IGNORED

Sky Main Event Coverage

AndySnapper

I was unable to make the City v Boro game last night so instead took advantage of a Black Friday 2 months for 1 offer of a Sports Pass on Now TV I had purchased for December/January.

This was a new experience to me and I have to say that the match coverage was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Much higher calibre than the usual Radio Bristol offering (a league above at least). The comment was balanced and fair and the camera angles and information all really great.

Once the pass runs out I will only use the service on a day pass basis probably but I just wanted to share my good experience and pleasure at having some really decent coverage for a change.

Andy  :clap:

2 minutes ago, AndySnapper said:

I was unable to make the City v Boro game last night so instead took advantage of a Black Friday 2 months for 1 offer of a Sports Pass on Now TV I had purchased for December/January.

This was a new experience to me and I have to say that the match coverage was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Much higher calibre than the usual Radio Bristol offering (a league above at least). The comment was balanced and fair and the camera angles and information all really great.

Once the pass runs out I will only use the service on a day pass basis probably but I just wanted to share my good experience and pleasure at having some really decent coverage for a change.

The camera shot is too high though

2 minutes ago, AndySnapper said:

I buy a weeks pass about once a month depending on that weeks games. Obviously good value this week as we are on twice!  £7 for one day isnt great but £11 for a week is a good offer I think

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I buy a weeks pass about once a month depending on that weeks games. Obviously good value this week as we are on twice!  £7 for one day isnt great but £11 for a week is a good offer I think

It's £33 per month which I think is good value especially not having a contract. Also being able to share the account is handy! :whistle:

39 minutes ago, AndySnapper said:

Ditto for me too ... Four live City games plus all the rest of the sports stuff on offer for two months over Christmas and New Year...

Had our moneys worth already !!

( have a new LG TV to watch it all on too, using the tellys smart app via my virgin WiFi modem (haven't connected Now TV box yet) am very impressed by the now/sky picture when at its best but experiencing regular mini glitches and freezes of a few seconds at a time and annoying periods when picture quality drops significantly and is terrible before going good again... is this something to be expected with these services that others experience too  or hopefully a problem someone here has had and successfully remedied?   Will things be better when connected by NowTVbox rather that TV app? Do I need to somehow hard wire my modem to improve things instead of going with WIFI connection?..  as it is I love it when working properly but very frustrated with these intermittent drop outs and glitches... Hopefully someone will know what I'm describing and will be able to advise :fingerscrossed:)

Getting same probs with the 'Entertainment Pass' too ,  wonderful value for money content, can't believe how much you get for £8 a month but these bloody glitches are going to drive me round the bend.. please help. :sad26:

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ditto for me too ... Four live City games plus all the rest of the sports stuff on offer for two months over Christmas and New Year...

Had our moneys worth already !!

( have a new LG TV to watch it all on too, using the tellys smart app via my virgin WiFi modem (haven't connected Now TV box yet) am very impressed by the now/sky picture when at its best but experiencing regular mini glitches and freezes of a few seconds at a time and annoying periods when picture quality drops significantly and is terrible before going good again... is this something to be expected with these services that others experience too  or hopefully a problem someone here has had and successfully remedied?   Will things be better when connected by NowTVbox rather that TV app? Do I need to somehow hard wire my modem to improve things instead of going with WIFI connection?..  as it is I love it when working properly but very frustrated with these intermittent drop outs and glitches... Hopefully someone will know what I'm describing and will be able to advise :fingerscrossed:)

Getting same probs with the 'Entertainment Pass' too ,  wonderful value for money content, can't believe how much you get for £8 a month but these bloody glitches are going to drive me round the bend.. please help. :sad26:

It is ALWAYS better to connect using Ethernet cables from the TV/NowTV box to the router instead of going via the WiFi. WiFi connections can receive interference and drop data packets.

However having said that, It can also be the quality of your line. I get 60mb download speeds but still suffer the very occasional quality blip. I find I get the best picture using the NowTV Smart box rather than my other devices that I occasionally use such as the PS4 and the XboxOne. How fast is your internet?

As for "freezes" is it the TV app actually freezing or is it the picture just stops every now and again? If its the actual app itself then maybe the app on your LG TV has a few bugs. Why not try your NowTV box, does the same thing still happen? 

I have only occasionally used NowTV and have linked the laptop to the TV but the quality is not brilliant and the laptop fan goes mental. Having just looked at the cost of the NowTV boxes they seem reasonable. Is it worth getting one? I could ask Santa nicely :xmas:

The other thing I find is trying to get information on pass prices from the website difficult.  

Most places in the centre were full up so we had to settle for the Drawbridge, obviously they had to blare out the Man U game so couldn't hear the City coverage. Hearing three loud cheers for their goals was so painful, glad the club have managed to keep most of these idiots away for when we play them 

55 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

It is ALWAYS better to connect using Ethernet cables from the TV/NowTV box to the router instead of going via the WiFi. WiFi connections can receive interference and drop data packets.

However having said that, It can also be the quality of your line. I get 60mb download speeds but still suffer the very occasional quality blip. I find I get the best picture using the NowTV Smart box rather than my other devices that I occasionally use such as the PS4 and the XboxOne. How fast is your internet?

As for "freezes" is it the TV app actually freezing or is it the picture just stops every now and again? If its the actual app itself then maybe the app on your LG TV has a few bugs. Why not try your NowTV box, does the same thing still happen? 

Thanks will be setting box up later.. not sure what Mb speeds I'm getting , is lowest end of Virgin Broad Band service but believe its supposed to be pretty decent (so they told me...  gets free speed upgrades now and again too .. think its ok) 

Having some doubts about the 'smart' credentials of my new 2017 model LG TV tbh ... doesn't always handle the youtube app too well... and even when replaying pre recorded stuff from my Virgin TiVo box it sometimes plays up a bit too. maybe 'buggy' TV as you say, disappointing if so.

Anyway, thanks for reply, its given me some hope that things may improve via dedicated nowtv box :fingerscrossed:

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Just re-watched it.......why do they keep apologizing for"bad language you may have heard" ? 

Just let it go, I didn't hear anything.....it just highlights it more!:facepalm:

Exactly. So annoying. I'm more offended by the 'apology' than the f-ing swearing itself. If they were that concerned about it they could ask City's audio engineer wizards to sort the effects mikes placement and mixing.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well I was shocked by a City fan`s response to a perfectly reasonable request from his old man regarding which local club he should support.

My ol' man (subtitled= The let's see how many of those really naughty words we can fit in one song) song

Including the one women really dont care for much

Another clue... Wolves are this word in the plural

Just to say probs I was having (see above in previous posts) appear to have been resolved... was a WiFi issue, modem router has dual connections.. (2g & 5g available) was using 2g and getting probs... my son tried connecting with the 5g instead and :fingerscrossed: all good so far.. ..Delighted with it all now. (still haven't connected via box yet, awaiting cable ethernet cable)

Only have the Sky Sports pass (2mths for 1 offer) because of our live games this month, in future will buy individual weekly passes as and when required, £34 per month bit much to justify permanently for me. But have activated the 3mth Entertainment pass that came with the box.. (normal price £8 mth) and amazed at the value for money and amount of content included.. will definitely be keeping that one.. think its great. 

@CrazyInWeston thanks again :thumbsup: .

14 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just to say probs I was having (see above in previous posts) appear to have been resolved... was a WiFi issue, modem router has dual connections.. (2g & 5g available) was using 2g and getting probs... my son tried connecting with the 5g instead and :fingerscrossed: all good so far.. ..Delighted with it all now. (still haven't connected via box yet, awaiting cable ethernet cable)

Ah yes, I would have advised you to connect to the 5G connection if you had mentioned it. My Router has both signals too, does it automatically though, if the device you're using can handle a 5G WiFi signal it hops it over to that band automatically. My old Router had both too, but had to set the devices manually. 5G is much more capable, has better speeds and bandwidth (you need this) than the 2.4g but it doesnt reach quite as far as the 2.4g. I'd probably go as far to say you probably dont need the Ethernet anymore, but still, its good to hardwire.

On 03/12/2017 at 11:58, WhistleHappy said:

Thanks will be setting box up later.. not sure what Mb speeds I'm getting , is lowest end of Virgin Broad Band service but believe its supposed to be pretty decent (so they told me...  gets free speed upgrades now and again too .. think its ok) 

Having some doubts about the 'smart' credentials of my new 2017 model LG TV tbh ... doesn't always handle the youtube app too well... and even when replaying pre recorded stuff from my Virgin TiVo box it sometimes plays up a bit too. maybe 'buggy' TV as you say, disappointing if so.

Anyway, thanks for reply, its given me some hope that things may improve via dedicated nowtv box :fingerscrossed:

The glitches you are experiencing may be down to the speed of your broadband I imagine but also the type of Now TV box might be a factor. My setup is with the Now TV Smart box (the dearer one) and we have a Virgin Vivid 200 broadband connection which supplies consistently over 225 Mps download speed. I also have hardwired ethernet network to all my boxes only using 2.4/5 Ghz Wi-Fi for portable devices.

I'm not sure if the Now TV Smart box has a faster processor but I am sure others more technical than I, will know?

Really enjoyed watching the game with Sheffield United last night (eventually) and very balanced and fair commentary again by the presenters.

Andy

On 03/12/2017 at 09:50, AndySnapper said:

There are some who criticise Sky for ploughing so much money into the game claiming that so much cash has spoiled the game and refuse to sign up for that reason.

Im not one of those people. I've had Sky for years and their sports coverage is second to none. Football and cricket are particularly exceptional and well worth the cost - imo of course.

Archived