Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wendyredredrobin

Where are they now?

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The one thing I remember about Keith Fear is that he could have done with an extra 6 inches.  Wasn't a very tall bloke, but quite a player for his size.

Joking apart - he would have been an England player had he been a six footer.  I recall him chipping the keeper at Eastville in the early 70s.  Lovely skills.

10 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

Joking apart - he would have been an England player had he been a six footer.  I recall him chipping the keeper at Eastville in the early 70s.  Lovely skills.

Not sure about that , he was certainly skilful and could turn a game but he was rather inconsistent. That goal at Eastville was a cracker though.

6 hours ago, cswhitlock said:

slightly later era but i remember meeting Howard Pritchard when he was a porter at frenchay hospital

Wasn`t Pritch a coach driver for a while and used to drive a CATS coach?

18 hours ago, Red Bill said:

Les Bardsley treated my mother for a shoulder problem and my dad used to chat to him. He said that Fear could end up playing for England or Bath City, it was all down to his attitude. Unfortunately we all know which way it went.

On 13/12/2017 at 11:11, spudski said:

He did something like that...working on the tools. I used to work as a QS, and he was one of the lads on the job when converting St Anne's Board mills. Very quiet man.

He was a chippie at Rhodia chemical works in Avonmouth, when I worked there (apparently...never met him).

Mickey Tanner was there once as well.

Does anyone know how Chris Garland is? He was always one of my favourite players. Always remember that goal against Liverpool at the Gate the first season back in the old first division. I believe he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.