IGNORED

Fairly happy with a point.

Robbored

Especially as Cardiff lost but although City managed a point after the tremendous win on Wednesday I was a little disappointed with LJ putting Flint up top  in the second half. To me it was a "another club in the bag"  strategy that we saw from GJ with Jamie McCoombe all those years ago - basic, old fashioned and crude imo.

Sure Flint won the penalty which earned a point but I'd rather have seen City adopt a more creative approach in which to save the game.

i appreciate that a point is a point but as a footballing purist I'd rather not see that "anothe club in bag" strategy approach despite the fact it paid off today.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Especially as Cardiff lost but although City managed a point after the tremendous win on Wednesday I was a little disappointed with LJ putting Flint up top  in the second half. To me it was a "another club in the bag"  strategy that we saw from GJ with Jamie McCoombe all those years ago - basic, old fashioned and crude imo.

Sure Flint won the penalty which earned a point but I'd rather have seen City adopt a more creative approach in which to save the game.

i appreciate that a point is a point but as a footballing purist I'd rather not see that "anothe club in bag" strategy approach despite the fact it paid off today.

We've often criticised Lee Johnson for having no Plan B.

Today, Plan B secured a valuable point and very nearly all three.

What do you want? A?

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

What do you want? A?

Or plan C as LJ described it

been working with Flint up top in training as he knew we would need the option on occasions with Milan and Fammy out

You want us to play through every opposition home and away like Barcelona, with a injury ravaged squad do you Robbo ?

Sill , a a bit more attention I guess

#Lookatme

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think I get what your saying but I think its more to do with having a lack of clubs in the bag at the moment. I assume he would have brought Duric on given the opportunity but as he doesn't then the only option is to try Flint in that role.

I assume you also dislike when normally bring Duric on.

12 minutes ago, Super said:

I think its a fantastic point considering the week we have had. Really thought we would lose today. Sounded a superb second half effort. Well done to the boys.

And I agree, he's talking out of his arse as usual, 2nd half we were great and I thought having equalised Flint would be sent back in defence to see the game out but oh no we went looking for the win, that is confidence.

Great point and a lot of good teams will lose at QPR.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Flint was immense in the second half , no leg weariness post ManU and he fought like his life depended on it . Creative ? Mate we got a point and should have had 3 . Flint caused total havoc in their defence . Well done LJ innovative thinking and prepared to try a different approach . Good work and we were more than worth a point . QPR imploded second half . Great point . All round effort was tremendous and fantastic support yet again . Good days 

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is Matt Smith a better goal scorer than Flint and yet some people on here would still be happy with us signing him as a forward ,he will be in Bristol soon when baker empties his back pocket.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or plan C as LJ described it

been working with Flint up top in training as he knew we would need the option on occasions with Milan and Fammy out

You want us to play through every opposition home and away like Barcelona, with a injury ravaged squad do you Robbo ?

Sill , a a bit more attention I guess

#Lookatme

Bit harsh Super Bob. No need for this personal stuff. This is a forum isn't it? Fair enough, you don't agree with the OP but this response seems a little OTT to me.

28 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

What do you want? A?

Fair comment CA.

I guess I've become accustomed to and enjoyed LJ playing decent football but today it was a 'back to League 1' football which I find basic and crude.

I appreciate that that old fashioned method earned us a point today but I'm really hoping that LJ doesn't use that method too often. To me it's ugly and largely ineffective - and although it paid off today I hope it doesn't become a regular 'tactic'.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Fair comment CA.

I guess I've become accustomed to and enjoyed LJ playing decent football but today it was a 'back to League 1' football which I find basic and crude.

I appreciate that that old fashioned method earned us a point today but I'm really hoping that LJ doesn't use that method too often. To me it's ugly and largely ineffective - and although it paid off today I hope it doesn't become a regular 'tactic'.

You watched the game did you Robbo ?

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You watched the game did you Robbo ?

Actually I did.

I like LJ. He's an astute and clever guy but resorting to the tactic we saw today really disappointed me. 

Such a basic move should not have been necessary given thec resources at his disposal.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Actually I did.

I like LJ. He's an astute and clever guy but resorting to the tactic we saw today really disappointed me. 

Such a basic move should not have been necessary given thec resources at his disposal.

Care to elaborate, mate? I don't really understand your point here.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Actually I did.

Surely an astute and clever coach epitomises those attributes by taking the unorthodox approach of putting a centre half up front? 

It’s essential we had several methods of getting results. Our squad is pretty bare with injuries at the moment so sometimes we’ll have to try things like this.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Have to say I'm not sure I believe you )

And your assessment of how we used Flint - are you claiming it was hoofball ?

And what would your alternative plan have been , out of interest

I saw the game and City looked half the team that performed on Wednesday. Tired legs or mentally tired, who knows?

Being  a  football purist, I'd have persisted with the 'traditional' way of breaking the opposition down but obviously LJ didn't think that was likely so adopted the option of using Flint as a striker and it worked and earned us a point.

I just hoping that he doesn't feel the need to adopt the the same 'tactic' in the future.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Actually I did.

Which resources? Patterson, O’Dowda, Diedhou and Djuric all missing. So which resources are you alluding to?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I saw the game and City looked half the team that performed on Wednesday. Tired legs or mentally tired, who knows?

Being  a  football purist, I'd have persisted with the 'traditional' way of breaking the opposition down but obviously LJ didn't think that was likely so adopted the option of using Flint as a striker and it worked and earned us a point.

I just hoping that he doesn't feel the need to adopt the the same 'tactic' in the future.

So it worked and earned us a point yet you hope we never use it again.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You do realise , especially given our position sides will (increasingly) have a plan to nullify our way of playing / strengths  and sometimes result in us having to change what we do ?  Do You ? :facepalm:

How do you feel about using Hordurs long throw ?

You see , I see it , and I've said it  , that I think it's great credit to LJ that he's not so pig headed and set in his ethos to the degree he refuses to compromise (Mr Wenger) and will adapt if necessary and when necessary to gain points , whereas you try and turn it into a negative 

:facepalm:

(Don't know why I / we bother)

Archived