IGNORED

Diedhiou and Djuric back mid-January

The Enormous Turnip

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

Appreciate you're jesting but I don't believe that the backroom staff rate him. Looking at the young players signed last season, moore the obvious exception because of lack of opportunities, they have all been coached and developed phenomenally well - many unrecognizable from last year. If we thought GE had it in the locker, I struggle to believe we would let him go as far as Sweden and outside that obvious quality of coaching. 

But he's another fit player who can be used in cup games and he's going to improve with matches

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

I hope he gets a chance, there must be something in there for us to have paid over a million for him - the scouts seem to have got things right even when we have maybe doubted them over the last couple of seasons.

I think the problem with him might genuinely be more about settling in and perhaps having the maturity to live and play abroad. It’s a big ask and not every young foreign player would settle in as easily as Magnússon.

LJ once hinted at this. He comes from a small provincial area - a small island if I remember correctly. When he first came over his girlfriend was largely back home in Sweden. Compare that to Magnússon, Pisano or Duric who’s families or partners came over pretty quickly after their move. All these factors can be huge problems to a young guy like him.

Things like this and the injuries he had when he first arrived would impact his performance in training. Might have been the cause of the reported perception that he was a ‘competition winner’ by his teammates last season. (I say ‘teammates’ but if I was to bet on the ring leader I know who my money would be on.. he’s no longer at the club).

Maybe this season he’d find it easier. A loan to L1 or L2 might do him lots of good. Would like to see him at Yeovil. Surprised we haven’t really loaned there. Fairly local, do really well with their resources. Darren Way is someone LJ trusts and seems a good coach in his own right. Might be a great opportunity for him.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the problem with him might genuinely be more about settling in and perhaps having the maturity to live and play abroad. It’s a big ask and not every young foreign player would settle in as easily as Magnússon.

LJ once hinted at this. He comes from a small provincial area - a small island if I remember correctly. When he first came over his girlfriend was largely back home in Sweden. Compare that to Magnússon, Pisano or Duric who’s families or partners came over pretty quickly after their move. All these factors can be huge problems to a young guy like him.

Things like this and the injuries he had when he first arrived would impact his performance in training. Might have been the cause of the reported perception that he was a ‘competition winner’ by his teammates last season. (I say ‘teammates’ but if I was to bet on the ring leader I know who my money would be on.. he’s no longer at the club).

Maybe this season he’d find it easier. A loan to L1 or L2 might do him lots of good. Would like to see him at Yeovil. Surprised we haven’t really loaned there. Fairly local, do really well with their resources. Darren Way is someone LJ trusts and seems a good coach in his own right. Might be a great opportunity for him.

What I've noticed that on his social media he doesn't seem to have 'bought in' to Bristol or Bristol City

Unlike virtually every other player his very few Bristol,City related postings compared to his Swedish and other related postings seem to reflect his 'Distance' from involvement

He doesn't post about our results at any time

Not criticising him for this but most of the players Social Media reflects how big Bristol City are in their lives and Gustavs appears to do likewise

He may suddenly get a break and feel a part but ai don't think he does , I'm don't think that our Staff see a real future as it stands and I think we would move him on if we could recoup some money)

Just my vibe / view

I wrote this 2 weeks ago...

On 12/12/2017 at 07:47, Septic Peg said:

Going by Steve Allen's video, Gaz O'Neil is about 4 - 8 weeks away, Hegeler is 4 weeks away, Fam is 6 - 8 weeks away, Pisano is 8 - 12 weeks and Lucic is "a few weeks". This was obviously before COD was injured.

So I reckon in the new year, we'll have Lucic, Gaz and Heggy back at least...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

So I reckon Gaz is due back in about 2 weeks though I really won't be surprised if we pay him up in Jan.

The Man Utd game had Pisano, COD, Fammy all there celebrating.

Djuric is obv still recovering from his op and I think Heggy and Lucic were both visiting their families abroad.

But I didn't see Gaz at all and he lives near Norwich. Not exactly difficult to visit now.

20 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I hope he hits the ground running this time. If he gets his attitude right he can make a good contribution. C'mon Gustav.

His girlfriend is joining him this time round and he wants to give it his best shot as he was homesick initially which to be fair for a 20 year old isn’t unheard of. Give him a chance I say as I seen enough in the few games I saw him play last year to believe he has enough talent to succeed but just needs to feel settled

I if reckon most of us worked in another country at 20 And was on our own with no family or loved ones we would also struggle 

The club were right not to loan him out in this country as that would have only compounded matters. Going back to Sweden was the best and right option so that he played competitive games rather than play U23 here and being unhappy

Sincerely hope he gets his head down and proves the doubters wrong just like those first team players who were criticised last season - O’Dowda, Brownhill, Bryan et al..,

My understanding of the Engvall situation is that he has all the skills, stats and attributes you would want from a striker but struggles with the physicality of the English game.  

His head goes down if he is on the receiving end of rough treatment.  

Hopefully his time in Sweden has helped get his confidence back up.  

22 minutes ago, Port Red said:

My understanding of the Engvall situation is that he has all the skills, stats and attributes you would want from a striker but struggles with the physicality of the English game.  

His head goes down if he is on the receiving end of rough treatment.  

Hopefully his time in Sweden has helped get his confidence back up.  

And the person who was (allegedly) giving him a hard time is no longer at the club.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And the person who was (allegedly) giving him a hard time is no longer at the club.

Well known behind the scenes that Tomlin was bullying some of the younger players, just a shame no one at the club stuck one on him and put a stop to it at the time

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Well known behind the scenes that Tomlin was bullying some of the younger players, just a shame no one at the club stuck one on him and put a stop to it at the time

Christ, not heard this. Any names other than Engvall?

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

How did a thread about Dildo & Durex degenerate into a thread about Gus and just about everybody else?

These two could be very important during the promotion run in, especially if their fitness hold and we can get them back up to the pace of top championship football.

If I remember correctly this is sticky back plastic in Australia and the other was a female singer. 

13 hours ago, INCRED said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold .

What crueler punishment could there be than to sell him to Cardiff with Colin as manager .

A lovely club with a manager known for his passion for ' flair ' players .

:laughcont:

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m sure there’s a rule about playing a weakened team in the FA Cup. Anyone know how many changes you’re allowed to make and what the punishment would be?

The rules are a bit vague, and open to interpretation. You can bet the big 6 get away with it but we wouldn’t. 

3 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m sure there’s a rule about playing a weakened team in the FA Cup. Anyone know how many changes you’re allowed to make and what the punishment would be?

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The rules are a bit vague, and open to interpretation. You can bet the big 6 get away with it but we wouldn’t. 

The rules usually have a mention of providing a reasonable explanation.

I think having 7 players out injured and a real chance at promotion, so not jeopardising that by risking more injuries to key players should classify as a reasonable explanation.

On 27/12/2017 at 21:03, INCRED said:

If that's true it's a disgrace. Although it wouldn't have been with his quick witted platitudes. 

56 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Some of the U23s were victims of his egotistical behaviour also. Club tried keeping it in house but as with anything it soon gets out. 

If true, wowzers. Sometimes I feel bad for sending him pelters on Twitter and then this comes along.

Bloke deserves all the stick thrown at him. Utter ******.

59 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Some of the U23s were victims of his egotistical behaviour also. Club tried keeping it in house but as with anything it soon gets out. 

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

What a ******* ****

Fair to say Cardiff didn’t do their due diligence on Tomlin.

Shifting him on for a 7 figure fee has to almost be our best bit of business in the summer.

Archived