IGNORED

Squad rotation/team for Boro

Buster Footman's T shirt

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

we've played them a few times on the tele at AG and they always brought 1500 at least 

A lot of the Leeds supporters stayed overnight when the played at Ashton Gate, so 1500 is a good estimate. If you live in Middlesbrough, any excuse for a weekend away is a good excuse 

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan(mags)

Eliasson Brownhill Smith Pato

Reid Taylor

The only thing I worry about is Eliasson having to track players as has looked good when chasing games. Earned a chamce though. Not big targets but Reid and Taylor would buzz about trying to get onto crosses. Taylor gives us an outlet as can hold the ball up. I would give it a go as I am a big fan of Djuric as an impact sub. 

6 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

IF we are going to rest players then Man Utd is the game to do it but that wouldn't be fair as they will all want to play and should be rewarded for playing so well. 

Lee will rest players for this game, no different to what he's done every other round. Steele will keep his place in goal and expect a couple of U23's will be given a run. invaluable experience for them going forward.

50 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

if played in the centre and not outwide

Think this game will see Brownhill and Smith in CM with Pack missing out.

Eliason would seem a natural replacement for O’Dowda, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Bryan play LM with Pato on the right.

Who will partner Reid....Taylor, Woodrow or Djúric? 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Man united is one game and a chance for a semi final place.  Very unlikely we win but not impossible. 

Yeah, on paper it looks unwinable, a great game to test ourselves against some big guns, we might do it, I’d rather concentrate on the league where we have more of a chance

I would love to see 3-5-2 at home. But not sure this is the game to be doing that in, don't boro play 4-3-3? Games like Preston, Burton etc. it would be  good option. 

But big game for us. We win we go 8 points clear of 7th placed Boro. Play the system and players that have done so well for us to this point! 

Agreed that injuries at any point now are gunna take its toll. We just gotta try and hang in there as best we can. Because when those players come back, they could be like new signings for us, and give us the edge come latter part of season ! 

19 hours ago, Selred said:

Boro isn't the game to rest players. 

They are the type of team we need to beat at home to make play offs.

They are also my ex-flatmates team, who is coming down for the game, this is bigger than United for me.

#LetsSmashThem 

Agree, no offence to Bakinson but he’d get walked all over in this type of game. Middlesbrough will be coming to win, no sitting back and playing for a point. If our best players are fit and able they’ll be playing. I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this 

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker 

Eliasson Smith Brownhill Pack Bryan 

Patterson 

Reid 

so 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. All i know is we’ll have to be on our game as Middlesbrough certainly will be! 

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Agree, no offence to Bakinson but he’d get walked all over in this type of game. Middlesbrough will be coming to win, no sitting back and playing for a point. If our best players are fit and able they’ll be playing. I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this 

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker 

Patterson 

Reid 

so 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. All i know is we’ll have to be on our game as Middlesbrough certainly will be! 

we aren't good enough to play with three at the back, while bryan can play wing back Eliasson can't we'd be over run down the right hand side playing that formation

28 minutes ago, Negan said:

Agree, no offence to Bakinson but he’d get walked all over in this type of game. Middlesbrough will be coming to win, no sitting back and playing for a point. If our best players are fit and able they’ll be playing. I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this.

Absolutely right. The Championship is the be all and end all as far as I'm concerned and I'm certain that LJ and the coaching staff see it that way as well.

The Man Utd game is an attractive and lucrative bonus but essentially a side show to the real aim - the PL.

LJ will undoubtedly play the strongest available team in all the Championship matches and you're right about Bakinson - I doubt he'll even be on the bench.

I don't think that Johnson rotates his squad.  I think he picks what he thinks is the right team for each match, taking fitness into account.  I would be staggered if 'resting' either Josh Brownhill or Bobby Reid would even cross his mind.

I'm sure he'll play what he thinks is the most appropriate side to beat Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Bakinson was an odd shout from the OP, He's only been on the bench to make the numbers a few times imo. 

Bryan, Eliasson & Paterson in for Magnússon, O'Dowda & Woodrow on saturday for me

Massive games in our season are Boro & Sheff United, a decent points return from them both will put is in a very good position going in to the Christmas period. 

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker 

Patterson 

Reid 

This line up could work. @Monkeh Bryan can slide to left back to have a flat back 4, whilst Patto can then go wide. 5 in midfield could work well against Boro.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

This line up could work. @Monkeh Bryan can slide to left back to have a flat back 4, whilst Patto can then go wide. 5 in midfield could work well against Boro.

Agreed there's certainly an argument for playing Djuric but LJ will not want to see a repeat of the hopeful long balls against PNE.

We play our best football with the ball on the floor, Djuric is a great option to have off the bench and to start certain games but not Saturday.

Absolutely have to keep the same back 4 - they are starting to gel.

Important to keep it tight when we have the bonus of Eros returning in 8 weeks.

Wright, Flint, Baker, Maggs

keep them as a unit.

Midfield - horses for courses I guess, BUT - I would love to see Milan start with Reid, and swap Milan for Taylor after he has battered their defence for 50 - 55 mins (unless it is failing abysmally)

Boro are a bloody good side - I'd take a point in a heartbeat.

What was the cost of their starting 11?  -  40 million quid or something?

If they 'click' they are a seriously good side.

I'm really surprised at the confidence of some on here - we could easily lose this.

I know we are at home, but a draw would be more than acceptable.

Very tough game this.

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

keep them as a unit.

Midfield - horses for courses I guess, BUT - I would love to see Milan start with Reid, and swap Milan for Taylor after he has battered their defence for 50 - 55 mins (unless it is failing abysmally)

I'm really surprised at the confidence of some on here - we could easily lose this.

Very tough game this.

Agree with some of your comments but although Mags seems to be improving since he's had a run of games.

Bryan has to come in if for me, although we may well see Mags at left back and Bryan on the left wing. 

Boro are a very good side on their day and with the money they've spent especially on their strike force it's going to be tough.

But they are also very inconsistent, there on the back of a very poor result which means yes they'll want to bouce back but there confidence will of taken a beating.

A good game a football with goals I'm going 3-1 City. 

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

keep them as a unit.

Very tough game this.

Yes cannot agree more solid back 4 gets better more it together

Archived