IGNORED

Paterson

Londoner

When he drives our midfield we look unplayable at times. His work rate is unbelievable. Not everything comes of. But he is the creative spark we need. 

You really notice him when he is not on the team sheet. 

The free role he has, demands Smith and Pack have great games breaking up plays and being responsible whilst in possession. 

If that midfield 3 clicks it has been proven that they can dominate and dictate play. Really take the game to our opponents who at times can't live with us. 

Great player 

39 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Thought he had so much energy again tonight - he clearly has been struggling to get back to full fitness recently.

Pato is a bag of bones at the best of times, so any illness that knocks the shit outa you will always take more time for the likes of him than I to get back to normal!..

Great to have you back,Pato...

The progress that O'Dowda, Paterson and Brownhill have made in 12 months is really significant.

They were all talked about as players for the future. Some of us (myself included) thought this was cover for "we bought the wrong players".

This season has proven three things for me. "Players for the future" was a fair description and they've actually justified their first team places quicker than I would have expected. Secondly, our coaching setup is making a significant difference compared to previous years. And finally, the attitude of these young players is absolutely spot on. I think Eliasson can be equally successful and we're also seeing old-timers like Bryan and Reid have their best seasons so far. Long may it continue.

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

Excellent perfomance despite what some clueless numpties say.

He was excellent today, but he has gone missing in a few games in the past weeks. I know he was ill and that was probably the reason, but I do feel it’s unfair to call people clueless for criticising him recently. 

Praise him when it’s due, like tonight, but also we don’t need to happy clap every week too. 

4 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Absolutely brilliant last night. 

Especially the double nut meg. 

Can'tbelieve we got him on the cheap. 

His mate Assombolonga was furious when Forest sold him iirc.

He said he joined us because LJ would let him play his natural game, which Forest evidently didn't.

Much credit too goes to Lee and his coaches for helping him to become an even better player since he joined us.

It's a joy to have players like him who want to learn and improve and who work so hard on their game.

4-5-1 our best formation. Some say it's defensive but it's quite the opposite. 

It gives Pato that free role, and like I said in another thread, he's unplayable in that role.

Hope LJ sticks with 4-5-1, especially away from home. I love when we pack the midfield. We often dominate with 5 in middle and Smith, Brownhill, Pato, Bryan breaking from midfield is really effective!

Archived