IGNORED

World Cup Draw

wendyredredrobin

30 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Quite fancy the first game v tunisia in kaliningrad, little piece of russian soil between poland and Lithuania. Go for the game then spend a few days in Gdansk watching the footie drinking cheap beer ... happy days.

Good one for me to get to.

Think I will be popping along for this.

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Lying, cheating and murdering by those that have the power in this country is just as rife.  But here, they do it more subtly so they don't get caught.

They prefer to destroy your reputation and ruin your life so you lose everything you have over here.

At least the Russians are up front about it.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Sounds like you've been involved with the same kind of people that I have.

Fortunately not mate, just my observations from my nearly sixty years. It is so sad that we have changed so much in that time from people being generally honest and trying to do their best by others to not being able to trust most as far as you can throw them.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

They prefer to destroy your reputation and ruin your life so you lose everything you have over here.

At least the Russians are up front about it.

Ridiculous comment 2...

'At least the Russians are up front'  what are you talking about?... they are up front about nothing. Country run by Mafia types.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Quite fancy the first game v tunisia in kaliningrad, little piece of russian soil between poland and Lithuania. Go for the game then spend a few days in Gdansk watching the footie drinking cheap beer ... happy days.

It's the Belgium game on 28th June which is in Kaliningrad as per havanatopia's post

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The first game against Tunisia is in Volgograd, not Kaliningrad. It's the third game against Belgium that's in Kaliningrad.

5 hours ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Why is everyone so happy with Belgium? Their team is on another level to ours

DeBruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois...

that last beat us 81 years ago, only once in their entire history. not that past results have any bearing but some teams just seem to be like that for others as we well know.

6 hours ago, ProjectMayhem said:

On paper, definitely. Whether they'll translate it to grass in a major tournament remains to be seen - but I think they will.

People forget that Wilmots has been sacked and a new manager is at the helm which can make a huge difference to a team.

For verification of this just send a stamped addressed envelope to Sean O'Dismal. ;)

23 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was there in 98 when we opened against Tunisia Shearer and Scholesy saw us home in baking heat

:englandflag:

also in Bologna in 90 for my fav ever England moment witnessed live - Platts injutpryntime winner

The signs are good

:clapping:

:englandflag:

Was there too SuperBob. Great moment when Platty scored.

Think we stayed at some dodgy campsite out of town if I remember. You had Big Wilf & “Chelsea Rob” with you I think?. The spics were going round stabbing England fans In the backside on mopeds and then driving off (cowards), if I remember right, so thought best to head out of town to camp (good days them).

20 hours ago, ProjectMayhem said:

DeBruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois...

They have on paper one of the best teams in the world. GK - Courtouis.  DEF - Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Alderwiereld, Meunier. Mid - Dembele, De Bruyne, Tielemans, Hazard. ATT - Lakaku, Mertens. Add to that you have, Benteke, Fellini, Kompany, Batshuayi, Ferreira Carrasco and Nainggolan and it's clear they have a very strong squad. And whilst they haven't performed well at previous tournaments neither have we. If they get their shit together they would be serious contenders to win it.

18 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

How many World Cups have they won, European...?

0 That many

Yes and we won it in 1966 is that going to make our current team better worse? How many they have won in the past is irrelevant, particularly as we are playing them at the group stage.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

They have on paper one of the best teams in the world. GK - Courtouis.  DEF - Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Alderwiereld, Meunier. Mid - Dembele, De Bruyne, Tielemans, Hazard. ATT - Lakaku, Mertens. Add to that you have, Benteke, Fellini, Kompany, Batshuayi, Ferreira Carrasco and Nainggolan and it's clear they have a very strong squad. And whilst they haven't performed well at previous tournaments neither have we. If they get their shit together they would be serious contenders to win it.

Yes and we won it in 1966 is that going to make our current team better worse? How many they have won in the past is irrelevant, particularly as we are playing them at the group stage.

They have a fantastic squad, but they always fail at finals, maybe this time? 

Archived