IGNORED

Where are they now?

wendyredredrobin

Was wondering where our top flight promotion team was doing now.

Ray Cashley?

Jon Shaw - last I heard working as a painter and decorator in Bristol.

Trevor Tainton - still in the Whitchurch area and probably retired?

Gerry Sweeney - Not sure what he did after coaching with City, but do know he is still local.

Donnie Gillies - Still in the area but no idea what he is up to.

Gary Collier?

Geoff Merrick -is he still running his construction firm?

Dave Rodgers?

Gerry Gow - RIP Gerry, your time came too soon.

Paul Cheesley - has been running pubs of late, but not sure what he's up to now.

Tom Ritchie - Still a postman in Portishead or retired?

Jimmy Mann?

Clive Whitehead. Last time Isaw him, he was living in the W. Mids and working for the PFA.

Alan Dicks - so far as I know, retired in Henleaze.

Apologies to anyone I've forgotten to mention.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

How times change - the current crop of footballers, if they manage their money right, could never have to work again.

Also didn't know Cheesley had a pub!

He had a few.........and a few pubs? 2 in knowle and 1 in pill to my knowledge. Before that, I think he worked as a bathroom salesman for a while. Always been and will be my hero.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He had a few.........and a few pubs? 2 in knowle and 1 in pill to my knowledge. Before that, I think he worked as a bathroom salesman for a while. Always been and will be my hero.

Wikipedia and the City website reckon he's landlord of The Knowle. 

11 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I thought Dave Rodgers was a Groundsman at Bristol Grammar School

Clifton College I think

Cheesley had the Baccy Jar in Whitchurch / Hartcliffe at one point.

I think Trevor Tainton has been quite ill....someone will confirm.

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I believe that he has left the knowle, but may be wrong.  I used to see a bit of him when he had the mariner in pill and thought he had the happy landings at one time.

Yes he left The Knowle a couple of years ago. Not sure what he's doing now.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Was wondering where our top flight promotion team was doing now.

Ray Cashley?  Still around Bristol and an occasional visitor to AG.

Jon Shaw - last I heard working as a painter and decorator in Bristol.

Trevor Tainton - still in the Whitchurch area and probably retired?

Gerry Sweeney - Not sure what he did after coaching with City, but do know he is still local. A regular visitor to AG. Used to cover matches for Reuters - not sure if he still does

Donnie Gillies - Still in the area but no idea what he is up to.

Gary Collier?  Living and coaching in California. Last here for the QPR game - first game of the 2007 / 08 season

Geoff Merrick -is he still running his construction firm? 

Dave Rodgers? Was teaching at QEH / BGS but retired a couple of years ago

Gerry Gow - RIP Gerry, your time came too soon.

Paul Cheesley - has been running pubs of late, but not sure what he's up to now. He's at every City game. Hosts in the Heineken Lounge and often brings some of his old mates along.

Tom Ritchie - Still a postman in Portishead or retired?

Jimmy Mann?

Clive Whitehead. Last time Isaw him, he was living in the W. Mids and working for the PFA. Is now a referees assessor covering Premier league and European games. Was guest in the Lnasdown restaurant recently

Alan Dicks - so far as I know, retired in Henleaze.

Apologies to anyone I've forgotten to mention.

Tom Ritchie used to deliver the mail to our house in Portishead.  I remember one time we had scaffolding outside our front door making it hard to reach the letterbox, so we tried to intercept him as he came up the path to make it easier.  

By the time we saw him through the front window and ran out the back door to the path, he had somehow clambered through the scaffolding (it was very tight) and was off to the next house.  True commitment.

1 minute ago, BobbyC said:

You forgot one of our own --Keith Fear.

He opened a sports shop at the top of Park St late 70's and more recently had a kidney transplant donated by his brother who then said that he was still a miserable bastard.

I always thought he was down the Fruit Market....but there again I left Bristol donkeys years ago

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

How times change - the current crop of footballers, if they manage their money right, could never have to work again.

Also didn't know Cheesley had a pub!

Could be wrong but have a feeling he started the three lions off back in mid 90s??

Great memories of Mike Gibson being our postman in Whitchurch in the 80s. Old Man (RIP) was a huge City fan and actually collared him on the doorstep one day for his autograph. He was more than pleased to sign and chat about the old days. 

Also as above, the Baccy Jar (as was) on Court Farm Rd in Whitchurch was definitely run in the mid/late 80s by Trevor Jacobs who's 2 boys (Mark and Lee) went to Wansdyke and then Hartcliffe. 

2 hours ago, BobbyC said:

You forgot one of our own --Keith Fear.

He opened a sports shop at the top of Park St late 70's and more recently had a kidney transplant donated by his brother who then said that he was still a miserable bastard.

Good old Keith, a Knowle Wester, his brother was Vivian who also played for City

Archived