IGNORED

Manchester City Away Tickets - SOLD OUT

BCFC1512

7 hours ago, North London Red said:

At a guess (and without checking) I’d say October 95, when we played Newcastle in the second leg of the league cup, having already lost the first leg 5-0 at Ashton Gate. A bonus point if anyone can name our goal scorer in our 3-1 loss in the second leg. 

Ago agostino

13 hours ago, MCFC said:

Good evening ladies and gents.

Great effort to sell out your allocation for the game at ours, kudos for that. Shame you didn't give us a few more at your place, such is life, a bit cheaper would have been nice too ha!

Don't agree with the doom mongers, I think you have a good chance over the two legs against us, I think Pep will make changes, plus we are getting a number of injuries lately.

Unfortunately, I am out of the country for the first leg, but will be at the return match, should take me up to around 74 grounds I have seen us play at.

For those going to ours, 2nd tier is best for the view, and the first ten rows or so of the third tier.

There's not really any bars near the stadium for away fans, so you are better off having an ale or ten in town, then get a bus/taxi/tram to the ground.

74 grounds is good going. If you'd stuck around in the Third Division a little longer - even dipped into the Fourth just briefly - you'd be up in the 80s, like a fair few of us. The 1980s was good for us like that.

16 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

74 grounds is good going. If you'd stuck around in the Third Division a little longer - even dipped into the Fourth just briefly - you'd be up in the 80s, like a fair few of us. The 1980s was good for us like that.

Although it was our lowest ebb, I loved our tour of the third division, I went to 43 out of the 49 games that season in the league (inc playoffs), it was brilliant, except for Wycombe fkn Wanderers doing the double over us, and getting beat at York and Lincoln!

I should have got to your place too, I worked in Bristol a few years back, in the centre, on an office conversion to student accommodation, just near the Police Station/multi-storey car park, and stayed in Luckwell Road, could see your stadium from the bathroom. Unfortunately our working hours meant I couldn't do it.

25 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Some sags are nearing that without the need to even go to away matches. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Although it was our lowest ebb, I loved our tour of the third division, I went to 43 out of the 49 games that season in the league (inc playoffs), it was brilliant, except for Wycombe fkn Wanderers doing the double over us, and getting beat at York and Lincoln!

I should have got to your place too, I worked in Bristol a few years back, in the centre, on an office conversion to student accommodation, just near the Police Station/multi-storey car park, and stayed in Luckwell Road, could see your stadium from the bathroom. Unfortunately our working hours meant I couldn't do it.

It's fun for one year - like, say, dropping from L2 into the Banana Conference part-time pub league, and going straight back up - but it tends to grate a bit after, oooh, ten, fifteen visits to Gillingham and co. 

Can you get used to Paris, Munich, Madrid though?

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's fun for one year - like, say, dropping from L2 into the Banana Conference part-time pub league, and going straight back up - but it tends to grate a bit after, oooh, ten, fifteen visits to Gillingham and co. 

Can you get used to Paris, Munich, Madrid though?

Paris was a good trip, nice ground the Parcs Du Prince too.

Munich is a great city, crap in the ground though, nice stadium but you are way up in the Gods, sort of takes away from the experience! Only been there once, luckily our 2-3 win after coming from 2 goals down.

Madrid was great, went for our semi-final, again you are up in the Gods but it's so steep that you aren't really that far from the pitch, much better ground than the Nou Camp.

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Munich is a great city, crap in the ground though, nice stadium but you are way up in the Gods, sort of takes away from the experience! Only been there once, luckily our 2-3 win after coming from 2 goals down.

Madrid was great, went for our semi-final, again you are up in the Gods but it's so steep that you aren't really that far from the pitch, much better ground than the Nou Camp.

I like this about lifelong Manchester City fans - you've seen all sides of the coin.  Defeat at Lincoln yet now you're enjoying trips to Munich, Madrid and Barcelona.  In a sense you've earned it.  The bankrolling that got you there is not necessarily a good thing, but that's not the fans fault.

There is a stark contrast between Manchester City and United fans on social media.  Manchester City fans such as yourself seem to understand what it really means to be a supporter; United fans just appear entitled and spoilt by success, with no appreciation for what it means to follow a team that isn't successful all the time, and no understanding of the grassroots culture.  I'm sure there are plenty that have jumped on the bandwagon now you're successful, but the lifers have my respect.

16 minutes ago, MCFC said:

There was a similar post a while back from a Rovers fan, who suffered from vertigo from being “up in the gods” at Gillingham. 

They sat towards the back at Rotherham, but the steepness of the rake kept them feeling closer to the action. 

They were highly impressed with Wycombe, where there was not on a roof, but also plastic sitting devices, which was a real treat!

They are relishing the day that Burton Albion drop back down to their level, to go and experience their luxurious surroundings once more. 

4 hours ago, Giffordstag said:

Have Manchester United changed their name since they were beaten at Ashton Gate? Everyone seems to be calling them Manchester Red.

They changed their name before our game to "Manchester" as the media, the BBC especially, believe there is only one team in Manchester.  It turns out that there is another team in Manchester called "Manchester City" so they have renamed themselves "Manchester Red" so that the media do not confuse them.

Yours,

Bristol supporter

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

HTV will be able to get some up to date shots of everyone queuing outside the ground to get their cup tickets................................

More likely to be fans wearing high waisters with side pockets,homepride men shirts and platform shoes.:facepalm:

Noticed that the coaches have sold out. If by chance they arrange more maybe someone who uses them could give approx return journey time please. Last time i went on CATS it was 80mph all the way back but restricted now i think. Will have young son and drive home back to Wiltshire after so maybe drive to Manchester a better alternative. Tiring though. 

Archived