IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Every game I go to , always do 3-2 both ways. £65 in the pocket a few beers for the train home 

I don't think we can underestimate how crucially important those 3 points were for us today and tribute must go to you and the rest of the City fans at the game; what a fabulous noise you made so take a huge bow mate because you WERE instrumental in getting City back in to the game and once that first goal went in it was virtually all one way traffic.

Come the end of the season we may look back at this result and say this was the day that not only did we sack the Ruskie but it was when we stayed comfortably in the play off zone instead of looking over our shoulder.

For me quite probably the most satisfying result of this campaign so far.

• Like 3

The way we were playing up to the point they went 2-0 up, you could never have seen us getting back into the game, let alone going on to win.

There is obviously something about this squad for them to be able to turn it around the way they did.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

People talk about injuries being the problem...johnson has spent millions on 30 players and it seems city only have 11 players who are up to it. The squad is clearly weak. 

This squad is in the quarter finals of the league cup and 5th in the league. We have beaten three Premier League teams with weakened sides and are continuing to win matches in the league despite significant absences.

Sorry about today’s result, must be tough for you.

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

I know injuries are no excuse, hence why I'm glad I'm posting this now we've won, but I think - with some posts earlier in the thread - people forget we were missing five players at the start of the game and six at the time of the comeback, with two more playing but nowhere near fully fit. Those eight include both first-choice full-backs, both first choice wingers, our first-choice target man and his natural replacement. 

You can talk about depth but that is a significant level of injury. It's bound to affect our performances.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 8

Well to be honest 10 minutes after their 2nd goal I thought that we were looking at a big defeat, they were battering us and our defending was very shaky.

But fair play to LJ and the team they then took the game by the scruff of the neck and aided by Flint’s goal at a good time suddenly started to believe and I for one believe we deserved that win.

Fielding 6 deserved better cover for both goals.

Wright 4 a game to forget at fault for their first goal.

Flint 6 he is a warrior.

Baker 6 always calm.

Magnússon 5 to be fair he was ok but at fault for the 2nd goal.

Brownhill 8 played really well throughout especially in the 2nd half where he was the best player on view, great goal, great talent, MOM.

Pack 3 rightly subbed, lucky to be on the field and every single one of his fouls were unnecessary.

Smith 6 not at his best but came to the fore when we started to take control of the game.

ODowda 6 always a threat, hope the knock he took is not too bad.

Reid 6 not at his best but yet again in the right place for his goal.

Woodrow 6 I thought he looked ok, without being a goal threat, I suspect he was sacrificed to allow a different approach.

Eliasson 7 best crosser at the club great free kick leading to the first goal.

Patterson 7 managed to achieve what had been missing, moving their back 4 around.

Djuric 7 gave them something different to think about.

LJ 8 took a gamble and it paid off but at least he is prepared to do that and well done him, all 3 subs affected the game and ultimate result and I think we deserved it.

• Like 1

We weren't playing well but were always in the game - problem was Reid and Woodrow not being able to hold the ball or find someone in red. Last 20 minutes we managed to play through the midfield and forwards were not always receiving the ball with backs to goal. Eliason was a good outlet and Hull simply panicked any time the ball was put in their box. Disagree with those slating Magnússon - he did some good defensive and attacking work. Made mistakes but then in first 70 minutes so did most of the team!

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I know injuries are no excuse, hence why I'm glad I'm posting this now we've won, but I think - with some posts earlier in the thread - people forget we were missing five players at the start of the game and six at the time of the come back, with two more playing but nowhere near fully fit. Those eight include both first-choice full-backs, both first choice winners, our first-choice target man and his natural replacement. 

You can talk about depth but that is a significant level of injury. It's bound to affect our performances.

Spot on, considering the non starters and probable 2 or 3 others carrying knocks this is an amazing performance and result. Credit to the coaching staff also for the changes and positive attitude.

• Like 2