IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Says the person who has a career in needing to identify people.... and the more unique the characteristics, the easier the job.

Never could work out why people wear distinctive clothing when they commit crime ?

7 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Wasn't no scrapping on the side because Rovers didn't show up on their own patch, tried to get in the Essex after but OB had shut it so we ended up in the Lord Rodney, it was a no-show from the blue-few 

That must be another occasion Galway, what I'm talking about made the news as riot vans were needed to disperse the brawling fans on the side of the park pitch.

6 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

That must be another occasion Galway, what I'm talking about made the news as riot vans were needed to disperse the brawling fans on the side of the park pitch.

I think it was the same occasion, at AG the day before and the word went round about this cup game and about 200 City showed up, as usual Rovers missed the party and all that was there was the Essex team and a few subs etc, there might of been a few slaps on the side but that was about it, the game got abandoned because of the over-zealousness of the IoC players which resulted in the Essex players and ref being chased off the pitch, OB turned up because they didn't want 200 City fans wandering around Gas heartland on a Sunday lunch-time, all had a good chuckle about it after in the clipper. 

4 hours ago, Galway Red said:

I think it was the same occasion, at AG the day before and the word went round about this cup game and about 200 City showed up, as usual Rovers missed the party and all that was there was the Essex team and a few subs etc, there might of been a few slaps on the side but that was about it, the game got abandoned because of the over-zealousness of the IoC players which resulted in the Essex players and ref being chased off the pitch, OB turned up because they didn't want 200 City fans wandering around Gas heartland on a Sunday lunch-time, all had a good chuckle about it after in the clipper. 

The Clipper used to be a good early game meet up for many. Remember the Rovers game at AG when a certain Gas pub up by the Evening Post building had a visit by a few City prematch. Forget the name of the pub but it was opposite the old Veals fishing shop.

41 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

The Clipper used to be a good early game meet up for many. Remember the Rovers game at AG when a certain Gas pub up by the Evening Post building had a visit by a few City prematch. Forget the name of the pub but it was opposite the old Veals fishing shop.

That does ring a bell, was it the punch Ball? 

20 hours ago, JulieH said:

Never could work out why people wear distinctive clothing when they commit crime ?

With those shirts it`s double bluff - try getting someone to describe what the suspect was wearing! And as for asking whether they had any other distinguishing features, who would notice if they only had one leg if they were wearing that?

22 hours ago, JulieH said:

Simple my beloved. For example how many people could describe the first shirt without being ridiculed? Meanwhile I am off and away with the swag.

On 16/05/2020 at 11:14, GasDestroyer said:

Some good City lads I knew in the 80s used to drink in the Maypole in Hanham. Was always a bit of a battle between City & Rovers over that side of town. Lumber touches on this in the book in places. Became a bit of a battle ground at times.

I started drinking in the Maypole in 1991. There was definitely plenty of City in there, but was probably slightly more gas. Jolly Sailor up the road tended to have more gas though.

Dave Martin & Gerry Harrison showed up in the maypole one time. Martin regaled us of his time at Millwall where he’d become friendly with a few of their lads!! 

On 17/05/2020 at 18:41, SouthBristolCityBhoy said:

Trouble with Rovers after they came back from Cardiff and we were home to Reading. 1995 last game of the season.

Was that as late as 95? Blimey, I thought it was a bit earlier than that. 
I remember it well. No warning, they suddenly showed up, we were definitely outnumbered but a few good men managed to prevent them even getting through the door. 

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

With those shirts it`s double bluff - try getting someone to describe what the suspect was wearing! And as for asking whether they had any other distinguishing features, who would notice if they only had one leg if they were wearing that?

Very good point, difficult to concentrate on anything else once you see the shirt ??

Archived