IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday manager gone

Rocky

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Has there ever been two managers sacked after a game?

Especially when one of them has won  to stay only just outside the play off positions?

Bloody hell; Merry Christmas to him!

Not sure if this and Boro jettisoning Monk are good or bad things; both decent squads arguably under-performing, so would prefer neither get in someone who pushes them on.

That said; a more open and competitive top half could help us, in so much as we only have to play each of those sides once again, while the likes of Cardiff, Wolves etc. also have to deal with more competition too.

Say what you want about Championship football but it’s never boring!

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Bloody hell; Merry Christmas to him!

Not sure if this and Boro jettisoning Monk are good or bad things; both decent squads arguably under-performing, so would prefer neither get in someone who pushes them on.

That said; a more open and competitive top half could help us, in so much as we only have to play each of those sides once again, while the likes of Cardiff, Wolves etc. also have to deal with more competition too.

Say what you want about Championship football but it’s never boring!

Two clubs who will save money on Christmas presents ! 

Just goes to highlight exactly what a determined and genuine belief SL has in his remarkable faith shown last season. 

A lot of City fans still don’t realise just how fortunate we are! 

Arguably the best run club in the country at this moment in time...?! 

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sheffield Blues have definitely been underachieving.

I’m prepared to be ‘whooshed’ here James, but what’s with your sudden obsession with referring to teams by their kit colour?! I’ve seen you mention both Manc clubs in this way and now you seem to have moved onto the Sheffield clubs?! Is it new ‘street’ talk?!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m prepared to be ‘whooshed’ here James, but what’s with your sudden obsession with referring to teams by their kit colour?! I’ve seen you mention both Manc clubs in this way and now you seem to have moved onto the Sheffield clubs?! Is it new ‘street’ talk?!

Tbh just laziness with the Sheffield ones, takes less time to type.

With Manchester Red and Blue I was continuing the "use Manchester as they call us Bristol" thing, but wanted to be able to differentiate.

Hi Bristol Reds! 

I just feel sad for Carlos really, he's a lovely chap and we've had 2 good seasons under him. It's a real shame it hasn't worked out in the end. 

I can't stand Gary Megson, but he has a cult following amongst Wednesday fans (some of it on Owlstalk is tongue in cheek though). I personally think he comes across as bitter about everything, but was unlucky when we sacked him a few years ago. 

I wouldn't mind Monk too much, Dean Smith has done well at Brentford. Don't want Karanka as the fans would hate his defensive football. I can only apologise in advance for the less intelligent of our fans who'll inevitably be mentioning LJ over the coming weeks. Someone rang Radio Sheffield today to suggest Brendan Rogers :laughcont:

Will be interesting to see what happens next, I think this season is over for us anyway. 

Merry Christmas 

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Hi Bristol Reds! 

I just feel sad for Carlos really, he's a lovely chap and we've had 2 good seasons under him. It's a real shame it hasn't worked out in the end. 

I can't stand Gary Megson, but he has a cult following amongst Wednesday fans (some of it on Owlstalk is tongue in cheek though). I personally think he comes across as bitter about everything, but was unlucky when we sacked him a few years ago. 

I wouldn't mind Monk too much, Dean Smith has done well at Brentford. Don't want Karanka as the fans would hate his defensive football. I can only apologise in advance for the less intelligent of our fans who'll inevitably be mentioning LJ over the coming weeks. Someone rang Radio Sheffield today to suggest Brendan Rogers :laughcont:

Will be interesting to see what happens next, I think this season is over for us anyway. 

Merry Christmas 

:laughcont: Should have seen it coming

34 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Reading his own tweet about leaving and thanking the fans, I hadn't realised how many Wednesday fans are genuinely sad to see him go. I knew fans were divided but thought it was the popular decision.

Or is it just a case that now the decision is made people can row back a little and be all sentimental and nostalgic? 

Happy Christmas to you! Enjoyed our trips to Sheffield this season and by some measure Wednesday fans are the more decent, although it's a cracking city altogether.

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

Reading his own tweet about leaving and thanking the fans, I hadn't realised how many Wednesday fans are genuinely sad to see him go. I knew fans were divided but thought it was the popular decision.

Or is it just a case that now the decision is made people can row back a little and be all sentimental and nostalgic? 

Happy Christmas to you! Enjoyed our trips to Sheffield this season and by some measure Wednesday fans are the more decent, although it's a cracking city altogether.

It's a mixture I think, most Wednesday fans agree that it was the correct decision but are appreciative of the last couple of years. We have our moronic element though of course, the ones who think its fine to tweet "**** off" directly to him etc. 

This list frightens me to be honest

Screenshot_20171224-111326.thumb.png.1fff26e6b9e0a7ab366f82c943308cc5.png.cf59964ab85b910447577ed06f81787c.png

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

It's a mixture I think, most Wednesday fans agree that it was the correct decision but are appreciative of the last couple of years. We have our moronic element though of course, the ones who think its fine to tweet "**** off" directly to him etc. 

Screenshot_20171224-111326.thumb.png.1fff26e6b9e0a7ab366f82c943308cc5.png.cf59964ab85b910447577ed06f81787c.png

Too right. It terrifies me and we`ve got a manager!

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

That's a grim list . A mix of failures  Defensive football and Giggs :dunno: 

Archived