IGNORED

Magnússon

ZiderEyed

Good game from him tonight. Really growing into the role with regular football.

Felt at the time perhaps he was partly at fault for De Bruyne’s goal by not sticking to Sterling which enabled the 1-2. Yet to watch it back so might be wrong.

Overall though really impressed with him recently and his throws are always such a threat. Just need Djuric back to get on the end of them!

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good game from him tonight. Really growing into the role with regular football.

Felt at the time perhaps he was partly at fault for De Bruyne’s goal by not sticking to Sterling which enabled the 1-2. Yet to watch it back so might be wrong.

Overall though really impressed with him recently and his throws are always such a threat. Just need Djuric back to get on the end of them!

Yeah he got sucked in there leaving Sterling free to play the 1-2, but great game from him tonight.

Not sucked in imho, trying to mitigate the risk of KDB advancing.  You have to do something.  A well worked goal, not any defenders fault.

If you really want to find anyone to blame, look at Pack when the ball goes to Bravo...he goes to press by going forward and right. Had he held his ground, or even gone left , then he would’ve been closer to KDB.

Not his fault either.  You could say, the press trigger wasn’t quite set, because we were slightly out of shape.

Sometimes, let’s just accept a quality goal on the break by a world class team, without having to blame someone.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Not sucked in imho, trying to mitigate the risk of KDB advancing.  You have to do something.  A well worked goal, not any defenders fault.

If you really want to find anyone to blame, look at Pack when the ball goes to Bravo...he goes to press by going forward and right. Had he held his ground, or even gone left , then he would’ve been closer to KDB.

Not his fault either.  You could say, the press trigger wasn’t quite set, because we were slightly out of shape.

Sometimes, let’s just accept a quality goal on the break by a world class team, without having to blame someone.

Good points. Left the room to get another drink after they scored so didn’t see the replay!

Have seen it now and agree with you. Difficult one for the defender in that situation. De Bruyne is just brilliant. We did well to contain him pretty well.

Every goal is a mistake of done kind.  If Mags had stayed on Sterling, and KDB drives further forward and bangs one past FF from 20 yards, Mags gets blamed by some for not coming more central.  We got caught on the break, they had the overload, and they finished it.

Far more experienced defenders than Mags have been torn to shreds by Sterling ( and the other Man City stars) but I thought he acquitted himself well. Bailey on the other side had a similar struggle with Sane but as has been the case for much of this season it was the way the back 4 played as a unit that kept us in the game.

9 hours ago, BA12RED said:

Has been outstanding recently but for me was far from a stand out player tonight. Not a bad performance by any means but having also watched it back I feel he was partly to blame for the De Bruyne goal.

Not his biggest fan but not sure I would blame him for the goal, the problem was KDB was given far too much space. Get away with it most times at Championship level.

Amazing how some people see games.

Hodour was brilliant last night and in keeping tight to his opponents pretty much nullified their right side ( variously Sterling or Sane neither of whom are slouches.) Contrast Bryan who still stood too far off when defending. Taking Hodour off was a mistake, though seemed a tad pre-determined a la recent games.

Those blaming him for their first I guess must only have been watching the highlights.  Had their eyes been 70 yards up the park they might have spotted we stupidly overcommitted upfront with 5, possibly 6, in front of the ball when lost. Pack (central and the culprit if blame us to be apportioned, which I don't think necessary) and at least one other should have had the experience to have held back but with no striker on the park our only attacking option has to come through the midfield and this time, as a unit, they got it wrong. Once the ball was lost two class acts tore us apart.

On 17/12/2017 at 05:22, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone else think he had a really good game tonight? Well done Hörður.

From what I saw I thought he did a good job, I think the more gametime he gets the more his confidence will grow. It's becoming a tougher group to break into these days, has to be a good thing.

17 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Those blaming him for their first I guess must only have been watching the highlights.  Had their eyes been 70 yards up the park they might have spotted we stupidly overcommitted upfront with 5, possibly 6, in front of the ball when lost. Pack (central and the culprit if blame us to be apportioned, which I don't think necessary) and at least one other should have had the experience to have held back but with no striker on the park our only attacking option has to come through the midfield and this time, as a unit, they got it wrong. Once the ball was lost two class acts tore us apart.

This bit is absolutely spot on. We did the same against Wolves and it cost us there too.

Archived