IGNORED

January Transfer Window....

redredrobin5

sorry if its been discussed elsewhere, which 'm sure it has, but anyway!! I don't often post on here, but always read certain posts and i don't get down to Ashton Gate every week because i'm what you lot call an "egg chaser" coach, but i always watch for the result.

With the club on such a good run, what players if any do we bring in to strengthen without upsetting the dressing room....ie not a seemingly Lee Tomlin character.

Would be good for Lansdown to splash the cash, but for me its ensuring the player is a character that'll buy into the morale at the club at the minute, which is obviously sky high.

Keep up the good work Lee and team, always glad to see him retained after last year and silence his doubters.

COYR

59 minutes ago, redredrobin5 said:

With the club on such a good run, what players if any do we bring in to strengthen without upsetting the dressing room....ie not a seemingly Lee Tomlin character.

Would be good for Lansdown to splash the cash, but for me its ensuring the player is a character that'll buy into the morale at the club at the minute, which is obviously sky high.

"Having the right DNA" is corporate speak that we hear from Mark Ashton when he talks about new signings and he's had the piss taken out of him on here because of it but essentially he means  thaT any player has to to buy and fit into the squad. 

No 'bad apples' in other words. Pretty much common sense.

As for SL "splashing the cash" that will depend on what LJ asks for. Many posters on here think City need a creative midfielder to strengthen the team but pretty much every other Championship will be after that type of player so the fee will be high with several competitors.

Assuming LJ agrees that the squad need one of course and tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see very little movement in or out in January.

I don’t mean this aimed at the OP, because I know it’s a question and not a demand, so please don’t take this personally..!

But am I the only one who feels like :grr: when people who don’t go to games regularly and actually support the club financially start saying that SL should “splash the cash” or insist that we should sign certain players..? 

I have every faith in Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson knowing who we will be signing in January already.  They don't tend to do things by accident, it appears that its all very planned out months in advance with all scenarios covered.  Or they've fooled me and it's chucked together on the fly! 

It’s planned, but the players on their lists are at different stages of availability, and also there are other clubs out there courting them too. 

I think it is important that we maintain momentum and position do we are as attractive as possible in this window. We have an advantage over clubs on the periphery of the POs in that we are third. We are not chasing players in hope that we can make up the gap. 

I agree with LJ that we don’t need much, assuming fitness of those currently injured. The likes of Kelly are likely to miss out on loan experience because we need cover due to the restrictions of the loan system. 

Archived