IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

15 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Contracts .... behave they sell tickets for the club let them have a ticket for the game if not tell them before they go on sale not after it’s sold out ... disgraceful treatment as always from bcfc .

They’re employees. Contracts are a legal necessity. If they get benefits in those contracts and the club isn’t holding up their side of the bargain they have every right to be disgruntled. But it sounds more like some informal arrangement that people have come to assume is some kind of entitlement. 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Again all comes down to what’s in their contracts and/or how the ‘free ticket’ benefit was described to them when they commenced their employment. 

If they’ve been led to believe that they had a guaranteed feee seat for every game and  only now they’re told that’s not the case, that’s one thing...if they've been told ‘feel free to watch the game if there’s any spare seats’ that’s another thing entirely. 

Context needed. 

Found this

JOIN THE COMMUNITY TRUST MATCHDAY DRAW TEAM

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH 2016

Bristol City Community Trust is providing Bristol City supporters with the perfect chance to engage in matchday opportunities at Ashton Gate through our constantly growing 50/50 Matchday Draw.

The Trust’s recently revamped 50/50 Matchday Draw is a popular scheme amongst supporters and now we are looking for new sellers to join our vibrant team.

The 50/50 Matchday Draw takes place at half-time at all first-team home fixtures, where tickets are sold to fans for as little as £1.

The draw gives supporters the opportunity to win up to an astounding £1,000 and there is always a piece of signed memorabilia for the runner-up.

The Trust are looking for new sellers aged 16 and over, and the ideal candidates will be confident, friendly, and have excellent communication skills.

The role requires candidates to work at Bristol City first-team home fixtures, selling tickets to fellow supporters. For Saturday matches (3pm kick-offs), sellers work 1-3pm, while evening fixtures (kick-off 7.45pm) sees sellers required from 5.45-7.45pm. Occasional half-time duties may also be required.

Remuneration includes a package of match ticket, a basic hourly rate and commission.

Candidates wishing to apply for one of the selling roles should contact Mike Lewis at communitytrust@bcfc.co.uk

If successful, all applicants MUST provide a copy of their passports, or birth certificate with photo ID along with a proof of address and national insurance number. If applicants are from outside the EU, a copy of your Visa must also be provided.

We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.

TAGS:

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

Found this

JOIN THE COMMUNITY TRUST MATCHDAY DRAW TEAM

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH 2016

Bristol City Community Trust is providing Bristol City supporters with the perfect chance to engage in matchday opportunities at Ashton Gate through our constantly growing 50/50 Matchday Draw.

The Trust’s recently revamped 50/50 Matchday Draw is a popular scheme amongst supporters and now we are looking for new sellers to join our vibrant team.

The 50/50 Matchday Draw takes place at half-time at all first-team home fixtures, where tickets are sold to fans for as little as £1.

The draw gives supporters the opportunity to win up to an astounding £1,000 and there is always a piece of signed memorabilia for the runner-up.

The Trust are looking for new sellers aged 16 and over, and the ideal candidates will be confident, friendly, and have excellent communication skills.

The role requires candidates to work at Bristol City first-team home fixtures, selling tickets to fellow supporters. For Saturday matches (3pm kick-offs), sellers work 1-3pm, while evening fixtures (kick-off 7.45pm) sees sellers required from 5.45-7.45pm. Occasional half-time duties may also be required.

Remuneration includes a package of match ticket, a basic hourly rate and commission.

Candidates wishing to apply for one of the selling roles should contact Mike Lewis at communitytrust@bcfc.co.uk

If successful, all applicants MUST provide a copy of their passports, or birth certificate with photo ID along with a proof of address and national insurance number. If applicants are from outside the EU, a copy of your Visa must also be provided.

We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.

TAGS:

If that’s the case then clearly it should be stated in their terms of employment - maybe there’s small print regarding sell out fixtures or only covering league games etc?

Sounds like they need to check their contracts and see what they say!

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If that’s the case then clearly it should be stated in their terms of employment - maybe there’s small print regarding sell out fixtures or only covering league games etc?

Sounds like they need to check their contracts and see what they say!

perhaps BCFC have just realised that they can't fulfil  their obligation of a match ticket because they've sold all the tickets…

When I sold half time draw tickets for a brief period back in the late 90s you got free entry to the game (normally missing the first 5 mins as at ko you'd have to take your money to the office behind the Williams), but it was pretty unofficial. You didn't receive a ticket, but as you were wearing the red waterproof thing they gave you, the stewards just let you through the gates. 

Given you only got 2 hours at minimum wage, the only reason you'd do the job was if you were planning on going to the game (or lived close by I guess), so I can understand sellers would be annoyed at this. Though admittedly when I was working there were about 10000 empty seats, so different times...

Over the last few years I have been to what can only be described, up until recently, as a building site, having had to walk there using my own legs and on several occasions the opposition team have won the match. Meanwhile the fat cat owner rubs our noses in it by splashing millions of their own pounds on footballers and big tellys. Typical disgraceful treatment from BCFC. It's not fair. Joke of a club.

You don't see the other lot being so vulgar as to spend money, and they're a family club with a Santa's grotto and everything.

(Nurse, my medication please)

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Perhaps, but without knowing the contractual arrangements, impossible to say!

What has contractual agreements got to do with it? What about common decency? What about loyalty to your “minimum wage” employees?Its a practice that has always been adhered to and should be accommodated for this game, will all the “suits” that work at the club be paying their ticket? Hopefully all these ticket/program sellers will not turn up on the night seeing as the main reason for doing the job is being denied to them and lets see how much that will cost them in lost revenue 

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Let's be fair here.

A ticket seller possibly makes a few quid 22 times a season hawking out publications that no one really wants, but they serve a purpose.

In exchange they get what probably equates to next to no money but free entry to games like Shrewsbury at home on a Tuesday night, and indeed Saturday games where seats are available.

It's hardly fair that (even with wages) they are denied the chance to watch 75 minutes of a cup tie that they grafted for when we played Plymouth and largely accepted we would lose, because, (after all), LJ was well out of his depth.

I would side favourably of gifting them tickets for this upcoming game.

I hope the club are able to accommodate them.

Where are they going to sit? Will you give up your seat?

9 hours ago, shelts said:

Nothing surprises me. It’s a big game for everyone connected to the club . I hope they get free entry as they always have done , it shouldn’t change just because a few glory hunters fancy a night out 

The game sold out to paying members. 

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

What has contractual agreements got to do with it? What about common decency? What about loyalty to your “minimum wage” employees?Its a practice that has always been adhered to and should be accommodated for this game, will all the “suits” that work at the club be paying their ticket? Hopefully all these ticket/program sellers will not turn up on the night seeing as the main reason for doing the job is being denied to them and lets see how much that will cost them in lost revenue 

I’m not arguing the moral side of things, I’m simply pointing out that without knowing the actual terms of this benefit and how it is communicated to these sellers, you’re not in a position to blast the club over it without knowing the actual facts. 

Like I said before there’s a big difference between ‘you are guaranteed a free ticket to every game’ and ‘you can sit in an empty seat if you can find one’. 

The internet is full of people jumping on their high horse before they’ve established any kind of facts. 

Dunno how many people are employed to perform the various roles mentioned, that are affected in this case due to lack of available 'spare seats' ...  surely only a couple of dozen at most.

Can't see the problem of allowing them to 'loiter' within the ground after performing their duties, a few seatless people scattered around the place would hardly be noticed.. among everyone else coming and going to toilets bars etc ... just let 'em stand around inconspicuously, loiter around by the vomitories etc..  done quietly with an 'unofficial blind eye' turned I'm sure those affected could be catered for (if they dont mind having to stand).. 

Shhussh, I wont tell anyone, if you don't.. mums the word, everyones happy!

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m not arguing the moral side of things, I’m simply pointing out that without knowing the actual terms of this benefit and how it is communicated to these sellers, you’re not in a position to blast the club over it without knowing the actual facts. 

Like I said before there’s a big difference between ‘you are guaranteed a free ticket to every game’ and ‘you can sit in an empty seat if you can find one’. 

The internet is full of people jumping on their high horse before they’ve established any kind of facts. 

I’ll tell you what, how about someone at the club taking these dozen or so ticket sellers aside and saying “ thanks for all the hard work you’ve done over many years for the club and as a sign of our gratitude we’ve put aside a few seats for you in the Atyeo”  Now, if we made some of the gormless stewards pay to watch the game i’d Be more than happy !!!

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’ll tell you what, how about someone at the club taking these dozen or so ticket sellers aside and saying “ thanks for all the hard work you’ve done over many years for the club and as a sign of our gratitude we’ve put aside a few seats for you in the Atyeo”  Now, if we made some of the gormless stewards pay to watch the game i’d Be more than happy !!!

That’s a lovely idea but why should ticket sellers be treated any differently to bar staff, toilet cleaners, ticket office staff, car park attendants, administrative staff etc etc? 

They're paid employees, not volunteers or slave labourers FFS. 

I’ve been going down for 20 years through thick and thin, should I get a free ticket for my efforts too? 

More to the point - given your stance, presumably then as a season ticket holder or member - the numbers of which outweigh the number of sellable tickets - you’d be happy if the club said “sorry, we’ve allocated your seat to a ticket seller” ?

Archived