IGNORED

Ashton Gate to Temple Meads

WolfInPeace

4 minutes ago, WolfInPeace said:

I think after the amount of beers I’ll have sunk on Saturday, if I was to bike it I wouldn’t need throwing in the river.

Thanks for the help, we shall walk it as usual! Looking forward to a good day out and a good game!

Hope we roger you, and leave the defecated corpse of your promotion hopes on North Street.

Have a good one though mate x

Got to echo the advice to walk to TM. Traffic is a nightmare in Bristol any time of the day or night, and after a match with a big gate pretty much gridlock. I’d allow 40 mins, maybe a bit more to get out of the ground, find platform etc.

Leave the 3 points on your way out please ;)

9 minutes ago, WolfInPeace said:

I think after the amount of beers I’ll have sunk on Saturday, if I was to bike it I wouldn’t need throwing in the river.

Thanks for the help, we shall walk it as usual! Looking forward to a good day out and a good game!

You can get the ferry from Temple Meads to The Cottage Inn for £3.80 single......then walk over the newly refurbished Ashton Swing Bridge and across Greville Smyth Park to the stadium. That saves a 30 minute walk.

The ferry won't be running by the time the game finishes.

https://www.bristolferry.com/ferry-service/timetable/

Just another question lads and lasses. Before games at Ashton Gate, we usually have a couple of drinks round Temple Meads I.e Knights Templar, Bridge Inn etc... Before it starts getting busy and move on. Usually move upto the Nova Scotia, but is there anywhere else closer to the ground you can recommend for away fans?

• Admin
10 hours ago, WolfInPeace said:

Just another question lads and lasses. Before games at Ashton Gate, we usually have a couple of drinks round Temple Meads I.e Knights Templar, Bridge Inn etc... Before it starts getting busy and move on. Usually move upto the Nova Scotia, but is there anywhere else closer to the ground you can recommend for away fans?

@WolfInPeace The only place near the ground that allows away supporters is The Tobacco Factory on North Street

image.png

I walk back to Temple Meads every week and then jump on the train to Cheltenham. The walk takes me about 35-45 minutes depending on how lazy I feel, but I always make the 1800 train after a 3pm kick off with about twenty minutes to spare, so you should be fine walking to BTM.

Parson Street is a fifteen to twenty minute walk for most people, so you could just make sure you leave at a suitable time, if you want to make that? Or peg it...

(EDIT: Pointless post on my behalf, I can see now the decision was made to walk a while ago... :facepalm: )

Archived