IGNORED

The perils of renting.....

Maesknoll Red

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

Wow, I thought this was going to be about our January loans and whether we should sign them the following season?

I am disapointed too, but in my case i was hoping for a debate about unscrupulous landlords, appalling sanitation explosion and the shocking impact of discovering dead prostitutes in the cellar.

I never did get my deposit back.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Can I be the first to say a massive '**** you' to West Ham

Their smugness at doing such a great deal will surely come back to bite them on the arse. Hate them, and their fans, and their owners

**** you. Again, just for good measure

You ain't a West Ham fan I think Woodsy

I don't get the vitriol towards WHU, what club/owner/chaiman/fan would turn down the joke of an offer they were given?
Sell your ground and keep the money, nominal rental fee for the new ground, we will cover the running costs and any settling in costs. The local council couldn't have bent over any more but it's up to Gold, Sullivan and the rest to get the best deal for their club, and man did they ever.
Tha fault is totally with the council, Gov and Olympic committee . 

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't get the vitriol towards WHU, what club/owner/chaiman/fan would turn down the joke of an offer they were given?
Sell your ground and keep the money, nominal rental fee for the new ground, we will cover the running costs and any settling in costs. The local council couldn't have bent over any more but it's up to Gold, Sullivan and the rest to get the best deal for their club, and man did they ever.
Tha fault is totally with the council, Gov and Olympic committee . 

Exactly. Although I do think West Ham may come to regret it. If they get relegated and struggle they could end up as next Coventry. Suddenly that £2.5m a year in Champ/L1 would be come a real burden 

21 hours ago, Midred said:

Wow, I thought this was going to be about our January loans and whether we should sign them the following season?

It was reported on SSN yesterday that one French team has actually PAID to loan a player for a few months. Then they'll pay again to sign him permanently.

Hmm; I wonder if Rovers would pay to hire Matt Taylor? Who knows; the fee demanded by City might be enough to bankrupt Rovers.

20 hours ago, 22A said:

It was reported on SSN yesterday that one French team has actually PAID to loan a player for a few months. Then they'll pay again to sign him permanently.

Hmm; I wonder if Rovers would pay to hire Matt Taylor? Who knows; the fee demanded by City might be enough to bankrupt Rovers.

Not uncommon these days. Loan possibly forms part of the fee up front.

On 12/1/2017 at 17:43, BigTone said:

You ain't a West Ham fan I think Woodsy

Ha, one of my drinking buddy's is a West Ham fan, I love the bloke, he's brilliant. But he's a West Ham fan, and that will always be a problem for me!! One eyed to a similar degree to Liverpool fans. The only thing I will say about them, unlike Newcastle (the other great myth of English football) WH always sold out the away end in the old Div 2 games, unlike the Geordies, who like to remind everyone how they've been a massive club from day 1

Just a horrible club, and their owners - ugh, the ******* lot of them. I cannot tell you how happy I would be if we could get promoted and they got relegated. Even if it was just one season......

On 12/2/2017 at 15:17, 22A said:

I believe that is quite common practice.

Wasn't there talk of City paying Chelsea for Tammy's loan?

Archived