IGNORED

Worst single moment watching City

Aizoon

As we're 2nd, I remember under S'OD when we were bottom of League One at this point in the season, was sat in the rain watching us lose 3 - 0 at home to Rotherham(I think) and thinking it couldn't get much worse than this. Although, Dean Windass.

As a single moment within a game - Sheff Wednesday last season. Tomlin smacks the penalty onto the post which rebounds into play, cue O’Neil scything down the owl’s player for a red. 

Mad moment that brought together emotions of exhilaration at winning a pen, frustration at missing it and then anger at having a player sent off.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10577329/watch-two-red-cards-and-one-missed-penalty-as-sheffield-wednesday-beat-bristol-city

Definitely Brighton in play offs. As I live in Brighton I had to get the train back with their fans celebrating all the way back. Made it as far as London and delayed the rest of my journey by going to a gig  

Some sort of payback was us winning at the Amex in April to prevent them winning the league!

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

To counter the current mood of euphoria after a cerain recent victory, how about the worst moments fans have experienced? I'm looking for on-field happenings rather than problems with food vouchers, personal managers, etc...

Easy, the play off final against Brighton. We failed to turn up, were complete rubbish

wasn't there for the 3-0, but the 4-0 at Trumpton still gives me the horrors. goals were firing in from 20, 30 yards it felt like. while ultimately it didn't effect the season nor our history, certainly not in the manner the 3-0 did, this was a thumping that still sends shivers down me. 

also seeing Jacki paraded out (before southend) one last time to say goodbye to us. To lose a talent like that because he didn't fit into Osman's anti-football philosophy was infuriating and still rankles bitterly 25 years on. Osman scored the winner that match, yet was deservedly booed with hardly anyone celebrating the goal - one of the most surreal sights I've seen, and one that said much for the poisonous atmosphere he had created. 

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Definitely Brighton in play offs. As I live in Brighton I had to get the train back with their fans celebrating all the way back. Made it as far as London and delayed the rest of my journey by going to a gig  

Some sort of payback was us winning at the Amex in April to prevent them winning the league!

I live in a village a few miles from Brighton , my wife sat in the Brighton end, the Brighton captain Cullip is a neighbour and uses my local, and at the time I coached a boys team who all supported Brighton. 

No. One sang 1-0 on your big day out louder than i did last April

1 hour ago, harrys said:

3-0 defeat at Trumpton 1990

This all day. One of the worst days of my life. From the result through to loads of celebrating blue quartered cretins via John Bailey swallowing his tounge on the pitch and the car breaking down on the keynsham bypass on the way home.

I would have to say collectively from play off final until 2013 was the worst years supporting city, never known us to be so bad at AG.

Worst moment? Could pick any game between 2009 and 2013 really but losing to Swindon in League cup who were 2 leagues below us at the time was pretty miserable.

None of them really vividly stick out, strandley the only one that really does was the moment we went 1-0 down at Home against Shrewsbury under SOD. Just the vivid recollection of their player reeling off to celebrate with about 70 away fans in the background, when we near the bottom of L1, with about 10k there hit Home. 

1 hour ago, JammyOne said:

O'Dismal. All of it.

Agree - this was an awful time.

Crap football, followed by an even worse interview.

All that shite about "procesess" and "not looking at the league" - the dour look on his face and his sniffs still haunt me.

SC did an unbelievable job lifting us out of that.

What difference a few years make!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gary Smart about 1988 after City dominated the whole game scoring with a worldy/fluke

Or when in 1998 found out Pulis had been appointed. I think me and my brother spoke for 90 seconds on the phone, 85 seconds of which were us saying “f***”

I worked with Gary smart .he admitted city played rovers off the park.he was okay for a gas head and was always complimentary about city

Two that stick out in my mind.

A long, miserable trip to Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup 3rd round towards the end of the Pulis horror show where we played some utterly turgid football.

Pulis completely failed to acknowledge the travelling support (along with half the team) and when criticised, later said he wasn't the sort of manager to wave at the fans.

Plus the entire shambles that was the 98-99 season including Ward walking out in a huff when things were starting to look marginally better, that hammering by Wolves, having no defence and a team that saw Steve Torpey play 21 games ahead of Cramb or Thorpe.

Archived