IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

On 3 July 2016 at 18:55, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not Play Offs POHH - was final game of season and Sheff Untited were promoted and came en masse - many in fancy dress if you recall !!!

I was sat in the Dolman for that game in C block.  If my memory is correct, a large section of the Sheffield United lot were in block A of the Dolman (the days when the B Block had a bit of a reputation and it all kicked off sometime around half time.  I remember spotting a fella whose name I can't remember, squat bloke, used to be a bouncer in one of the pubs just off the Centre, slowly descend from the top corner of the Williams, through the enclosure (the crowd parted), scaled the wall in front of the enclosure and then proceeded to waddle across the pitch to the Dolman completely unchallenged - I'm sure the stewards were watching in amazement.  He then climbed over the wall in front of the Dolman and climbed the stairs leading to the A Block.  Again, completely unchallenged but a rallying call to the B Block.  Carnage.

As for Newport who have been mentioned in dispatches, I know a fair few of the old Newport skinheads who speak in very respectful tones about City in the 70s and 80s.  And they wouldn't have abided Cardiff standing alongside them in those days.

2 hours ago, weymouth red said:

Rember he left his money on the milk float was early in morning we were walking around Carlsile

That was one of the reasons we all got nicked....A certain Rob B from Knowle.

I could not afford to plead guilty (previous) so pleaded NG and caught the train up for the hearing.Got up there 3pm and they had all gone home..:laugh:..They found a judge and the copper involved and opened the court just for me.Got off with it then jumped on a train and some how ended up in Paddington after the last Bristol train had left so jumped on the paper train at 3 in the morning and then got nicked at T Meads for no ticket....You couldn't make it up :laugh:....Them were the days

On 09/07/2016 at 14:11, 1960maaan said:

Was that the one the train was turned back ??

I was a steward on that train! What I remember most was the local journalist interviewing disgruntled fans upon our eturn at Temple Meads.  One bloke interjected an interview to say that there were helicopters and Jets in the sky shooting firing at the stationary train! How the fan kept a straight face was one thing....why the Post didn't print his account is another! 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

That's interesting - surprised they would have needed or welcomed them there

Newport were certainly no tin pot support in those days

Correct.  Newport did not need Cardiff, infact they used to take it to Cardiff quite happily most weekends on the choo, choo. They had a few nasty geezers in the 80's. Remember a few of them being tooled up down TM one year post home game. 

12 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

As for Newport who have been mentioned in dispatches, I know a fair few of the old Newport skinheads who speak in very respectful tones about City in the 70s and 80s.  And they wouldn't have abided Cardiff standing alongside them in those days.

They weren't "standing alongside them", they were there to take the piss of their own accord as it may have been our last game .

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:28, Tall King Blox said:

The milkman who was on his Saturday collections who left his money in the float ! 

I was on that coach. The return trip to court was utter chaos as well. The machines were done in the services and in the courtroom, a certain Rob B turned around to a couple of Carlisle lads and asked "have you ever seen a scrap in a courtroom before", they replied " they hadn't ",  he said " you'd better ****k off now then or you will ". They left quickly and quietly. I got a £50 fine and £5 costs.

We returned to Bristol with the rumour that our pictures were displayed at AG for the night game against Derby (I think). Front page news in the Post, saying we were all banned for life. Watched the game from the Dolman for the first time.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I was on that coach. The return trip to court was utter chaos as well. The machines were done in the services and in the courtroom, a certain Rob B turned around to a couple of Carlisle lads and asked "have you ever seen a scrap in a courtroom before", they replied " they hadn't ",  he said " you'd better ****k off now then or you will ". They left quickly and quietly. I got a £50 fine and £5 costs.

We returned to Bristol with the rumour that our pictures were displayed at AG for the night game against Derby (I think). Front page news in the Post, saying we were all banned for life. Watched the game from the Dolman for the first time.

I forgot to mention that my younger brother was on the coach and when the old bill came on to arrest everyone i told to him pretend he was deaf & dumb like the other two (regulars) and you will be ok.The copper walked up to him and asked his name and he started waving his hands and making noises and it worked a treat and they left him alone...It was f+++++g hilarious at the time.

Rob B and his family (brothers) were a good bunch of lads.They ran a car spares shop opposite Southmead Hospital and liked a good crack.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Anyone remember the scottish guy we met in Carlisle, was thumbing his way to London, we said he could come

back with us, dunno if he got nicked as well cos it all kicked off after the game when he tried to open a bottle of beer

on the edge of a garden wall after the game, his attempt was a fail and the sound of breaking glass sent the old bill into a frenzy

and they tried to nick him, but we liberated him and it was all downhill after that !!!

4 hours ago, weymouth red said:

No I Rember the Carlisle lad who came from Bristol when it started :laugh:

There is always a few like that.

Me,Angus and about 4 others got caught in Cardiff in about 72 all cropped and dressed in sta pressed,DM's,Crombies and surrounded by about 100 scruffy Cardiff lads..The conversation went like this......Where you boyo's from (cardiff playing city that day)....Gloucester we said and just doing some shopping...OK then name the prison ..Leyhill i said...The're OK then they are not Bristol and off they went...Not the brightest bunch as we gave them a good kicking two hours later when the special arrived.

47 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

There is always a few like that.

Me,Angus and about 4 others got caught in Cardiff in about 72 all cropped and dressed in sta pressed,DM's,Crombies and surrounded by about 100 scruffy Cardiff lads..The conversation went like this......Where you boyo's from (cardiff playing city that day)....Gloucester we said and just doing some shopping...OK then name the prison ..Leyhill i said...The're OK then they are not Bristol and off they went...Not the brightest bunch as we gave them a good kicking two hours later when the special arrived.

Stories like this make me laugh. Had a similar episode with a group of City lads years ago on a RS coach to Leicester . The Old Filbert Street FA Cup game. We were well outnumbered before the game, we were in a pub having a quiet drink, took a bit of a beating to be honest, but they had some when the numbers were more equal post match. Yes, we saw the same Leicester mob after the game! Talk about retribution.

Hardly anyone went back on the coach to Bristol as the driver refused to wait for us after the game!! We won, the game was on MOTD. Think this was when we had Andy Cole and Jacky up front?

Think this was the same season as the famous Chelsea FA Cup home game, when it went off big time outside going up to the old H&C pub before the match. One of the biggest CSF mobs I can remember. All up for it that day. The atmosphere on North Street was menacing.

29 minutes ago, weymouth red said:

I Rember when we went to Leicester in 70s by mini busses after the game we were in traffic and some city were being attacked by Leicester lads and dint see us the doors burst open and every one piled out to the shock of them :laugh:

That happened at Peterborough watney cup.Supporters coach got attacked and we came behind and cornered them.Hacker had hired a 24 seater bus full of some good lads.On the trip back we pulled in for a slash and some guy painting his house came down from this nice double aluminium ladder and went inside.Hacker (?) then walked into the garden and nicked the ladder.It just fitted down the middle of the bus.I bet the geezer had a shock when he came back out..:laugh:.

City and Leicester used to be good buddy's in the early 70's and me,Angus,Beeney and about 10 others went to Swindon once when Leicester were playing.We were sat in the station cafe when about 100 Swindon attacked thinking we were the Filbert boys.We were giving it our best shot but taking a few hits when the Leicester special pulled in with 1000 Leicester lads.....carnage followed.

5 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Stories like this make me laugh. Had a similar episode with a group of City lads years ago on a RS coach to Leicester . The Old Filbert Street FA Cup game. We were well outnumbered before the game, we were in a pub having a quiet drink, took a bit of a beating to be honest, but they had some when the numbers were more equal post match. Yes, we saw the same Leicester mob after the game! Talk about retribution.

Hardly anyone went back on the coach to Bristol as the driver refused to wait for us after the game!! We won, the game was on MOTD. Think this was when we had Andy Cole and Jacky up front?

Think this was the same season as the famous Chelsea FA Cup home game, when it went off big time outside going up to the old H&C pub before the match. One of the biggest CSF mobs I can remember. All up for it that day. The atmosphere on North Street was menacing.

Chelsea was early '90 mate, Leicester was 2 years later

4 hours ago, BobbyC said:

That happened at Peterborough watney cup.Supporters coach got attacked and we came behind and cornered them.Hacker had hired a 24 seater bus full of some good lads.On the trip back we pulled in for a slash and some guy painting his house came down from this nice double aluminium ladder and went inside.Hacker (?) then walked into the garden and nicked the ladder.It just fitted down the middle of the bus.I bet the geezer had a shock when he came back out..:laugh:.

City and Leicester used to be good buddy's in the early 70's and me,Angus,Beeney and about 10 others went to Swindon once when Leicester were playing.We were sat in the station cafe when about 100 Swindon attacked thinking we were the Filbert boys.We were giving it our best shot but taking a few hits when the Leicester special pulled in with 1000 Leicester lads.....carnage followed.

Similar thing. About six of us stood on Liverpool Street underground station late night after a trip to Colchester in the early 80s. We`re just about to get a right good kicking from a bunch of West Ham who were on there as well when the Everton special train pulls in on its way back from Ipswich. Never seen twenty blokes run so fast in my life!

There will never be a proper book chronicling the actions of CSF 1984. 

I quote one of my my very good mates who was part of the original CSF 1984 and giving the firm a name......

"NO ******* BOOKS"

I feel almost compelled to get him to change his mind and write a book from 1983'onwards, the scene changed, we were young casuals and whose uniform alone would get you a kicking in the wrong town, the rise of the firm into one of the most feared in the leagues and the different styles, labels and lengths some of us went to get them, we are casuals and we stand firm together.

ps not read this new book, but I've heard it's worth a read.

On 14 July 2016 at 19:11, Nicki's soulmate said:

Chelsea was early '90 mate, Leicester was 2 years later

Chelsea really didn't expect to get what they got that day, the mob we had out was frankly one of the biggest and nastiest I've ever seen anywhere and every time I see a genuine Chelsea fan they say the same' we were truly in a different league.

i must say some of the Cardiff games away especially have been great, I remember a small group of us arriving in Cardiff about 3pm for a midweek night game, Cardiff OB Football Intellihence officer "potato head" RIP who was as fair as they come said we were on a suicide mission as there was 30 of us tops, he pointed us to an alleyway behind Burger King leading to the POW (think Calrlisle in the piss pot trophy), before we got there we made the corner and saw their numbers, they thought we were going to back off instead we just piled in towards them and they dispersed with a bit of tit for tat but the scene was set and we again met them behind the millennium stadium pushing our way towards Tinnion Park. The day carried on much the same but now more City were in the area and the police and locals were definitely not enjoying our presence.

Another great evening was Swansea away and the Potters wheel pub, chasing the jacks through the kitchen and out the back, I don't think there was a pub window with its Windows intact, I remember getting to the Swansea Jack pub and Garibaldi, City were evil that night! I don't remember seeing a single shirt or scarf In the away end that night it was lads only or so it seemed, the atmosphere was electric and after the game the police struggled to keep us apart as we emptied front gardens at them and they rained marbles and debris back at us.

I could go on and on about the naughty nineties, and all the way up to  last season, but I'll be damned to the naughty corner of the Otib forum with Kachina etc

ps don't read this richwwjd 

Archived