IGNORED

Scam parking tickets at Forest match?

ciderage

58 minutes ago, ciderage said:

They have part of the reg no wrong, so that may be another give away that it's a scam.

Scan.jpeg

If they haven't specified the vehicle correctly you may have strong grounds for they haven't notified you of a charge in any case. 

Note the bottom paragraph - the registered keeper of the above vehicle is liable to pay all costs. Ta very much Baltic Wharf - that's not me! 

I'm hoping there's no photo evidence to back it up. I'll take a few pics on Weds evening, as i walk passed from a new parking space, because there is no obvious signage about charges. And if that has changed they have done it on the sly by hiding signs away from where my car was.

3 minutes ago, ciderage said:

I'm hoping there's no photo evidence to back it up. I'll take a few pics on Weds evening, as i walk passed from a new parking space, because there is no obvious signage about charges. And if that has changed they have done it on the sly by hiding signs away from where my car was.

It`s going to come down probably to how much of a nuisance you want to be. If you stick with it and keep banging on about the ticket having the wrong number on it and how it`s not enforceable I suspect they will eventually give up. It`s whether your time is worth £45 I suppose.

The advice given to me is ignore the ticket and reminders until you get notification of a court date which in most cases you never do.

Of course check and photograph the signage.

There are a few sites on the web that will give you general information on how to deal with these. Google is your friend.

Never ignore tickets from the local authority though.

29 minutes ago, ciderage said:

It's of course your own piece of mind and worth considering what 45 quid is worth to you against that. If you have the time and inclination visit citizens advice with that notice, they can give you unequivocal advice which no-one on a forum should. 

If it went against you the very least I would in your shoes argue is that the 7 Day period for £45 payment only starts from when they've corrected their mistake. 

When you look at the sign pay close attention to if it states within what timeframe they have to notify you of the offence. If they do not correct the notice within that date for the right registration (if any is stated) I would politely explain that as the reason their notice is unenforceable. When I got caught they similarly made a cock up, I waited, got written to and told them the contract we had was based upon the terms of their sign, they didn't notify me correctly within those terms in time so they have waived their right to claim for breach of contract. I never heard back. 

It’s all a bit Mickey Mouse if they don’t have any information on the notice that shows they’re an ‘approved’ parking company. You can’t obtain registration details from DVLA if you’re not approved by IPC or BPA.

From DVLA: “Private car parking management companies that give out parking tickets or trespass charge notices can only request information from DVLA if they’re members of the British Parking Association or the International Parking Community.

See here: https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

Here are the list of approved parking companies that can ‘attempt’ to pursue you for money which they’re not entitled to take off you. It’s a invoice and they need to know the driver at the time.

https://theipc.info/aos-members

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

They have to have clear signage with full terms etc. Plus they have the wrong reg number. Feel free to call and ask if they have any photos and what Code of Practice they’re with. If not able to verify, they can sling it as they can’t follow up with anything as it’s essentially the wrong vehicle. 

Worth signing up and discussing it on this very helpful and informative forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I certainly wouldn’t be paying them if they’re not even able to do anything about it.

It’s as much worth as me writing to you saying you owe me £5 for every time I have a piss.

Generally don’t all these private parking notices get sent through the post? 

Personally I have never heard before of a piece of A4 being whacked on someone’s windscreen...

That said, have you parked on the road or within a resident parking bay section?

All I'll say is be careful where you take your advice (social media is full of barrack room lawyers). Get it wrong and it's you who pays.

Take a look here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-parking-ticket/

Last paragraph (as described by some of the other posters).

It appears that if Baltic aren't members of ATA, they are relying on you to identify yourself to them (a case of don't tell'em Pike). If they 'somehow' manage to identify you, then you should ask them how they managed to identify you but probably best off paying the fine (in my view) - if you don't get a satisfactory answer from them about identifying you, tell them you like to do a Subject Access Request and make a complaint to the ICO.

If you decide to take your chances, keep us posted just so that people learn from fellow reds.

I can’t say for certain whether this ticket is genuine, but I know from a friend of mine who has a parking space on Canada Way that the residents have been having trouble with an over-zealous parking management company, but he told me a couple of weeks ago that he thought it had all been sorted.  I parked in his space on Saturday and didn’t get a ticket.

As previous, check the signage including registrations and appeals process.

It is a legit company ( address is that of the estate manager/ company secretary.) If they've clearly stated and displayed reasons (scope and timings) not to park on private land and you've contravened then if they bother to take you to Court you could end up with a bill far greater than the discounted sum offered ( that's why discounts are offered, so as to avoid them the expensive risk of litigation.)

Yes, if they have due cause ( parking on private property is such due cause)  they may obtain details of the registered owner via DVLA.

If the notice is incorrectly served they may have trouble enforcing. But as the notice was stuck to your vehicle and via this forum you've shared you received it, you may have problems in that respect.  This is a civil prosecution not statutory notice so different rules apply.

11 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sounds like it could be a ..

Robin 'neighbour' Hood to me,  takes from the rich, gives to the poor.....Robin Hood,  Robin Hood,  Robin 'neighbour' Hood.

Where's The Sheriff when you need him?  

Shouldn't that be takes from the poor and gives to the rich if it's Baltic Wharf?

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Private car parking management companies that give out parking tickets or trespass charge notices can only request information from DVLA if they’re members of the British Parking Association or the International Parking Community.

NB: in this case it isn't a private car parking management company, so they may indeed request who the registered owner is if parked on their estate's private property.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

NB: in this case it isn't a private car parking management company, so they may indeed request who the registered owner is if parked on their estate's private property.

But if they have the wrong registration number (as was mentioned earlier in the thread), surely it makes it impossible to get the correct address / details? So it’s impossible to resume with the case?

9 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

But if they have the wrong registration number (as was mentioned earlier in the thread), surely it makes it impossible to get the correct address / details? So it’s impossible to resume with the case?

I suspect they operate like most parking schemes these days and will have taken an image of the offence as evidence (else one could simply deny being parked at that time.) If they have, it's easy to obtain the registered owner. Although the registration number may be wrong on the notice that's easily remedied (it's a civil charge not a statutory penalty) and whilst incorrect notification may alter the terms of the charge (discount period et al) it wouldn't ultimately change the fact should the car be evidenced as having been parked in breach of the landowner's consents, provided the correct details appear in the claim itself. Lack of clear signage outlining consents and restrictions (if that was the case here) is the best defence.

Ok I have been here before and laughed at them.....A private company can request from the DVLA your name and address and then send you a letter like the above and asking for a reduced payment. You phone them up and tell them you are the registered keeper and they have sent you a parking fine, they ask you for your bank details which you then say No i'm not paying as I was not the driver who parked the car and they ask you who was to which you reply that it's not up to you to incriminate anybody, so it's then up to them to prove who was driving...They sent a picture of me through the post with another threatening letter to which I replied that it was not me and will see my solicitor if you don't stop harassing me and I never heard another thing. I t worked for me

Archived