IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

It also means people can criticise whatever they want.

Can't have it both ways.

the thing is, there's some on here who are criticizing something they haven't even read. They're criticizing something that hasn't even been released yet. Doesn't that strike you as being quite stupid? 

17 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

the thing is, there's some on here who are criticizing something they haven't even read. They're criticizing something that hasn't even been released yet. Doesn't that strike you as being quite stupid? 

I suspect there will be games from the mid to late 80s when citys attendance was around the 8,000 mark,  with a pretty big percentage of those happy to have a row,.

3 hours ago, poland_exile said:

To a point I agree with you, but if you think back to to the opening postings and the two book covers that were posted, both with numerous typographical errors, you can understand why people might doubt the literary merit of the book.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To a point I agree with you, but if you think back to to the opening postings and the two book covers that were posted, both with numerous typographical errors, you can understand why people might doubt the literary merit of the book.

So you CAN judge a book by it's cover! 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What's the old adage "Don't judge a book by its cover" 

1 hour ago, Ashdangate said:

You would know xxx

Being a qualified counceller I do .

I have defended my liberty to wear my club colours , home and away but to look to inflict violence on another human being just because they follow another club  is just moronic.

I hated the idiots who bought shame on the sport and my country .

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Being a qualified counceller I do .

I have defended my liberty to wear my club colours , home and away but to look to inflict violence on another human being just because they follow another club  is just moronic.

Hooliganism killed the game I love. All seater sanitised stadiums are a direct result of the actions of a small group of ' brave ' lads . 

I hated the idiots who bought shame on the sport and my country .

All seater sanitised stadiums were a direct result of Hillsborough , not the actions of a 'small group of 'brave lads' 

Not something I've ever been involved with, but I've been damn glad over the years that there were City 'lads' willing to stand their ground - in fact more than willing to - between us 'ordinary' City fans and mobs of opposition fans apparently hell bent on kicking us all into next week.

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still is a fearful place. How many pubs around the ground do you see away fans take over and drink in? Er none.

Compare that to where City go.

Funnily enough I think the only teams in recent memory whose 'lads' have actually got a drink on N Street are Bolton, Barnsley and Rotherham . 

I'm not a hooligan in the slightest. Don't make many away either. Not old enough to remember 80s and most of 90s either- though I do remember trouble in 98-99 season a number of times.

However I would agree with the bolded, the rest I don't know about so won't comment- those pubs are home fans only with ticket checks and probably for a good reason?

@RedLionLad Would suggest that it's a combination of CCTV, mobile phones, significantly more sophisticated policing methods and all-seater stadia. There's a reason why the authorities are so reluctant about safe standing.

38 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not something I've ever been involved with, but I've been damn glad over the years that there were City 'lads' willing to stand their ground - in fact more than willing to - between us 'ordinary' City fans and mobs of opposition fans apparently hell bent on kicking us all into next week.

Agreed Noggers , there is defence and liberty then there is mindless hooliganism where ' firms ' look to inflict violence on others for the simple fact of supporting another club . 

Where's the sense ? 

I have stood my ground , home and away but never gone looking for trouble ( except my first marriage ) ,

I have been in the East End when Hammers , Leeds and Arsenal , to mention a few have ' got in ' and most supporters legged it in panic.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not a hooligan in the slightest. Don't make many away either. Not old enough to remember 80s and most of 90s either- though I do remember trouble in 98-99 season a number of times.

However I would agree with the bolded, the rest I don't know about so won't comment- those pubs are home fans only with ticket checks and probably for a good reason?

@RedLionLad Would suggest that it's a combination of CCTV, mobile phones, significantly more sophisticated policing methods and all-seater stadia. There's a reason why the authorities are so reluctant about safe standing.

Another factor would be the hooligans actually growing up and having mortgages to pay and families to provide for.

Plus, the youngsters who have grown up with mobile phones, iPads and CCTV, know that the risk of getting caught and punished severely is much greater than it was in the 70's and 80's when hooliganism was at it's peak.

Back in those days, you couldn't go home on a Saturday after a fight with Millwall or Rovers and watch the highlights on YouTube.

17 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

If you are'nt interested in the culture/history of BCFC fans 80's/90's, just ignore this thread.

I wouldn't waste your breath!

Threads like these always turn into these slanging matches, you either 'get it', or you don't. I've never been involved, but I 'get it', I want to read the book. It's so ******* easy to ignore if you aren't interested

Our lads are flying on the pitch, and we're bitching at each other like 14 year old girls (I know, I have one of those) on a thread about a bygone era

10 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Havent read the whole thread, but not seen any undue criticism.

My grammar isn't perfect, but I wouldn't get as basic a mistake as getting "your" and "you're" mixed up on a book cover.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I was around and involved in a lot that went on back in the 80's but to be honest I have no appetite to read or reminisce about what happened 30 years ago although if wandering through Waterstones I might have a sneaky look to see if I'm in any of the photos!!

If you are H, let's hope that they've been photoshopped.

Archived