IGNORED

Where are they now?

wendyredredrobin

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He had a few.........and a few pubs? 2 in knowle and 1 in pill to my knowledge. Before that, I think he worked as a bathroom salesman for a while. Always been and will be my hero.

Cheesley certainly ran the Knowle for quite a time but no other pub in Knowle

11 hours ago, DC Red said:

Tom Ritchie used to deliver the mail to our house in Portishead.  I remember one time we had scaffolding outside our front door making it hard to reach the letterbox, so we tried to intercept him as he came up the path to make it easier.  

By the time we saw him through the front window and ran out the back door to the path, he had somehow clambered through the scaffolding (it was very tight) and was off to the next house.  True commitment.

As he blasted your post into the top corner of your letter box . 

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The one thing I remember about Keith Fear is that he could have done with an extra 6 inches.  Wasn't a very tall bloke, but quite a player for his size.

You knew him THAT well? :shocking:

14 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

somethin' tells me Brian Drysdale went into the Painting and Decorating business...no idea why I think that.

He did something like that...working on the tools. I used to work as a QS, and he was one of the lads on the job when converting St Anne's Board mills. Very quiet man.

Like early doors youth stats it's possible Big Cheese's first landlord appearance was a very short academy tenure at the long defunct 'Withywood'.

If memory serves he lasted but a few weeks and left a nervous wreck post an incident that involved a firearm and a hole in the ceiling.

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The one thing I remember about Keith Fear is that he could have done with an extra 6 inches.  Wasn't a very tall bloke, but quite a player for his size.

Joking apart - he would have been an England player had he been a six footer.  I recall him chipping the keeper at Eastville in the early 70s.  Lovely skills.

10 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

Joking apart - he would have been an England player had he been a six footer.  I recall him chipping the keeper at Eastville in the early 70s.  Lovely skills.

Not sure about that , he was certainly skilful and could turn a game but he was rather inconsistent. That goal at Eastville was a cracker though.

18 hours ago, Red Bill said:

Les Bardsley treated my mother for a shoulder problem and my dad used to chat to him. He said that Fear could end up playing for England or Bath City, it was all down to his attitude. Unfortunately we all know which way it went.

On 13/12/2017 at 11:11, spudski said:

He did something like that...working on the tools. I used to work as a QS, and he was one of the lads on the job when converting St Anne's Board mills. Very quiet man.

He was a chippie at Rhodia chemical works in Avonmouth, when I worked there (apparently...never met him).

Mickey Tanner was there once as well.

Archived