IGNORED

World Cup Draw

wendyredredrobin

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

IF England get through the group

They will face a side from Group H in the last 16.

So either Poland, Senegal, Colombia or Japan.

That's if we get out of the group...

And of course England have only ever won 5 knock out matches in tournament football outside of England.

I wonder if I should apply to be the team's motivational speaker?

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

That's if we get out of the group...

And of course England have only ever won 5 knock out matches in tournament football outside of England.

I wonder if I should apply to be the team's motivational speaker?

Dave Dodds has got that job...

1 hour ago, Super said:

Blimey what a piss easy group. Shame we're not very good!

Remarkably fortunate but Belgium are no pushovers. 

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Monday June 18: Tunisia (7pm) in Volgograd

Sunday June 24: Panama (1pm) in Nizhny

Thursday June 28: Belgium (7pm) in Kaliningrad

Thats a very interesting venue for the final group game; the enclave of Kaliningrad previously Konigburg and the seat of Prussian power and intelligencia before and after the original forming of Germany. It was a beautiful city on the Baltic. Love to go to that match.

With some groups you could have a good guess at who will be the top two teams. A few others though and there's three nations in contention for the top two. Still it wasn't a one sided draw like the Carabou Cup QF.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Remarkably fortunate but Belgium are no pushovers. 

Thats a very interesting venue for the final group game; the enclave of Kaliningrad previously Konigburg and the seat of Prussian power and intelligencia before and after the original forming of Germany. It was a beautiful city on the Baltic. Love to go to that match.

Volgograd changed it's name in the 60's I believe. Before that it was Stalingrad. Do Germany get to play there?

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Volgograd changed it's name in the 60's I believe. Before that it was Stalingrad. Do Germany get to play there?

It would be a frosty welcome if they did wouldn't it blimey.. Good point.

4 group stage matches in Volgograd including our opener v Tunisia. Germany not included.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was there in 98 when we opened against Tunisia Shearer and Scholesy saw us home in baking heat

:englandflag:

also in Bologna in 90 for my fav ever England moment witnessed live - Platts injutpryntime winner

The signs are good

:clapping:

:englandflag:

I’ve been to Bologna - couple of times recently, amazing City, amazing food, cheap flights from Bristol and easy to get tickets to watch serie A football, Ac Milan played last time I was there

32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve been to Bologna - couple of times recently, amazing City, amazing food, cheap flights from Bristol and easy to get tickets to watch serie A football, Ac Milan played last time I was there

I'm just reading a John Grisham book set there. Sounds good.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Stay in Bristol and watch the games on telly. Don't support the corrupt russin regime not giving a toss about human rights. 

I get what you are saying, sort makes me feel pretty much that I don't really care. Horrible regime those lying cheating racist outfit that is Russia.  I'll just go fishing in those long summer evenings with a radio and hope I get a bite.:robbored: .

7 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Why is everyone so happy with Belgium? Their team is on another level to ours

DeBruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois...

Because they’re as bad as us in terms of not playing to their potential and looking like a group of individuals rather than a team.  

And compared to the likes of Brazil, Germany, Spain and France it could have been tougher. 

8 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Why is everyone so happy with Belgium? Their team is on another level to ours

DeBruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois...

Think its the other 2 we are happy with. Belgium underachieve as much as us, they bottled the Wales game at the Euros.

Archived