IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s a lovely idea but why should ticket sellers be treated any differently to bar staff, toilet cleaners, ticket office staff, car park attendants, administrative staff etc etc? 

They're paid employees, not volunteers or slave labourers FFS. 

I’ve been going down for 20 years through thick and thin, should I get a free ticket for my efforts too? 

i work for the railway, I don't get free train travel

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i work for the railway, I don't get free train travel

Well you can blame the greedy and “all about profit” society we are living in for that, railway staff always got free travel. I’m still waiting to hear if Adam B has paid for his ticket or not?

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s a lovely idea but why should ticket sellers be treated any differently to bar staff, toilet cleaners, ticket office staff, car park attendants, administrative staff etc etc? 

They're paid employees, not volunteers or slave labourers FFS. 

I’ve been going down for 20 years through thick and thin, should I get a free ticket for my efforts too? 

More to the point - given your stance, presumably then as a season ticket holder or member - the numbers of which outweigh the number of sellable tickets - you’d be happy if the club said “sorry, we’ve allocated your seat to a ticket seller” ?

I guess it depends on the other staff expectations. It clearly states in the advert for the match day draw sellers that they would get a match ticket. If that has been honoured up to now and if that entitlement has been changed without notice then the club is surely in the wrong here.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I guess it depends on the other staff expectations. It clearly states in the advert for the match day draw sellers that they would get a match ticket. If that has been honoured up to now and if that entitlement has been changed without notice then the club is surely in the wrong here.

Presumably the full terms of that deal are communicated to them when they take up employment. For example it may only cover league games or may explicitly state that in the event of a sell out, they would need to purchase a ticket. 

Lots of assumptions being made but very little facts it would seem. 

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m a policeman. I do!

And McDonalds, and Krispie Kreames ( I’ve seen all you lot in there, Avonmeads regularly have about 10 police vehicles!) oh and free bus rides too*

*Wouldnt want your job as a swop though ;)

3 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Surely they would have asked what the deal was weeks ago... my daughter works in hospitality and asked right away ( and was told no) if staff got any priority in terms of booking tickets. 

Do hospitality staff normally get to watch the game ? 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Presumably the full terms of that deal are communicated to them when they take up employment. For example it may only cover league games or may explicitly state that in the event of a sell out, they would need to purchase a ticket. 

Lots of assumptions being made but very little facts it would seem. 

If that is the case why would there be an issue now? We've had sell outs last year, Birmingham, we had a big cup game against West Ham and there has been no mention of this being a problem for those games.

6 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Surely they would have asked what the deal was weeks ago... my daughter works in hospitality and asked right away ( and was told no) if staff got any priority in terms of booking tickets. 

Not sure if they would if they had been getting free entry for years (as stated in the job advert)

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

If that is the case why would there be an issue now? We've had sell outs last year, Birmingham, we had a big cup game against West Ham and there has been no mention of this being a problem for those games.

Not sure if they would if they had been getting free entry for years (as stated in the job advert)

At a guess there’s more of them who want to watch Man U than Birmingham. 

No, hospitality staff don’t get to watch the game ( as they’re working!!) but as almost everything about this match and ticketing has been different to the norm then surely it would make sense to check out the position we’ll before the final week of priorities... hospitality staff don’t work every shift so my daughter’s enquiry was about where she could have fitted into the priority tiers were she not to work- again, as everything has been significantly different for this match a fair question to ask and no problem with the response! I just feel, given the hype, the tiered priorities etc etc that were I expecting to get an “ empty” seat, I’d have checked this out in good time.... just in case!!

13 minutes ago, harrys said:

Aren’t the programme sellers working that day?

With respect the Head of Media position is a little more involved during the match than a programme sellers role. You think he needs to buy his match ticket, seriously?

10 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Seems to me the sellers in question have been given the option to buy a ticket for a sold out match, so it's a ticket that they might not otherwise have had access to. That's pretty good isn't it?

Its a fair point, but the issue is if the goal posts have been changed shouldn't they have been told this when the draw was made, or when the ticket details were published? They've been getting free entry for years as stated in the job advert. To be suddenly told this week that the free ticket promise would not be honoured that they need to find the money for a ticket in a matter of hours in the lead up to Christmas is a bit off imo. If they were told when the draw was made or when the ticket details were published 'sorry you cant have free entry to this game but you can pay for the ticket' then they at least could have prepared for it.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Its a fair point, but the issue is if the goal posts have been changed shouldn't they have been told this when the draw was made, or when the ticket details were published? They've been getting free entry for years as stated in the job advert. To be suddenly told this week that the free ticket promise would not be honoured that they need to find the money for a ticket in a matter of hours in the lead up to Christmas is a bit off imo. If they were told when the draw was made or when the ticket details were published 'sorry you cant have free entry to this game but you can pay for the ticket' then they at least could have prepared for it.

I think that would have been fair. Personally I would have made them Members with the 3+ history and lumped them in with that Priority. A few might have chosen to wait and see if they can find a seat but that would have been up to them, but they would have at least had the choice. I suppose that way though they could have purchased a ticket and still got in for free maybe.

20 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At a guess there’s more of them who want to watch Man U than Birmingham. 

Do you think they stand out in all weathers on minimum wage just for the money or do you think they are City fans who want to watch City play no matter who the opponents are?

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Do you think they stand out in all weathers on minimum wage just for the money or do you think they are City fans who want to watch City play no matter who the opponents are?

I really don’t know the reasoning for their chosen career - you’d have to ask them! My point is it’s probably not been an issue before because we’ve had very few true sell outs - even a ‘sold out’ game probably had a good couple of hundred seats put aside for club officials and their entourage etc etc. 

Given the opposition I would suggest that there really aren’t ‘spare’ seats on this occasion to be given out as free perks (obviously if their contract stipulates hat they WILL be given a free ticket for EVERY game then that’s another matter).

I would suggest it probably doesn’t, or doesn’t cover cup games possibly. I’m genuinely not that bothered anymore - I was only trying to point out that unless it’s stipulated in their terms then there really is no justification for a sense of entitlement to a free ticket just because they happen to work at the stadium. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, harrys said:

Well you can blame the greedy and “all about profit” society we are living in for that, railway staff always got free travel. I’m still waiting to hear if Adam B has paid for his ticket or not?

I believe if you work for an actual train provider EG GWR / Cross country you still get free travel for yourself / partner. I am guessing @Monkeh works in a different line?

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Big C said:

If they really wanted to watch each game wouldn't they buy a ticket?

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Why would they? The job is advertised has having a match ticket and up to now that has been honoured.

And as I’ve said repeatedly, we don’t seem to have any info on the actual terms of that benefit which presumably they’ve all signed up to? Do we even know it covers cup games? 

Archived