IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Leko, Eliasson and Djuric on if Paterson isnt fit.

Pack, Magnússon and one of the strikers off with Odowda going to full back.

Our pattern of play is not working,  so stick the wingers on with the big man and see what happens.

Problem is with Djuric up front we just lump it forward all the time.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Is that an actual saying?

I’d have gone with parcel. 

I started typing cement, then got confused if the saying is trap a bag cement, then wondered if it was a bag of sand I should be referring to...

So I went with balloon just because I used to kick those around with accuracy as a 7 year old.

Parcel is good. Or exam. Um....

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, downendcity said:

International break again doing us no favours.

On a good run before the last break but since it we seem to be unable to come out of the blocks quickly from the start. Not helped by mounting injuries causing LJ go have to compromise on team selections.

Paterson, Bryan, Pisano, and Diedhiou all out injured and nailed on starters when fit. We are suffering from missing that quality. Was ok with just Pisano missing but all that momentum is gone because our best XI hasn’t played a game together in over a month. The break gave us a chance to get fit but ultimeately wasn’t long enough. Have to hope Joe and Pato are good to go next weekend. Depth at CM in January is crucial but we all see it, will city?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Lets have some perspective, we have played with MUCH better tempo than against Preston. There has nothing much between Hull and ourselves. Difference is just a really poor bit of goalkeeping by Frankie. Our problems are that neither Reid or Woodrow are keeping hold of the ball. Reid has been the worst culprit for letting passes bounce off him and Woodrow keeps getting too easily muscled out of it.

Like to see Eliasson on, for Pack, who has been the poorest of our midfield and is on a yellow. Djuric if fit enough, or Taylor for Woodrow or Reid.

No good playing better if the result turns out to be the same as earlier in the week.  That sounds too much like the excuses last season

We are constantly being told it is fine margins in this league and that we are paying attention to details such as length of grass.  Perhaps the grass hasn't been measured accurately in these last two games !

We need a point today to stop a potential slump.  I am beginning to be nervous all over again.  Am I alone?

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bailey Wright offers us sweet **** all going forward. I appreciate he's a centre-half but please, for ***** sake, stop passing the ball back to your mate Aden. Doing my head in, take someone on, thats your job!!!!

Id rather our RB not be taking people on if he’s in his own half... if he’s up attacking then fair enough.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bailey Wright offers us sweet **** all going forward. I appreciate he's a centre-half but please, for ***** sake, stop passing the ball back to your mate Aden. Doing my head in, take someone on, thats your job!!!!

His main job is to defend.

• Like 1
Just now, Ivorguy said:

No good playing better if the result turns out to be the same as earlier in the week.  That sounds too much like the excuses last season

We are constantly being told it is fine margins in this league and that we are paying attention to details such as length of grass.  Perhaps the grass hasn't been measured accurately in these last two games !

We need a point today to stop a potential slump.  I am beginning to be nervous all over again.  Am I alone?

I believe you are, yes. There is no way that we will go on a run like last season`s again.

• Like 1