Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

16 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Maybe Cadbury Heath, and Oldland, I doubt Warmley or Barrs Court. went to school 07-12 & The Grange was roughly 65% City then, let alone now. 

That's quite a way out for them! Who has bragging rights in posh Clifton assuming there are a few supporters there when their not polishing their porches or taking flying lessons 😁

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

That's surprising as it's only up the road from the mem so what's their stonghold mainly Easton, Horfield,Southmead and Brentry 

Wroughton Pewsey and Devizes they run a car with all four of them travelling together 

• Like 1

This talk of '65% City' in this region, and 'that area is mostly City' is starting to read like a thread where the fewers discuss their away following.

Let's get back to celebrating random acts of violence that occurred 40 years ago when innocent people were randomly clubbed round the head by a donkey-jacket wearing thickette carryng a UB40 card!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Rob k said:

Pretty much al of North Bristol is red - i moved to Yate 12 years ago and that’s definitely more City than gas from what i see 

Whoever has the ’Yate’ flag, hats off to them. Every televised away match, it makes an appearance in prime position. Bloke must be some form of advertising executive with his blindingly brilliant product placement.  

Southmead is/was an interesting one. Always had a fearsome reputation for us wimps in WoT but (fortunately) appeared mainly City in the 70’s, along with Lawerence Weston. Then did not both go over to the dark side? What caused that? Even a once staunchly red Shirehampton seemed to turn blue in the 80’s. 

Edited by RedRock
10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Whoever has the ’Yate’ flag, hats off to them. Every televised away match, it makes an appearance in prime position. Bloke must be some form of advertising executive with his blindingly brilliant product placement.  

Southmead is/was an interesting one. Always had a fearsome reputation for us wimps in WoT but (fortunately) appeared mainly City in the 70’s, along with Lawerence Weston. Then did not both go over to the dark side? What caused that? Even a once staunchly red Shirehampton seemed to turn blue in the 80’s. 

did shire ever turn blue ………..did it ****  

always was 70/30 with proper geezers on both sides 

10 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I reckon mr lumber will be well chuffed we’re on page 34 ...

The first dozen pages were devoted to spelling and grammar and the last dozen, when is Bristol not in Bristol.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They seemed to bring a lot of nutters, that belgium team we played in a friendly, think maynard got a hat trick?

They were loud as you like, we played ajax, the year before or after, and the belgium lot brought loads more.

Royal Antwerp. 
After that game, a couple of city made good friends with a couple of Antwerp, who now come over to watch us quite regularly. 
Interestingly, Antwerp & Willem also have a friendship. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This talk of '65% City' in this region, and 'that area is mostly City' is starting to read like a thread where the fewers discuss their away following.

Let's get back to celebrating random acts of violence that occurred 40 years ago when innocent people were randomly clubbed round the head by a donkey-jacket wearing thickette carryng a UB40 card!

Shhhh, I was enjoying the irony of it all :)

On 20/05/2020 at 11:21, Shuffle said:

Live right by Boco and good team to watch  with a great clubhouse.  One of residents in favour of the floodlights

I think I know who you are then.....

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Malaggro CNF said:

I have lived in Hanham for the past 12 years. I have to say that I think it is far more red than blue. A lot of the City lot that live over here are good 'lads' as well.

There really doesn't seem to be many young gas lads here at all. Maybe just poor unfortunates who are forced to be blue by vindictive relations.

As an example I took a kids football training session for a group of 12 year olds from AEK Boco. 14 kids turned up. 12 wearing City shirts, a plump boy in a Man Utd shirt and a ginger kid in a Rovers shirt (his dad is gas).

As for pubs, on Northern Soul nights up the Trooper you do get a small group of ex skinhead gas who are about 60 years old. I know them all and there is never any bother. Most in there are City. Jolly does get some gas in when they have a home match. Tend to drink there pre match and travel to the game. Not many though. Maypole is almost exclusively City. Cross Keys is virtually all red. Blue Bowl......not sure, shit food pub I avoid.

Gotta be said ......... Hanham is Red.

Nice Post Mal. What's your thoughts on North Brabant though ? 😁 

On 22/05/2020 at 11:31, Galway Red said:

Yeovil had a Bath Post code!!!!!!! 

Post codes have never really been a good guide as to what town or city they are in. My work 'patch'  is worked out on post codes and there are loads of anomalies . One of my areas is the Shrewsbury post code which includes Aberystwyth,   a 2 hour drive away!

Edited by Miah Dennehy
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Royal Antwerp. 
After that game, a couple of city made good friends with a couple of Antwerp, who now come over to watch us quite regularly. 
Interestingly, Antwerp & Willem also have a friendship. 

No trouble that day at all?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

No trouble that day at all?

There was I remember it.  Not large scale but definitely some altercations out by the Merc garage and quite possibly in town also. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Post codes have never really been a good guide as to what town or city they are in. My work 'patch'  is worked out on post codes and there are loads of anomalies . One of my areas is the Shrewsbury post code which includes Aberystwyth,   a 2 hour drive away!

I know, it`s daft. Half of North Cornwall has a Plymouth postcode (Port Isaac & Padstow for instance) - the Cornish love that as you can imagine - and bizarrely, Bude has a Exeter one!

1 hour ago, DSTAF said:

There was I remember it.  Not large scale but definitely some altercations out by the Merc garage and quite possibly in town also. 

Pretty ugly mob they had.

Really good fellas to spend time with.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, RedRock said:

Southmead is/was an interesting one. Always had a fearsome reputation for us wimps in WoT 

I used to almost live in Canford Park in my Primary school days, playing football dawn to dusk in the holidays.

Only problem was this massive gang of Meaders, aged probably about 10-13 (literally 70-80 strong) would come in and terrorize the place. One time my older brothers' friend - who apparently went on to be a vicar! - took on their leader in a proper scrap, gave a good account of himself, and they mostly left us alone after that.

In fact one evening we were still playing and they were streaming in along the top path when we saw 1 of them climb up one of the big trees and fall off, injuring himself quite badly. One of our lot ran to his nearby home to get his Dad (a doctor) who immediately came down, diagnosed a broken leg amongst other things, and organised an ambulance to get him to hospital.

After that, no more problems at all, in fact we were more or less mates!

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 2