IGNORED

Thief

HLR

Well done to the fellow city fan that thought they'd spend the night dining out on the bank card I dropped in the ground tonight... £50 spent on a card that isn't yours instead of handing it in isn't big, nor clever. 

Shame we have some fans like that - especially after the great result tonight where we should be basking in the glory of beating big boys in the cup, instead we are over £50 odd down and feel like night has been tarnished somewhat by this act. 

Don't worry though, the police will be informed tomorrow - shouldn't be too hard to trace back the individual to the ten or so transactions you made seeing as we have times card was used and there is CCTV at all concessions in ground.... 

Up the city. 

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

How does he know your pin?

Your own fault if he did it contactless! Limit it to £20 purchase or something. (Sorry if I seem a little unsympathetic, but it really is easy to avoid in this day and age)

Even if it’s limited to £20 on contactless you would still be able to use it 4 times? If I understand contactless correctly (depending on the bank and shop as some people have been able to use contactless after a card has been reported missing).

although hopefully you will find who did it and they’re banned

1 minute ago, dihajh said:

Even if it’s limited to £20 on contactless you would still be able to use it 4 times? If I understand contactless correctly (depending on the bank and shop as some people have been able to use contactless after a card has been reported missing).

alrbough hopefully you will find who did it and they’re banned

It’s £30 per transaction.  Emersonsred is a WUM. Ignore. 

Yes sync the time of transactions with CCTV, they will be caught.  You can help the police by asking the club for the CCTV footage and calling your bank to get the times of the transaction and do the work yourself, the Police wont mind if the club is happy to oblige you becuase tbh I doubt the Police will investigate it, then just give the evidence to the police. 

I'm assuming that you've reported your card as lost, so the money should be returned to your account by the bank. The bank will lock down the card for on-line/card holder not present payments.

As to finding the perp, very unlikely - banks look at the money lost and the cost to them of investigating. The police tend to take the same approach as well.

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I'm assuming that you've reported your card as lost, so the money should be returned to your account by the bank. The bank will lock down the card for on-line/card holder not present payments.

As to finding the perp, very unlikely - banks look at the money lost and the cost to them of investigating. The police tend to take the same approach as well.

We are assuming it was not stolen then? how do we know and does that change his rights when coming to a refund or having the Police involved? 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s £30 per transaction.  Emersonsred is a WUM. Ignore. 

Aren't you a little cutie. I have never noticed you before RedDave, so I can't call you a WUM back unfortunately

edit: I have noticed you have been ultra-aggressive a couple of times tonight, calling someone a d*ckhead on another thread - you also mention you have consumed cider tonight. May I suggest a different beverage, you clearly can't handle your drink... Bed time. Sure you'll be happier in the morning! xxx

9 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We are assuming it was not stolen then? how do we know and does that change his rights when coming to a refund or having the Police involved? 

HLR has indicated he/she dropped the card, so it's loss. As I understand it, as long as he reports the loss, contactless payments will just be reimbursed (HLR might have further wireless payments taken because banks tend to work wireless payments in batches, HLR just has to be looking at his statements and notifying them of spurious payments).

If HRL's PIN has been used, then HLR is likely to lose his/her money (the assumption is, the PIIN is private), however I believe it would be dealt with a on a case by case basis.

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Aren't you a little cutie. I have never noticed you before RedDave, so I can't call you a WUM back unfortunately

edit: I have noticed you have been ultra-aggressive a couple of times tonight, calling someone a d*ckhead on another thread - you also mention you have consumed cider tonight. May I suggest a different beverage, you clearly can't handle your drink... Bed time. Sure you'll be happier in the morning! xxx

He was right with that though.

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really not a big deal. Drop £20 note and it’s lost. 

Drop your bank card and it’s all covered. 

Really not a football related issue!! 

What a terrible attitude!! At this time of year too - Xmas. You don't know how long it takes to get refunded by X bank. This is contactless and possibly a debit card from a current account - your post is incredibly dismissive and even possibly offensive as if £20 is 'spare change'. For shame. 

Archived