IGNORED

Pack v pogba.

redfieldred

3 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Everyone thought this would be a mismatch. Anything but. Pogba got forced deeper and deeper by marlon, who pinched the ball off him several times and gave a worldly reverse pass for joes goal

and a millisecond later and Pack wouldn't have had to mark him at all. Well spent 75k

Job well done Pack, I am sure he put that ball through to Bryan... tis all a bit of a blur

28 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

That pass was sublime.

Pogba could not handle him and if his stud high challenge catches Pack, he's walking.

Well done Marlon. Much improved over the last few games. But played very very well tonight.

That pass was unbelievable. I’ve watched that about a dozen time now!

10 minutes ago, redrob said:

To be fair...... Pack was three yards off Pogba for most of the game. Pack was by a long stretch our weakest player.... followed by Magnússon.

However, take nothing away from our boys....... what a night!

This must be a wind up. Our weakest player by some distance stopped a world class midfielder from playing and did the pass of the match. What utter tripe some people talk

18 minutes ago, redrob said:

To be fair...... Pack was three yards off Pogba for most of the game. Pack was by a long stretch our weakest player.... followed by Magnússon.

However, take nothing away from our boys....... what a night!

Guessing you watched it on the radio

8 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Easily his best performance in a City shirt, coming after his second best performance v Florist. I love Packy.

Funny with marlon. The better the player he is up against the better he plays. He was superb against mooy v Huddersfield as well. It's like he relishes the challenge. David silva next ! Hmmm. Well actually Luke freeman

17 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pack was excellent tonight, in fact Pogba was lucky to still be on the field, he should have been booked for the first foul, the referee missed a studs up mis tackle on Pack in the first half, could have been booked twice in the 2nd half and all because Pack was frustrating him all night.

@Harry, I always give credit where it is due and Pogba will not have many more difficult games than that, one of my criticisms of Pack has been at times his lack of discipline by not sticking to the task set for him and being caught hopelessly out of position, however against Middlesborough he proved that when he does concentrate he is a formidable player and he carried that into last nights performance, to be fair since Hull away he has been disciplined and performing consistently, he was lucky at Hull he was unnecessarily booked early but then still managed to commit 2 more unnecessary fouls and was rightly subbed at half time.

I just wish some people would be as honest in their assessment of Smith, who has been our most consistent performer all season.

I think he had a bit of a dip in firm up until recently, but appears back on his game (at a level where at the start of the season I thought he was one of the first names on the teamsheet).  The "problem" has been:

• Smith - getting a pre-season has brought him back to the levels of performance that helped keep us up in 15/16, where he was magnificent....playing through injury too
  • Brownhill - his emergence from match day 18 player to regular starter from back-end of last season

Making some of Marlon’s performance look a bit more ordinary.

Said before, if he had another yard of pace, he wouldn’t be in the Championship! 

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

@Harry, I always give credit where it is due and Pogba will not have many more difficult games than that, one of my criticisms of Pack has been at times his lack of discipline by not sticking to the task set for him and being caught hopelessly out of position, however against Middlesborough he proved that when he does concentrate he is a formidable player and he carried that into last nights performance, to be fair since Hull away he has been disciplined and performing consistently, he was lucky at Hull he was unnecessarily booked early but then still managed to commit 2 more unnecessary fouls and was rightly subbed at half time.

I just wish some people would be as honest in their assessment of Smith, who has been our most consistent performer all season.

Yes but you could argue that smith was responsible for the free kick that led to their goal and was caught in possession on a couple of occasions. You can always find fault if you look for it. With pack I think a lot on here look for fault and are a bit blind to his strengths. 

Archived