IGNORED

Crowd v Reading

Sleepy1968

12 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I'm off to Neath versus Aberavon in the El Classico South wales derby.  And guess what?? Not a police officer in sight .... pay on the day ... fierce local rivalry ... tough working class area ... both sets of fans drinking together in the clubhouse (together with some English visitors) .... but not a sign of trouble because? ... it's rugby ... love it!

And your welcome to it! 

13 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I'm off to Neath versus Aberavon in the El Classico South wales derby.  And guess what?? Not a police officer in sight .... pay on the day ... fierce local rivalry ... tough working class area ... both sets of fans drinking together in the clubhouse (together with some English visitors) .... but not a sign of trouble because? ... it's rugby ... love it!

If you could stay there, that would be great.

Own goal of the day there, oldrosie... me thinks.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don't see why they would hold tickets back for general sale? There's about 20 tickets left on the site now so they would be stopping people from getting tickets by holding them back

Don’t all clubs have to hold back 10% for POTD..?

• Admin

Enjoy the principality and Twickenham in 2018 when they become the first sporting grounds to ban alcohol....... It' rrugby..... Love it! 

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

There’s a rule that you need to restrict season ticket sales so that a certain amount go on sale to members/general sale. 

No rules regarding keeping a certain amount back for POTD.

Ah right. Yes you are correct. Although the game being POTD and not all ticket, naturally means there are plenty of tickets available. 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Another indicator that it’s nowhere near as sold as out as some are thinking. 

20-22k would be great, with only 1.5k away fans. 

It will be almost a sell-out in the home ends, there will be nearly 3000 empty seats in the Atyeo with only 1100 Reading fans making the journey 

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

It will be almost a sell-out in the home ends, there will be nearly 3000 empty seats in the Atyeo with only 1100 Reading fans making the journey 

Real shame Reading only bringing that - given its only an hours drive - as we’d othewise be looking at 25k.

Surely we have a contingency plan to open the Atyeo if we sell out before 1pm?

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Real shame Reading only bringing that - given its only an hours drive - as we’d othewise be looking at 25k.

Surely we have a contingency plan to open the Atyeo if we sell out before 1pm?

You’d hope so, my son and two of his mates have just said they are heading down to potd

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Have just been told that as the Upper Lansdown is sold out, they’ll be selling the Atyeo corner again today to home fans

I’d be surprised many would pay on the day on Boxing Day? Many will have plans and if they wanted to go they would have bought the tickets far in advance.

It’s good we have the option though.

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’d be surprised many would pay on the day on Boxing Day? Many will have plans and if they wanted to go they would have bought the tickets far in advance.

It’s good we have the option though.

That’s the point. Even if only 200 end up in the Atyeo as POTD that’s 200 you haven’t pissed off and will come again.

Archived