I know, that still go down nowadays. 

Bristol City were in the Premiership for FV in 82.  No doubt about it.  The Evil Post ran a bit of a vendetta on us one season in the 80's. Remember one EP reporter had a bit of a rough time down AG one game - Millwall I believe? I think he was kidnapped for a while or something??

I had just got interested in the away scene and every game was a f#c@in buzz in those days.  Heard this week Rog T has a few ghosties in the book so should be a good read. 

Will take a few of us down memory lane for sure! Great memories. 

If it was the time I heard about, he was simply commandeered to give some one a lift , more of a favour really :fear:

Yep that was the pub I could not remember it's name. On the way to Eastville,  night game I think? City fans were in the Rovers enclosure down the side of the pitch.

I think the reporter said kidnap to his colleagues but then changed to "giving a lift" afterwards through "lack of evidence " inorder to publish it. I heard he was defo hijacked at the least as some City fans needed a lift pronto to get to the trouble asap. 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Before the game kicked off there was about 80 City who were in the main stand,( where the players came out)  it was already going off big time in Reading's side on the opposite side of the pitch. 

The shout went out for the 80 to run across the pitch just before kick off, and that's what happened, I can clearly remember the Police actually trying to get City off the pitch and into the Reading side!!! they had lost the plot by then and didn't seem to know who was who!

The terrace that City were in was in such a bad state that I saw blokes twice my age ( I was just in my 20's then) managing to move crash barriers and as the concrete came loose it was used to throw at the Police. 

It was one crazy day.

On 7/7/2016 at 20:38, REDOXO said:
1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

the next couple of games for city at reading were quite lively too because they were out for revenge

As if !

Remember overhearing a couple of Reading "boys" after a night match at EP....

"We've gotta get organised, it's embarrassing, they walk in, we RUN out !"

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Before the game kicked off there was about 80 City who were in the main stand,( where the players came out)  it was already going off big time in Reading's side on the opposite side of the pitch. 

The shout went out for the 80 to run across the pitch just before kick off, and that's what happened, I can clearly remember the Police actually trying to get City off the pitch and into the Reading side!!! they had lost the plot by then and didn't seem to know who was who!

The terrace that City were in was in such a bad state that I saw blokes twice my age ( I was just in my 20's then) managing to move crash barriers and as the concrete came loose it was used to throw at the Police. 

It was one crazy day.

I remember that , the OB looked completely lost. Our entire coach was nicked before kickoff but I said to the Copper that we had no other way to get back and to let us in, which he did. When we came out, and a few jumped the train, the OB had pretty much lost interest in us and we were left to go home.

Was the Reading game the one where the Copper got hit by some rubble , went down and then his dog bit him? Getting old now so could have been Swindon, or somewhere else ..... the 70's and 80's were a bit chaotic at times.

19 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It was one crazy day.

Brings back memories BilI, I was in that stand

9 minutes ago, weymouth red said:

Mike Meredith :laugh: ,

top bloke

Still see him from time to time, remember when he moaned for England when our surprise attack on the tote end went tits up and he whacked one of theirs so hard he faked up his wrist ! Happy days

One for the boys who were there.....Friday night at charlton... Ffs bad karma after the game but we all made it back to the pre arranged boozer on the way home, as each car/van load walked in they were greeted with a rousing round of applause, fakin scary night, about 75ish

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I remember that , the OB looked completely lost. Our entire coach was nicked before kickoff but I said to the Copper that we had no other way to get back and to let us in, which he did. When we came out, and a few jumped the train, the OB had pretty much lost interest in us and we were left to go home.

Was the Reading game the one where the Copper got hit by some rubble , went down and then his dog bit him? Getting old now so could have been Swindon, or somewhere else ..... the 70's and 80's were a bit chaotic at times.

The cop dog was Swindon if I remember right.  There was a near riot in the City away end. OB came in the City end to try and nick a few and it got nasty for a while with OB under attack if I remember right?  My brain is f@#cked also!!! 

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

The cop dog was Swindon if I remember right.  There was a near riot in the City away end. OB came in the City end to try and nick a few and it got nasty for a while with OB under attack if I remember right?  My brain is f@#cked also!!! 

Ahh right, I was in that section and it did get a bit naughty, ended up on my arse when the OB came in . Helped up by some City lads but the OB weren't so lucky .

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Swindon rings a bell, I think the early train ( 9 o. Clock ) went crazy and took the gates off the town end emergency exit a piled in ! I stand to be corrected ???

38 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

One for the boys who were there.....Friday night at charlton... Ffs bad karma after the game but we all made it back to the pre arranged boozer on the way home, as each car/van load walked in they were greeted with a rousing round of applause, fakin scary night, about 75ish

I'm Mike Roger :laugh:

I Rember that I was driving mini bus and stop in Charlton an asked were the ground was he said he dint know they had a team 

Archived