IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I find it amazing that you have been around so many city games over such a long period of time where "football hooliganism blighted my experience of following City for years" but never made a connection between them?

ah, understood.

I'd literally never heard of the CSF...until I joined this forum I was completely unaware that City had a "firm" with a name. Of course I've seen City fans verbally having a go at other fans, but rarely, if ever, actually fighting. It's (almost) always been possible to avoid trouble. But I confess that I go to matches with boringly respectable people (apologies to those who know me for that characterisation!), who are all interested in the football, not the opposition supporters, and travel independently.

The blighting of my experience - and that of everyone else regardless of their behaviour - was through the hostility towards football fans and the often OTT policing, which was a reaction to hooliganism. And that hostility endures. I can't think of any other leisure activity that I follow where I have to be careful where I eat or drink before the event, or any other aspect of my life where I would, at times, be treated with contempt by policemen.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Redexile...just for you fella...recently against Newcastle...

Thanks Spudski. All I can say is that it passes me by...at the time I was doubtless chatting with my sons about the match whilst queueing for the bus back to the Park & Ride! Not part of my experience of following City at all.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Thanks Spudski. All I can say is that it passes me by...at the time I was doubtless chatting with my sons about the match whilst queueing for the bus back to the Park & Ride! Not part of my experience of following City at all.

I think generally (unfortunately not always) those who don't want to find trouble manage to get by without having to see it.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Redexile Unfortunately I've witnessed similar in recent match's whilst walking back towards the Spanish bar after games. Has seemed a lot more prevalent in recent fixtures. 

That's a shame tbh. I guess my only motive for posting in this thread was to suggest to the younger members of the Forum that running with hooligan firms was far from a universal experience back in the day...and that it was perfectly possible to be a loyal City fan and have nothing to do with them...indeed be unaware of their existence.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Redexile Unfortunately I've witnessed similar in recent match's whilst walking back towards the Spanish bar after games. Has seemed a lot more prevalent in recent fixtures. Sometimes you realise the Gene Pool should finish just there ;-)

What you might not be aware of @Spudski but something that is becoming more prevalent are groups of away fans who come to Bristol spend the early part getting fuelled up on the waterfront etc then come south when the game has started with no intention of going to the match. Apart from the usual suspects like Millwall the first I was aware of this was a so called Rotherham "firm" 3 seasons back who avoided their opposite numbers until 3pm then tried to storm both the Spanish bar and BS3 and gave lone fans a squeeze in the Tobacco Factory. Villa was the latest example who were run off after trying the BS3. Now whatever you think about people who get nicked in the vicinity of football matches if you are simply in a pub on saturday afternoon watching Sky Sports and your pub is steamed by people from say Birmingham you may wish to defend yourself whatever your view on football related violence may be. Some pubs have doorstaff who are very capable but others will not.My point is this - if I know that this is happening what is the motivation of the Police to allow it to happen? Violence in Stadia is practically unheard of because of CCTV and people who will turn other people in.The number of officers for low risk games like Fulham last season for example is disproportionate and I can only think that the reason they are in the ground doing nothing rather than being outside the ground doing something is that BCFC presumably pays for them inside the ground?

In essence some people labelled as knuckle dragging neanderthals on here are "lads" who want to fight some are "lads" who like to pose and some are people going about their business who find themselves under attack by groups of people from out of town in groups too large to have gone under the radar.

I'm totally aware of it fella...and understand your points made.

No harm in defending yourself...I find it's just easier to avoid such places. I prefer to be an individual...not run with the pack. I've got sympathy for anyone who finds themselves confronted by such idiots if they have no intention of confrontation.

Those 'posing' and posturing, wearing Stone Island, like it's some naff uniform...giving it 'large' and talking like some inbred west country version of Danny Dyer whilst walking like they've shit their pants ala Liam Gallagher ...hurling abuse etc...they can all go and jump under a bus for all I care. Football imo can do without them.

I just laugh at them...all a bit sad when you think about it logically.

10 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Its good to see that your moronic comparisons are just as evident on the football forum as the politics section.  Jesus wept. :facepalm:

Wasn't a comparison, merely an analogy to point out that the idea of "camaraderie" doesn't make an organisation inherently good.  Not that I'd expect a feeble mind like yours to comprehend that.

7 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Saturday 28th January 2017 may be a date to place in your diary if you think Bristol City do not still contain a hooligan element. 

If you think we will be taking any hooligan element to villa park on 28th January I think you might be wrong?? It's also FA Cup round 4 weekend so this game will end up being moved to a Tuesday night. More than likely city or villa will get through to 4th rd.

The problem with groups like CSF and others are they create problems for people who want to go to a game with no trouble.

Visits to Cardiff for example have become a farce with having to pick up tickets from a service station. I quote enjoy going to a game, having a few beers, watching the football and going home. You can't do that for Cardiff games. 

The other issue relating to this is the increased cost to the club for policing the game. Certain games this season will have a greater police presence, for the simple reason there is the likelihood of trouble. Surely the club would have better use for these finances? 

My main grip with these groups are as a football fan, you're generally treated with contempt by the police. Your videoed numerous times throughout the day, your restricted on occasions to where you can drink, because you support a different team! 

On 8/22/2016 at 23:50, AzerbaijanApeman said:

There was a book that I quite enjoyed, but it wasn't really about hooliganism - more the fashion and music that underpinned supporter culture. That was a fairly enjoyable read but I forget what it's called.

This one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casuals-Football-Fighting-Fashion-Terrace/dp/1903854148

20 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

For all you knockers and people who are just plain ignorant.

The CSF is not just a hooligan group, it's a very loosely knit family, with a few father figures, like me in our 40's and a LOT of people that can be highly organised and bloody caring.

Illl give you an example, a very good friend of mine was arrested in France Euro 16, needless to say as many others were, defending himself against Marsailles firm & the Russians. I'm not saying anything about the incident or anything else, BUT a four figure sum has been raised for him, to which he was genuinely moved. 

So crack on with your snide comments, your skintight City shirt with witty nickname on, we are all supporters AFTERALL, But CSF 1984 is a FAMILY and we look after our own, including any innocents that get caught up away from home because they may meet a bunch of cowards that just don't the rules, trust me I've seen it.

Love to all that donated.

RIP DIVY.

Those Krays loved their mum you know.............

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If you think we will be taking any hooligan element to villa park on 28th January I think you might be wrong?? It's also FA Cup round 4 weekend so this game will end up being moved to a Tuesday night. More than likely city or villa will get through to 4th rd.

To be fair, I agree with the earlier poster. This game has trouble written all over it, and unfortunately I don't think it matters what days it's played on. Easy trip for many by train or road 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

To be fair, I agree with the earlier poster. This game has trouble written all over it, and unfortunately I don't think it matters what days it's played on. Easy trip for many by train or road 

Still think there would be trouble on a Tuesday night but it would be less than the Saturday i imagine?

5 hours ago, Loon plage said:

What you might not be aware of @Spudski but something that is becoming more prevalent are groups of away fans who come to Bristol spend the early part getting fuelled up on the waterfront etc then come south when the game has started with no intention of going to the match. Apart from the usual suspects like Millwall the first I was aware of this was a so called Rotherham "firm" 3 seasons back who avoided their opposite numbers until 3pm then tried to storm both the Spanish bar and BS3 and gave lone fans a squeeze in the Tobacco Factory. Villa was the latest example who were run off after trying the BS3. Now whatever you think about people who get nicked in the vicinity of football matches if you are simply in a pub on saturday afternoon watching Sky Sports and your pub is steamed by people from say Birmingham you may wish to defend yourself whatever your view on football related violence may be. Some pubs have doorstaff who are very capable but others will not.My point is this - if I know that this is happening what is the motivation of the Police to allow it to happen? Violence in Stadia is practically unheard of because of CCTV and people who will turn other people in.The number of officers for low risk games like Fulham last season for example is disproportionate and I can only think that the reason they are in the ground doing nothing rather than being outside the ground doing something is that BCFC presumably pays for them inside the ground?

In essence some people labelled as knuckle dragging neanderthals on here are "lads" who want to fight some are "lads" who like to pose and some are people going about their business who find themselves under attack by groups of people from out of town in groups too large to have gone under the radar.

Utter fiction! I was just ahead of the Villa fans referred to above who were walking past BS3 (boisterously - and why not) when they were showered by bottles from the numbnuts within. "Steamed by people from Birmingham" - sorry you're having a larf. The same chaps had politely asked me the quickest way to the ground a few minutes earlier, hence my young son's surprise at why city fans thought it appropriate to chuck bottles at them. 

47 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Saturday 28th January 2017 may be a date to place in your diary if you think Bristol City do not still contain a hooligan element. 

Mmm... Maybe you might have wanted to have kept that to yourself rather than placing it on a public forum.  IP addresses aren't hard to pin down and our poor mods on this forum will have to comply with any police requests.

Glad you didn't though... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, JM91 said:

Wasn't a comparison, merely an analogy to point out that the idea of "camaraderie" doesn't make an organisation inherently good.  Not that I'd expect a feeble mind like yours to comprehend that.

That wasn't obvious given the context of your post.

But fine, if its an anology it is a f*cking terrible one.

Archived