IGNORED

Boro

GrahamC

6 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I thought Traore was their best player by a mile. Skill, strength, pace and a real desire to win. 

From their own forum. "I am now convinced that Traore is not a footballer, he is a sprinter and sometimes he finds a ball at his feet so he kicks it"

12 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I thought Traore was their best player by a mile. Skill, strength, pace and a real desire to win. 

Just lacked the quality of Palace’s Sahko with the ball at his feet, but reminded me if him.

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

Same here. Surprised with the praise they’re getting. 

Tactically, Monk got the game awfully wrong. They were playing an unbelievably high line, with a very slow back line. All we had to do (and were doing) was put the ball over the top for Reid to get onto. We did this virtually the whole first half and he didn’t change anything. Very poor. 

With their squad, they should be as good as/better than Wolves. Man for man they probably have the best players in every position in the league - bar maybe their CBs - but looked like a team that had just been promoted and couldn’t get used to the league. 

Bar Traore, none of their players stood out to me (you’d expect someone that used to be at Barca to stand out though) 

Think it was said pre-game that Monk likes his RB and CB high, and we did exploit that last night.  Gibson (highly rated) looked very ordinary and Fry (who i’m Told is an u21 international) looked worse imho.

Howson, who I really rate, and worried would be a threat, was non-existent.  Was really looking forward to seeing him pay, and almost forgot he was.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just lacked the quality of Palace’s Sahko with the ball at his feet, but reminded me if him.

Think it was said pre-game that Monk likes his RB and CB high, and we did exploit that last night.  Gibson (highly rated) looked very ordinary and Fry (who i’m Told is an u21 international) looked worse imho.

Howson, who I really rate, and worried would be a threat, was non-existent.  Was really looking forward to seeing him pay, and almost forgot he was.

I thought Fry was very poor, could easily have got a couple of yellow cards too for poor tackles

Howson was non-existent really, ran around a bit but never really affected the game

RE: Assombalonga, I feel he's a bit of a flat-track bully. Scores for fun against poor defences, not so great against good ones. The reason he's looked so great against us in the past is because we used to have such crap defences!

I should think other manager's dread playing us if they're on a bad run. Other teams fans seem to think they should be beating us disregarding the fact that we're in the top 6. Sunderland's manager Grayson was sacked as a result of losing to us and now Garry Monk is under threat, if they'd been playing one of the big clubs in the top 6 then it would be acceptable to them but not losing to 'little Bristol City'.

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

I should think other manager's dread playing us if they're on a bad run. Other teams fans seem to think they should be beating us disregarding the fact that we're in the top 6. Sunderland's manager Grayson was sacked as a result of losing to us and now Garry Monk is under threat, if they'd been playing one of the big clubs in the top 6 then it would be acceptable to them but not losing to 'little Bristol City'.

They don't like it when little old Bristol City don't just roll over and die for the big boys. 

42 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

If I was a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, I would be equally upset that getting a 2-2 draw at their place loses you your job too. 

On 03/12/2017 at 09:13, TinMan's left peg said:

I actually thought he was the most disappointing for them, I agree he has skill, pace and desire but his decision making was some of the worst I've ever seen and when it comes to football decision making is the main difference between becoming a great player and becoming a player who could have been great.

Archived