IGNORED

Man City Tickets - General Sale Applicant Request

cityfan

So City have just announced the priority groups for the Man City game.  I now fall in the General Sale category and there will be no chance of getting a ticket, whatsoever.

If anyone finds themselves with or knows that they will have a spare ticket for the home game for whatever reason, I would be very grateful for the opportunity to buy that ticket.

I missed the Man U game for the same reasons and have been a  City fan since an 11 year old boy and a season ticket holder for many years in-between, but not now due to circumstances.

The South Stand or the Lansdown stand would be terrific yet I appreciate that beggars cannot be choosers.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is in the higher priority groups that may be able to help as and when each category sale begins.

1 hour ago, cityfan said:

So City have just announced the priority groups for the Man City game.  I now fall in the General Sale category and there will be no chance of getting a ticket, whatsoever.

If anyone finds themselves with or knows that they will have a spare ticket for the home game for whatever reason, I would be very grateful for the opportunity to buy that ticket.

I missed the Man U game for the same reasons and have been a  City fan since an 11 year old boy and a season ticket holder for many years in-between, but not now due to circumstances.

The South Stand or the Lansdown stand would be terrific yet I appreciate that beggars cannot be choosers.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is in the higher priority groups that may be able to help as and when each category sale begins.

I completely understand you might have ‘circumstances’, I did myself when my children were little and I missed many matches due to money,time, childcare etc.

I’m just wondering which team are the attraction here? Back in the days when I couldn’t go I would have jumped at the chance to see Bristol City play anyone, and I mean ANYONE, from Rochdale to Lincoln, to Port Vale to Macclesfield. I wouldn’t have expected to be able to attend a ‘big’ game or a local derby. 

If someone offered you a ticket at face value for say Ipswich in a few weeks time would you be as interested. I’m not necessarily looking only for your answer but am interested in others in a similar situation.

I wanted to go to the Man U game because win, lose or draw, it was always about a memorable night, something that has not happened down at City of that magnitude in my life time.

Against Man City over two legs it will be totally different.  It won't for me be about a memorable night. moreso about watching to see how far City have come.  Man City are a different prospect to Man U and as many keep saying, probably the best team in the world.  Add to that a night game and the Semi-finals then right there you have your attraction.

I can get to a league game, but I won't get anywhere near the allocation for such a high profile match.  So with a league game I have a choice.  But with Man U and Man City, I won't get that choice.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I completely understand you might have ‘circumstances’, I did myself when my children were little and I missed many matches due to money,time, childcare etc.

I’m just wondering which team are the attraction here? Back in the days when I couldn’t go I would have jumped at the chance to see Bristol City play anyone, and I mean ANYONE, from Rochdale to Lincoln, to Port Vale to Macclesfield. I wouldn’t have expected to be able to attend a ‘big’ game or a local derby. 

If someone offered you a ticket at face value for say Ipswich in a few weeks time would you be as interested. I’m not necessarily looking only for your answer but am interested in others in a similar situation.

I don't have a ST and I didn't go to Man U.

Call me an armchair fan if you like but it's down to 1 main reason, my son is not old enough yet (imo) to attend night matches. On a school night, he wouldn't get into bed much before 10.30pm after travelling home through traffic etc and that's too much for him. We also are part of an amateur dramatics society so that's another evening of his week gone or more if a show is coming up.

When he's at secondary school, I'll consider it then.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Call me an armchair fan if you like but it's down to 1 main reason, my son is not old enough yet (imo) to attend night matches. On a school night, he wouldn't get into bed much before 10.30pm after travelling home through traffic etc and that's too much for him. We also are part of an amateur dramatics society so that's another evening of his week gone or more if a show is coming up.

Isn’t that exactly what she’s saying though? RedM said she missed many matches when her children were growing up.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Parenting before self wishes

:clap:

:worship2:

The cynic in me looks forward to when this cup run ends. Yes, ideally at Wembley where anyone who wants a ticket, will get a ticket. 

This last month has made painful reading.

Yes people ‘deserved in their own minds’ didn’t get quarter final ticket, and many more will not get semi final ones either. It’s how it is, you can’t fit a pint in a half-pint pot, and at least you can watch it on tv, a luxury in itself.

I also have to agree with @RedM, if you want to see ‘how far the team of come’ then yes, purchase a league ticket, the team is still the same, your post really does really read as moany and self-entitled. 

I hope you get to see the boys, be it against anyone! They’re a great team at the moment.

If you don’t get Man City tickets, watch it on tv, like many many others will.

Looking at the way they are allocating tickets for this one they have removed a tier (members plus 1 game) so all those with less than 4 games but with membership will be in the same group.

All anyone has to do to be in with a chance of a ticket is buy a forever Bristol membership. As these last for 12 months the benefits will carry over into next season as well.

I think they've removed a tier to reduce the sales period to maximise purchases prior to the first leg incase we come away from Man City's place down by a cricket score.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here. Of COURSE Bristol City v Ipswich isn't as attractive as Bristol City v Man City.  

42 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Looking at the way they are allocating tickets for this one they have removed a tier (members plus 1 game) so all those with less than 4 games but with membership will be in the same group.

All anyone has to do to be in with a chance of a ticket is buy a forever Bristol membership. As these last for 12 months the benefits will carry over into next season as well.

I think they've removed a tier to reduce the sales period to maximise purchases prior to the first leg incase we come away from Man City's place down by a cricket score.

That is exactly what`s been done IMO and rightly so.

If we do get mullered at the Etihad then I suspect there will be more tickets up for sale privately for the home leg than you can shake a stick at even if it is sold out.

Looks fair to me. They have removed the category I would quality for (member + 1), however I'm nearly up to the 4 game requirement. Young children, working abroad for chunks of time have put pay to attending as much as I would like but I have no complaints with the ticket policy, just hope I'm lucky enough to get one like I was with Man Utd game. Worst case is I get to stay in the warm and watch it on the TV!

@bristolcitysweden , @Garland-sweden

Are any of you boys tempted to try and get over for Man City game (Either home or away)

Dependent on numbers Im sure OTIB could manage to collectively source tickets for you lads

Id certainly consider giving up my seat or stumping up for one for one of you if you could get over ?

Sure we could get you sorted one way or another - seems a shame for you to miss out on these very rare occasions 

Love your dedication 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Peg

Could you go to Man City game if you got a ticket ?

(Would you (You may not and I’d understand) consider a babysitter for eve ?)

Would hate you to miss out if we can make sure your ticketed 

I’m not knocking anyone for not being able to go to matches regularly, or even once every couple of seasons. Like I said I’ve been there myself. @CiderCraiggets my point, which is which team is the real attraction as a City fan? Do people want to see how we play against ManU/ManC or is the desire to watch the ‘stars’ of the Premiership club more. That’s all I’m asking, as we don’t get the same scramble of interest for league matches or earlier rounds of the cup, so it’s not interest in the cup in particular.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Peg

Could you go to Man City game if you got a ticket ?

(Would you (You may not and I’d understand) consider a babysitter for eve ?)

Would hate you to miss out if we can make sure your ticketed 

Ex plastic man utd fan I know aka my brother is on the case.

He'd never seen man u play live until Wed and when he phoned me after the match, I told him he had to give all his Man U memorabilia to his dogs to chew up. He agreed.

I'd go to city if it was a cold Tuesday v Torquay Utd (in fact I have!) or Barca.

19 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Thanks, that is very kind of you. Will write and talk to you later If its possible to Come over. Sounds great to see that game. The game vs Man United was unreal, and wha an end of the show!!! Looked on telly here in Sweden, will never forget!

If you could have a chat between you and let us know what numbers were interested , we can start a thread on here and quickly assess  if we could source enough tickets for you before you book travel etc

@AdamB

Without putting you in a difficult position Do you think in these circumstances the Club may consider the few of our Swedish Fan Club the ability to buy a ticket , if they were able to travel over ?

If not @Garland-swedenI'm sure OTIB can sort it ;)

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you could have a chat between you and let us know what numbers were interested , we can start a thread on here and quickly assess  if we could source enough tickets for you before you book travel etc

@AdamB

Without putting you in a difficult position Do you think in these circumstances the Club may consider the few of our Swedish Fan Club the ability to buy a ticket , if they were able to travel over ?

If not @Garland-swedenI'm sure OTIB can sort it ;)

Any OTIB 'is that would be prepared to hold off giving away/allocating any spares before we know anpbout any of our Swedish brothers ?

As a matter of interest ( ok Ive got my begging bowl out :yes:) as we are getting 7.6k tickets for the away leg, are there any ST holders who won’t be going, but would be willing to to possibly let someone else buy their ticket off of them?.

As the old saying goes, if you don’t ask etc!

Or, does anyone think those 7.6k would get as far as members?.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

As a matter of interest ( ok Ive got my begging bowl out :yes:) as we are getting 7.6k tickets for the away leg, are there any ST holders who won’t be going, but would be willing to to possibly let someone else buy their ticket off of them?.

Think some may make members PB 

28 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm optimistic they will get to members - lots of people can't do a midweek away game and, given the second leg is the home game, I suspect lots will decide they are happy to get to that one.

I'll be interested to see how ticket allocations are done away - will it be straightforward membership or "if you've bought x number tickets this season"? I think the only thing that would annoy me is if it ends up being "if you've bought x number of home tickets you get priority for the away leg". I get to more away games than home games and have no problem at all with someone who has bought 4 home tickets having priority over me for the Man Utd game and home Man City game as I totally get the reasoning but it would frustrate me a little if I was behind people who mostly buy home tickets for an away match giving those are the ones that I do get to my share of! 

19 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Buy a membership... Simple. 

Many, me included now after a little one was born not so long ago, can’t afford the membership and a match ticket. It comes to over £60 for one game. Realistically I won’t be able to go to loads of games over the next couple of years so won’t make use of the membership. 

Therefore asking for a ticket to buy on here is much more cost effective 

Archived