IGNORED

Warning : Manchester on Wed - Road Closure

Nomad

Ashton Road will be closed from 17.30 until 23.00 on Wednesday. I assume it's until 23.00 just in case M Utd manage to take us to penalties before losing to the mighty City. From the signs I have seen it looks like the closure will only be from the junction with Duckmoor Road to Winterstoke Road.

29 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ashton Road will be closed from 17.30 until 23.00 on Wednesday. I assume it's until 23.00 just in case M Utd manage to take us to penalties before losing to the mighty City. From the signs I have seen it looks like the closure will only be from the junction with Duckmoor Road to Winterstoke Road.

So does that include Marsh Road. as Ashton Road ends outside the toilets, then it's Marsh Road leading to Winterstoke Road,

1 minute ago, redmycolour said:

So does that include Marsh Road. as Ashton Road ends outside the toilets, then it's Marsh Road leading to Winterstoke Road,

Not sure, I guess Marsh Road could be open to give access to Bower Ashton Terrace. I'll take a look tomorrow unless someone else passes before and updates......

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nomad said:

15 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Nearly always closed off after games,so the crowd can exit the stadium quicker,with a sell out crowd it makes sense ,well to me at least.

Nothing really out of the ordinary here, as mentioned the road is always closed after the game. But the police have taken a sensible approach to close the road before the game too

15 hours ago, italian dave said:

I think the timing is deliberate, and entirely to do with the match. Not a random closure for repairs etc! 

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Stand corrected then.

They're correcting a stand ?  why then? ... ffs what a time to do that,.... What's wrong with it anyway? Has the Dolman started 'rocking' again or something?  

Or perhaps the road  is shut so that demolition of the houses on Ashton Rd can commence, and they're repositioning the Atyeo?   

Either way timing is bizarre :dunno:  stand corrected on match day, crazy thing.

18 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Nearly always closed off after games,so the crowd can exit the stadium quicker,with a sell out crowd it makes sense ,well to me at least.

Yep, we park in the Club car park and have to wait for most pedestrians to have cleared before we are let out.  Ashton Road is closed until such time.  They usually state that the raid is also closed 15 minutes before kickoff, but never seen it enforced.  1730 is a bit (stupidly) early....and I’ve received no notification from the club.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, we park in the Club car park and have to wait for most pedestrians to have cleared before we are let out.  Ashton Road is closed until such time.  They usually state that the raid is also closed 15 minutes before kickoff, but never seen it enforced.  1730 is a bit (stupidly) early....and I’ve received no notification from the club.

They`ll have someone checking passes and letting you through if you`ve got one - at 5:30 even the players won`t be there.

Archived