IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I heard him saying something on radio Bristol about the shortlist becoming smaller because certain players that were on the shortlist don't have the right character, and that we have to stick with our philosophy. That sounds like there might be some players that have been taken off the shortlist because they have failed the psychological evaluation part of whether they are right for the club. I'm sure I read somewhere, might have been on everton forum, that Walsh had fallen out with people at everton. If true then i wonder whether Johnson would not want him here. 

walsh plus a.n.other definitely signing jan...........

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I heard him saying something on radio Bristol about the shortlist becoming smaller because certain players that were on the shortlist don't have the right character, and that we have to stick with our philosophy. That sounds like there might be some players that have been taken off the shortlist because they have failed the psychological evaluation part of whether they are right for the club. I'm sure I read somewhere, might have been on everton forum, that Walsh had fallen out with people at everton. If true then i wonder whether Johnson would not want him here. 

If he fell out at Everton because he was hungry to play but the pathway was closed then no problemo.

All about context I'd say....

13 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

If We Are definitely signing the lad why dont we do a Liverpool and anounce the signing now. . 

Weird that one, spunked their wad too early.

Can only assume it's to sell more replica shirts in the post-Christmas sales.

I saw Liam Walsh for half a season on loan at Yeovil Town. What a great little player, he was head and shoulders above everyone else in his ability, he's a little dynamo, Yeovil tried to get him back but Darren Ways contact at Everton was Martinez and of course he has long gone. He would be a perfect fit for our short, quick passing, energetic midfield. I am surprised he hasn't got nearer Everton's first team by now. I do hope he signs permenantly, he would be an ideal addition and first team ready. As another poster pointed out Darren Way has already spoken about taking him on loan from us when he is signed. Here's hoping it comes off. 

1 hour ago, mikeymm55 said:

I saw Liam Walsh for half a season on loan at Yeovil Town. What a great little player, he was head and shoulders above everyone else in his ability, he's a little dynamo, Yeovil tried to get him back but Darren Ways contact at Everton was Martinez and of course he has long gone. He would be a perfect fit for our short, quick passing, energetic midfield. I am surprised he hasn't got nearer Everton's first team by now. I do hope he signs permenantly, he would be an ideal addition and first team ready. As another poster pointed out Darren Way has already spoken about taking him on loan from us when he is signed. Here's hoping it comes off. 

Why would we loan him out straight away?

On 12/27/2017 at 20:59, ZiderEyed said:

Weird that one, spunked their wad too early.

Can only assume it's to sell more replica shirts in the post-Christmas sales.

A bit like Barca then?

Barcelona kit manufacturers Nike advertised the club's shirts with Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho's name on the back.

Coutinho was the subject of failed bids by Barcelona in the summer and has been linked with joining them in January.

A listing, which has since been deleted, on the Nike website read: "Philippe Coutinho is ready to light up Camp Nou."

The Brazilian, 25, is sponsored by Nike and wears their boots.

Perhaps this is the reason that Liverpool got in early for VD.

barca.jpg

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

A bit like Barca then?

Barcelona kit manufacturers Nike advertised the club's shirts with Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho's name on the back.

Coutinho was the subject of failed bids by Barcelona in the summer and has been linked with joining them in January.

A listing, which has since been deleted, on the Nike website read: "Philippe Coutinho is ready to light up Camp Nou."

The Brazilian, 25, is sponsored by Nike and wears their boots.

Perhaps this is the reason that Liverpool got in early for VD.

barca.jpg

Hahahaha the bare faced arrogance of that from Nike. Wow.

Would explain them chucking the money at VVD like you say though.

Archived