Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

CyderInACan

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

20 hours ago, hollydog said:

About a minute after 3.

Really?

The OP's post referred to people coming to the environs of the ground after the game had started so that's the time period I'm referring to. 

20 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Edit 1 minute after 3pm not what I was referring to at all.

Yup, it was later than the time you refer to @hollydog

Just now, phantom said:

That is EXACTLY what happens - maybe not deliberately but "stragglers" leaving pubs late, then getting to the ground late

Have you honestly never noticed away allocations where a large group of fans stroll in 10-15 minutes late?

Stragglers leaving the pub a few minutes late is one thing, and there's not a whole lot wrong with trying to squeeze that extra pint in, but to turn up after the match has started so you can 'take over' an empty pub and not even bother going to the match is just lunacy.

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Stragglers leaving the pub a few minutes late is one thing, and there's not a whole lot wrong with trying to squeeze that extra pint in, but to turn up after the match has started so you can 'take over' an empty pub and not even bother going to the match is just lunacy.

Lunacy indeed but reality nevertheless trust me.

The reality isn't actually empty pubs but those containing locals who are not going to the game having to defend themselves against coked up drunk aggressors. The police are fully aware of this yet choose to ignore it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Ok, last post on the topic for me, as we seem to be going around in circles. I'm not sure if you're deliberately obfuscating the point I'm trying to make or ignoring it entirely.

At no stage did I say violence was an inherent threat at any football ground. At no stage did I say violence at a football ground was desirable, in fact I have been at pains to suggest otherwise. At no stage did I say that all fans always witness trouble at grounds.

I have simply stated (here it is for the fourth time, get ready!) that large groups of away fans cannot mass together and sing outside the stadium itself or home pubs close to grounds without a response, be that from the police or home fans, at the vast majority of grounds in this country.

I genuinely hope you carry on avoiding all such incidents at games, but that doesn't mean to say they don't happen. I shall bid you good day!

No offence intended or taken...I think wires have got crossed...but anyhow I feel that an exciting season beckons, thanks for your good wishes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Have you honestly never noticed away allocations where a large group of fans stroll in 10-15 minutes late?

Used to happen regularly at Wycmbe (a) when the "entertainment" on offer at the White Horse was by far and away better than that on the pitch. 

• Like 3

On 6 September 2016 at 09:48, richwwtk said:

I am doing it a lot less now because I know it annoys people, but it just really bugs me when people come on here glamourising and legitimising violence and nobody says a thing! I'll go back to being quiet now.

Thank god for that.

I honestly hope you are never a victim of hooliganism, because I've seen plenty of shirters getting a kicking from the likes of Cardiff and the the like, of course your idealistic bubble you live in will protect you.

Do you know how many times we've had to stand and protect innocent people from getting kickings, who knows it could have you been saved a good hiding by one of our lot, but as you know everything about hooliganism carry on chatting behind your keyboard.

• Like 5

On 8 September 2016 at 12:18, Loon plage said:

Lunacy indeed but reality nevertheless trust me.

The reality isn't actually empty pubs but those containing locals who are not going to the game having to defend themselves against coked up drunk aggressors. The police are fully aware of this yet choose to ignore it

I don't even bloody like football, I just like the aggro and deliberately getting hassled by old bill, missing half the game that I can't enjoy because I'm wired up on sniff and nursing my black eye.

unfortunatelly theres a few on here that'll believe the above sentence.............

Although half of its true, I hate football!

• Like 2

If you think there is only trouble if you look for it then you're very wrong, maybe you wear a shirt and shoes when you're at football so nobody bothers you but saying it's easy to avoid is quite simply inaccurate.

I'm 21 & get abuse chucked at me basically every game, any away games you can guarantee a group of 'hooligans' will be giving it the large as they outnumber us, there's been several occasions where we've had to defend ourselves against away fans when we've literally been walking to and from the ground without being slightly boisterous.

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2017 at 09:29, phantom said:

Last I saw was the photos were being taken for the covers, final proof read etc was done.

Launch is imminent 

Weren't the photos done in the Lions on the day of the Cardiff game? Pretty sure the "Offical" Three Lions photographer told me  about this a few weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Weren't the photos done in the Lions on the day of the Cardiff game? Pretty sure the "Offical" Three Lions photographer told me  about this a few weeks ago. 

Could be right - just what I read on the guys facebook account

11 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Seems a long time in the making ? Shakespeare knocked up plays quicker than this...

yes but he only needed to mob up Macbeth along with Romeo & Juliette

• Like 1

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:24, ziderheadarmy said:

Can't recall the title or be that bothered to search on here for the thread but is the book now out ? If so is it worth a read ? 

Ps before any wise guys poo up some of us don't live on this forum like others ! 

poo up ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Seems a long time in the making ? Shakespeare knocked up plays quicker than this...

I think you'll find "William Shakespeare" had a team of writers/was a team of writers/his canon was the work of a number of different writers/will turn out to have been a woman.

Controversial? Discuss.....

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think you'll find "William Shakespeare" had a team of writers/was a team of writers/his canon was the work of a number of different writers/will turn out to have been a woman.

I thought he was Big Billy S. Top boy in the Stratford-upon-Avon crew, The Naughty Poets. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I thought he was Big Billy S. Top boy in the Stratford-upon-Avon crew, The Naughty Poets. 

They weren't anything to write home about.

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I thought his mob were called "The Upstart Crows" ?

Big Billy S was nominal top boy, but everyone ITK says the real nutter was Chris " Is this a Stanley I see before me" Marlow !

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

So big Billy did run the firm then.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Is there anything in there that's really worth knowing about? 

Nope, it'll be like every other "Hooligans' Diary" - uncorroborated tales of "results" that will be disputed by rival firms, condescension towards "scarfers" who don't get embroiled in this nonsense, and constant attempts to make out that it's all just a bit of a laugh and nobody gets hurt.

Avoid.

• Like 3

On 30/01/2017 at 12:02, Jack Dawe said:

From someone who genuinely thought Animal Farm was all about animals, I'll pass on that offer thanks. 

1 hour ago, Nakedreds said:

When is this book on sale??and where can I buy it from??the c.s.f is like a family and all look after one another!!!

That's the Co-Op you're thinking off ?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Is it out yet?

No review in The Guardian or The Times book sections so I guess not.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:15, BobbyC said:

That's the Co-Op you're thinking off ?

Notorious mob ..  C R S  ...based in Manchester - chapters everywhere!

Leo used to be the main man. 

• Like 3

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 08:15, kivsy said:

For 2 years it's been labelled ,  coming soon ! 

Hmm, its about hard men & reputation isn't it? .... impressive and 'tantric' !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

According to the author......" We terrorized England and Europe for two decades."

Even Hitler didn't manage 20 years and that guy was a complete dick.

Never trashed the 'football express' up to Paddington though, what a lightweight.

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 19:44, Nakedreds said:

When is this book on sale??and where can I buy it from??the c.s.f is like a family and all look after one another!!!

Ohh for Heavens sake, .....put some clothes on will you? 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:54, RumRed said:

Are those trousers PVC?  Very shiny, interesting choice if so.

Could do with being taken up a bit too.

....hmm, that would be a turn-up for the book.

• Like 3

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

Ohh for Heavens sake, .....put some clothes on will you? 

I'm sure if they're like family he'll get a copy for Christmas, along with a nice pair of pyjamas (with a stone island badge stitched on if he's been a good boy).