IGNORED

Highlights Up

BobBobSuperBob

9 minutes ago, samo II said:

Woodrow doesn’t look quite what we need, and I say that not based off the miss here, but performances in general.

Hope he maybe can prove me wrong, but would prefer pretty much anyone else player up front.

He doesn't really DO anything that each of our others strikers can't. In Taylor we have a player who will harass, but use his movement to bother defences, Djuric is a target man, Reid is a false 9 who presses well, and Diedhiou is a player who brings others in with his passing, but who can also finish.

Woodrow offers nothing specifically, he can do the basics to a reasonable level - but he will never be more than a back up option in this team.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I said this in the matchday thread, but I really would just send Leko & Woodrow back in Jan. Offering us nothing and don’t improve the squad at all, let alone first 11. 

Agreed. Those two misses from Woodrow were crucial I'm afraid and Leko is just too raw for a team that now has ambitions of a top two finish.

Free up some space in the squad and a quality striker in January (maybe even two) is an absolute must now.

58 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

He doesn't really DO anything that each of our others strikers can't. In Taylor we have a player who will harass, but use his movement to bother defences, Djuric is a target man, Reid is a false 9 who presses well, and Diedhiou is a player who brings others in with his passing, but who can also finish.

Woodrow offers nothing specifically, he can do the basics to a reasonable level - but he will never be more than a back up option in this team.

Woodrow and Leko are not at the level if the others. Work rate, quality or effectiveness. Sooner have Mclouskey than Woodrow. He is not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

I would terminate both Leko and  Woodrow's loans and have a word with Liverpool, both Woodburn and Wilson set to go out on loan. 

I don't know if thats practical/possible/likely to happen but I'd take that in a heartbeat

14 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Woodrow and Leko are not at the level if the others. Work rate, quality or effectiveness. Sooner have Mclouskey than Woodrow. He is not good enough. 

How many times have you seen McCoulskey play?

And by that I mean actual performances, not just seeing that he's scored a few goals. 

Archived