IGNORED

Disappointed if we don't make the play offs?

Kid in the Riot

Only three teams we haven't played: Forest, QPR and Sheffield U. So we can make an assessment based on seeing pretty much every team in the division. 

Five points clear of 7th place with the four clubs just outside the play off zone being Ipswich, Leeds, Boro and Preston. Beat two of those and lost two of them.

Notwithstanding expectations back in August, from the position we find ourselves in after 20 games, would you be disappointed if we did not make the top six?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only three teams we haven't played: Forest, QPR and Sheffield U. So we can make an assessment based on seeing pretty much every team in the division. 

Five points clear of 7th place with the four clubs just outside the play off zone being Ipswich, Leeds, Boro and Preston. Beat two of those and lost two of them.

Notwithstanding expectations back in August, from the position we find ourselves in after 20 games, would you be disappointed if we did not make the top six?

You have to say yes now. Anyone who says at this point in the season they would be happy to finish 7th is lying to themselves. That’s not to say a top 10 finish would be a disaster; it wouldn’t. It would represent a fourth consecutive season of improvement and genuine progress. But it’s undeniable now that not finishing in the play offs would be disappointing having put ourselves in such a strong position.

Perhaps the more interesting question is would you rather finish 7th or lose the play off final?!

Just enjoying our football at the moment more than anything.

Our expectations are still being kept in check. Injuries are a worry, but for me January is the key. Just about every forum I read say 'all we need is a new striker and attacking midfielder'. Just not that easy. We are no longer small fry in this league, but there are certainly bigger fish, and as much as we need to strengthen, equally worried that one of two of our key players get snaffled by those bigger fish.

Equally, giving ourselves every chance. Loving us at the moment.

The play-offs are of course a possibility, but i'd rather we kept the pressure on the other bigger clubs and just take this season as a huge step forward whatever happens.

No one thought top 6 in the summer so I don't see why we HAVE to be top 6 in May.

Let's just enjoy the ride!

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Worth noting too that of the top 6 we have drawn with Wolves, beaten Cardiff, drawn with Villa and beaten Derby.

Damned impressive and I expect us to get a result at Sheff Utd too.

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just enjoying our football at the moment more than anything.

Our expectations are still being kept in check. Injuries are a worry, but for me January is the key. Just about every forum I read say 'all we need is a new striker and attacking midfielder'. Just not that easy. We are no longer small fry in this league, but there are certainly bigger fish, and as much as we need to strengthen, equally worried that one of two of our key players get snaffled by those bigger fish.

Equally, giving ourselves every chance. Loving us at the moment.

If we are still in the top 6 come January then I am confident SL will not sell any of our prized assets regardless of the offer

• Admin
10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Perhaps the more interesting question is would you rather finish 7th or lose the play off final?!

Given the choice, especially after the last play off final and what happened after, if I had foresight to definitely say we lost the play off final, it would be take 7th......   I hate the playoffs, we need to overtake Cardiff!!

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wait till after Easter till you sqeak your bum, untill then sit back and enjoy the ride

38 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You have to say yes now. Anyone who says at this point in the season they would be happy to finish 7th is lying to themselves. That’s not to say a top 10 finish would be a disaster; it wouldn’t. It would represent a fourth consecutive season of improvement and genuine progress. But it’s undeniable now that not finishing in the play offs would be disappointing having put ourselves in such a strong position.

I'd be delighted with our progress if we finished 7th, but there would of course be an edge of disappointment that we didn't manage the playoffs.

For anyone doubting our credentials I believe it's now 4 defeats in the last 30 competitive  games.

That's got to make us the real deal surely ? 

One sticking point for many was how we would react after a defeat, well that's been truly put to bed. After the defeats to Leeds and Preston the boys just seem to come back stronger.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still take mid table. 

But I'm very much enjoying this...

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Wont be the end of the world if we dont although we have a decent chance. The worry would be whether we can keep hold of our top players who will surely attract interest.

Everyone’s thinking it, no one wants to say it but look at the team? Look at the way we’re playing ? 

Hopefully ???

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As gutting as it would be to lose the POF, we'd surely win loads more in prize £ and really put ourselves forward as a destination for new signings, as well as strengthening our position in trying to tie down existing players to new contracts. 

For that alone I'd take a day out at Wembley and then you being so upset at full time that you don't say a word to me and storm off home on the train. Just like Brighton in Cardiff eh ChippenhamRed?!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We certainly should be aiming for play offs minimum and keep our sights on Cardiff. Cardiff are not that good. They just have an excellent manager. 

Archived