IGNORED

An Omen.....

Maesknoll Red

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Gilzean headed in from a corner and Skirton replied for us I think!!!

Spurs that confident they didn't even name a sub!!!!!

Gilzean was such a subtle player and a skilled header of the ball too. Overshadowed by bigger names but one of my favourite players from that era.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Gilzean was such a subtle player and a skilled header of the ball too. Overshadowed by bigger names but one of my favourite players from that era.

Yes and Skirton was my favourite City player as a youngster. 

3 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Nice one, Cyril.

Talking of things you don't hear of in football anymore, Cyril Knowles had a brother Peter who was a good player but voluntarily gave up playing when he became a Jehovahs Witness. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes and Skirton was my favourite City player as a youngster. 

Talking of things you don't hear of in football anymore, Cyril Knowles had a brother Peter who was a good player but voluntarily gave up playing when he became a Jehovahs Witness. 

Skirton had a powerful shot and was a good header of the ball too. Not an orthodox winger for sure!

Peter Knowles was a quality midfielder but must have the record for the oddest retirement.

On 12/19/2017 at 19:01, wendyredredrobin said:

That was the first big game against a too team with a full house I ever went to.  I remember treasuring that programme to.

We drew the game 1 - 1 and lost the second leg if memory serves me correctly.

I was only a kid and my Dad had to work, so it was also the first game I went to on my own.

It was my third ever game

The first was a 0-0 against Birmingham, the second I think was against Leicester City (Shilts was in goal). We won that 1 or 2 nil

Thats an amazing piece of memorabilia BBR - cheers

Archived