IGNORED

Hengrove Athletic - a warm invitation!

Hamdon Mart

Yes I thought it would be good (for a second time) to go along and support local football 

As I arrived Buckland scored , opps 0-1 scored again ,again, and again 0-4  and not even half time. Hengrove supporter behind the goal shouting what bastards the opposition were ,whilst some young children played close by. 

Into the club house to buy a coffee , lady serving seemed annoyed that I had arrived before half time.  Second half starts ,football a little better, my wife and daughter who were out walking  the dogs called in to meet meet me for a lift home.They walked into the car park ,with the dogs on a lead ! And that really upset the local,............they were  in the car car park not any where near the hallowed turf !,People running around telling them to get out !, 

unbellivable 

watching local football here again ... No I won't bother ,you're  not welcome 

On 18/11/2018 at 10:05, Odd socks said:

Yes I thought it would be good (for a second time) to go along and support local football 

As I arrived Buckland scored , opps 0-1 scored again ,again, and again 0-4  and not even half time. Hengrove supporter behind the goal shouting what bastards the opposition were ,whilst some young children played close by. 

Into the club house to buy a coffee , lady serving seemed annoyed that I had arrived before half time.  Second half starts ,football a little better, my wife and daughter who were out walking  the dogs called in to meet meet me for a lift home.They walked into the car park ,with the dogs on a lead ! And that really upset the local,............they were  in the car car park not any where near the hallowed turf !,People running around telling them to get out !, 

unbellivable 

Hi there Odd Socks,

Apologies for not replying sooner, I hadn't spotted this until now.

I'm really disappointed that you didn't feel welcome at the ground, it certainly looks like you came on a bad day. The club has a good reputation for being hospitable and friendly, as some other posters might be able to confirm, but on this day, we have fallen well short, and I can only say sorry. We try to uphold a good standard of welcome as at this level, every £6 we take on the gate is for the club; we are one of very, very few clubs in the Western League that don't pay their players so the money is reinvested back into the club to cover utilities, match officials, clubhouse stock etc. 

Dogs aren't permitted anywhere on the premises, however there is a way and a means of informing people of this rule and it seems that we failed here too. 

If you would like to DM me your name and address or email me at secretary@hengroveathletic.com then I will send you a complimentary ticket for a game of your choice. Once again, I'm really sorry that you felt unwelcome and hope that you'll give us a second chance. 

Martin (secretary)  

On 18/11/2018 at 10:05, Odd socks said:

unbellivable 

What did you expect? Everyone knows Hengrove Athletic are the “Millwall” of the Toolstation League?

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What did you expect? Everyone knows Hengrove Athletic are the “Millwall” of the Toolstation League?

Too right, there’s a reason they’re not allowed to play within the City boundaries and play out in the sticks ?  (only joking Hengrovian)

Archived