IGNORED

Barnsley now in the hands of Chinese Billionaires

MC RISK77

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just seen on SSN, takeover complete.

strange one this one, Barnsley are as unfashionable as it gets so wondering what a Chinese billionaire sees in taking over a lower league championship side. 

Then again Rovers did get taken over by the richest family in football I guess.

(Not suggesting this is the case her of course) but

Strong suggestions that there is a large degree of money laundering through English Football Clubs at present time

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

strange one this one, Barnsley are as unfashionable as it gets so wondering what a Chinese billionaire sees in taking over a lower league championship side. 

Then again Rovers did get taken over by the richest family in football I guess.

How sure are they that they are genuinely "billionaires"? We all know how that can be a very loose term. It might be a Billion Yuan which would reduce it to a 10th of a Billion. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

The Chinese billionaire was linked with taking over 50% of Brentford back in April, which must have fallen through, but it implies that it's a case of just wanting to have a club in England; Brentford fell through so he went ah, Barnsley will do.

Poor Gasheads, it could have been them 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Not suggesting this is the case her of course) but

Strong suggestions that there is a large degree of money laundering through English Football Clubs at present time

The only laundering up the mem is the curtains. 

Barnsley, Brentford. Thank goodness that one of these decided to accept an offer before they reached us in the alphabet. 

Agree with others, strange choice. 

Rovers would still make a lot more sense. Smaller undervalued club, very much in the shadow of the more successful and better looking team across the city. Doing well in the league after being non league despite their ground remaining non league. 

Actually. On reflection, Barnsley’s a much better choice. 

57 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

English clubs are bought up by wealthy middle-eastern and far eastern businessmen as status symbols and strategic business footholds in the west. 99% of the time they have no interest in a specific club, it's just what happens to be available and affordable to them at the time. When you consider what the Russians at Bournemouth have done with them then there is no reason the same couldn't be achieved at Barnsley, a club that has already played in the Premier League after all. 

The way I feel about this highlights why we're so lucky to have SL. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese investors came in spending big and are a huge success, but equally, I wouldn't be surprised if they really screwed things up made bizarre signings and a deep lack of understanding. 

With SL you know the club are his main concern, he may not always get things spot on and he may not go for bust. But slowly but surely we move forward, he improves the infrastructure and keeps us financially secure and safe. Wouldn't trade that for any level of investment. If I was a Barnsley fan I's be excited right now but also pretty nervous.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How sure are they that they are genuinely "billionaires"? We all know how that can be a very loose term. It might be a Billion Yuan which would reduce it to a 10th of a Billion. 

How can they be billionaires when China is communist and everyone is supposed to be equal?

does that mean every Chinese person is a billionaire?

Archived