IGNORED

New Training Ground/Academy plans revealed.

Ashtonwurzel

Looks impressive! 

Isn’t it amazing how things can look if they are built properly and not just sticking a canopy up over some patio furniture!

At least now we won’t have to waste breathe explains to delusional Sags, how much better Ashton Gate is than their hovel. We can just highlight how much better our training ground is, than their hovel..! 

#MindTheGap

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And that gap just keeps on getting wider and wider BS3.

You say that, but apparently Wally is also building a new training ground for the fewers.

Plans, as yet, haven't been made public. I can only guess that Wally wanted to wait for us to show our hand so he can make sure their plans are better than ours.

I'm sure he is busy with MS Paint and finding some clip-art to make it dead good.

41 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Interesting, I was expecting it to move to Ashton Vale as stated in the report on the arena and said it would include an indoor pitch, I wonder if that’s still planned as it doesn’t state anything about an indoor pitch.

Bristol Rugby are developing a new training facility not far from Failand which will include an indoor/all weather pitch.

The suggestion was that some of the facilities could be shared 

Given its supposed to be for both first team and academy players and staff the main building doesn't look that big compared to some training grounds which are just academies. Don't get me wrong its great to see the club progressing and I'm sure the club know what they're doing. Wonder if all the pitches will be grass or whether there will be a 4g pitch in there. 

4 minutes ago, Gmac said:

Would imagine this is to compliment existing pitches we currently have? Seeing as it’s on the same site where currently there are no pitches. 

The design pictures don't really look like they'd match where our current pitches are, seems somewhat of an overhaul of the area.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

The design pictures don't really look like they'd match where our current pitches are, seems somewhat of an overhaul of the area.

Its on the plot of land next to our current facilities. I would imagine we will continue using the current facilities whilst the new facilities are being built next door

As it says, another statement by the Lansdown family. My god we are lucky. You often read how training facilities are nearly as important to transfer targets. I suppose that is their working environment. I assume full state of the art medical facilities, restaurant and analysis areas? Will there be a gym?

39 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

As it says, another statement by the Lansdown family. My god we are lucky. You often read how training facilities are nearly as important to transfer targets. I suppose that is their working environment. I assume full state of the art medical facilities, restaurant and analysis areas? Will there be a gym?

I don't think we're far off as it is in analysis regard, just the top teams are fancier with it. We've got a room with a projector and chairs, bigger teams have mini cinemas basically for delivering analysis. Otherwise you're talking an office with some computers, the only thing I could imagine being put in would be 4k IP Cameras. Pretty sure we've also already got a high standard gym? Remember something around a year ago about our gym facility being redone? Interesting will be what recovery stuff gets put in, will there be a mini pool for ice bath recovery or the mini cool chambers. Johnson will pretty much have free reign you'd imagine to request what he wants in terms of what goes into the training ground.  

Also as a side note I noticed no floodlights on any other pitches, if our academy is moving to the location too other pitches will need some floodlights as every age group won't be using that main pitch, perhaps some possibility of what I put above of us turning the current training pitches into academy pitches?

Archived