IGNORED

How are the roads in Bristol area gonna cope on Wednesday night?

Never to the dark side

58 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The trouble is we don`t actually get 20k crowds with the ST holders who miss various games for whatever reason. Yesterday there were many empty seats everywhere in the ground and I would think the actual number there was about 17 - 18k.

The difference on Wednesday is that everyone who has a ticket will be there.

I really doubt there were 2-3k missing season ticket holders yesterday. More likely to be in the hundreds than the thousands, I suspect. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Busy time of year. Even SC card holders have to miss the odd game.  I've not missed one so far, but am sure that I may have to at some point due to other commitments or a bad bug or something.

I doubt that many will be missing on Wednesday.

That`s my point. Even Birmingham last season wasn`t a full house - a sell out yes but not a full house. On Wednesday we will have our first genuine full house as everyone who has a ticket will be there.

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s my point. Even Birmingham last season wasn`t a full house - a sell out yes but not a full house. On Wednesday we will have our first genuine full house as everyone who has a ticket will be there.

Strictly speaking it won'tbe as there's segregation in the Atyeo... 

2 hours ago, Eastend said:

Can anyone confirm If extra trains are being put on after the game from Parson street? I’ve heard there are additional trains, but I havnt seen confirmation.

There are extra trains after the game

To Bristol Temple Meads got extra trains at 2239 and 2308

To Weston super mare normal trains at 2201 and 2315 plus an extra train at 2343

Also see they are laying on a rail replacenent bus to Weston at 2248 but as its all stations gets to Weston after the 2315 train so not much point, guess they had no extra train to work this service,

I'm getting the train from London, instead of driving. I don't want to risk not getting a parking space. Hanging around Cabot Circus/Arnolfini for the afternoon and down to BS3 for about 5pm. In the H&C or somewhere else for some food, then down to the ground.

I'm worried I might forget my way from North St…or something…don't want to miss a moment :shocking: :city:

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm getting the train from London, instead of driving. I don't want to risk not getting a parking space. Hanging around Cabot Circus/Arnolfini for the afternoon and down to BS3 for about 5pm. In the H&C or somewhere else for some food, then down to the ground.

I'm worried I might forget my way from North St…or something…don't want to miss a moment :shocking: :city:

Don`t worry mate. I expect there`ll be one or two heading the same way and you can tag along behind so you don`t get lost.

• Admin
7 hours ago, spudski said:

It's not the amount of cars on the road that's the problem...it's the continual procession of public on foot, crossing roads, either on zebra crossings, like the four around St Mary Redcliffe roundabout ( which is absolutely mental ) and traffic lights for said public crossings.

If we still had public footpath bridges, and use of subways, we wouldn't have the traffic congestion we have.

A very simple solution that the Councils in Bristol and around the rest of the Country have screwed up.

It’s unbelievable, I see now that the council are spending our hard pressed taxes on a pedestrian crossing across Hengrove way, near the Cater road roundabout...... it’s almost directly under a pedestrian footbridge, which has steps and ramp access.  Surely H&S would say the safest thing is to separate pedestrians and traffic, I mean, if we can’t have the bloody lights out for a night game, but it’s acceptable to increase risk on the roads!!

32 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

JustPark is the best solution to the worry about not getting a space. Your space is reserved, waiting for you and generally no more than the cricket club etc. (apologies if you’ve seen this before and are sick of people like me banging on about it!)

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

JustPark is the best solution to the worry about not getting a space. Your space is reserved, waiting for you and generally no more than the cricket club etc. (apologies if you’ve seen this before and are sick of people like me banging on about it!)

thanks for the info. Only once have I had a problem parking and that was Fulham last season. I drove from Shirehampton and it took so long that I missed the first goal… never again.

4 hours ago, OutstandingMixer said:

I really doubt there were 2-3k missing season ticket holders yesterday. More likely to be in the hundreds than the thousands, I suspect. 

I doubt attendance is counted on tickets sold, 

goes by number off people that went through turnstiles I reckon.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You sure Swindon will let you out...they’ll be there with their pitchforks baying for your blood 

Oddly the locals aren't getting in my face too much lately. Even the enthusiastic ones back off when I mention their home form. Tis strange I tell thee. I must admit it's been like Children of the Corn in previous years. 

Archived