IGNORED

Full Time SLO appointed (Merged)

CyderInACan

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Great move and proper city fan!

I went to school with him and he really is a top bloke and loves football. Been to games with him over the years, so expect him to understand fans views. 

Got to echo this. I was aware of the appointment for a little while now and someone who knows him pointed him out to me as we watched the ManU game, well he’s certainly ‘one of us’. A great appointment I think and a much needed link between supporters and the club, will benefit both sides.

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So his accessibility to everyone means hiding in a bar you can only access if you are a SCAT member.

Good start.

(Someone had to say it!)

I hope he will be walking around the whole of the concourse not basing himself in one particular area. 

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Great move by the club but just a little bit worried that he doesn't really have the experience of recently holding a season ticket etc. I struggle to understand how he can take up issues on our behalf when he's not experienced those issues from our perspective. Never less good luck to him.

I am hot sure he needs to have experienced it himself to do the job well - no-one can understand all possible issues relating to the U-7 tickets and free shirts, disabled supporters, S82 displays, people queuing on stairs, issues with hospitality, alcohol pricing, all away grounds selling out of cider, tickets being put on sale when they shouldn't have been, Oxford United labels in away shirts etc. by having been affected by them all personally. He is a liaison not a superfan.

His role is to communicate with and listen to the fans. We tell him our concerns and he tells us the club's response. He tells us the club's ideas, and we give him our response and so it goes on. He is a communicator and doesn't need to have experienced every issue himself. From what I've heard he seems a good fit and hopefully this will continue our progress on and off the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If anyone wants to... Come see me on the desk ...  I’ll happily pose for your caneras ... (signed photo's are available on request) :) 

:sweatingbullets: ....blimey!   

The 'SC&T Bar' sounds fun and more interesting than I thought, great membership and fund raising initiative from Dolls, fair play she'll bend over backwards for this club.... :photo:

* (NB: regret Event Cancelled (due to SAG :nono:) soz) 

23 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As I read it, he’s just there this Saturday as a one off. 

That’s good. No problem him being in there regularly but there are plenty of people who would never go in there who might have want a more informal approach rather than having to request at a desk for access, a bit daunting for some no matter how friendly the SC&T are :)

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It would appear then that Mcindoe was unsuccessful in his application then.

Would explain his disappearance so soon after his arrival.

I was looking forward to him adopting a 'cash for questions' model.

I had my ‘Michael McIndoe is having a party’ song ready too. :whistle:

Hi all, 

Thanks for the welcome messages and the emails that have come into my inbox. It is fair to say the "to do" list has just got bigger!

Just to clarify that I will start up in SC&T bar on Saturday, but will make sure I'm moving around the Sports Bar and concourses too before kick off, so if you see me make sure you come and say hello. 

If i miss you on Saturday I will be at Villa Park on New Year's Day. 

Matt 

5 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I've had a couple of good chats with Matt and I've been very impressed. A real City fan with a wealth of experience at one of the world's biggest clubs. An excellent appointment. I'll give him about 5 years before he goes completely mad:shifty:

5 years eh..

Sounds like a challenge to me Dave!

Now, where should we start.....

Buttttt is he aware of the world largest and best football fans forum, and will he (or does he already) exist on here ?

2 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

I am hot sure he needs to have experienced it himself to do the job well - no-one can understand all possible issues relating to the U-7 tickets and free shirts, disabled supporters, S82 displays, people queuing on stairs, issues with hospitality, alcohol pricing, all away grounds selling out of cider, tickets being put on sale when they shouldn't have been, Oxford United labels in away shirts etc. by having been affected by them all personally. He is a liaison not a superfan.

His role is to communicate with and listen to the fans. We tell him our concerns and he tells us the club's response. He tells us the club's ideas, and we give him our response and so it goes on. He is a communicator and doesn't need to have experienced every issue himself. From what I've heard he seems a good fit and hopefully this will continue our progress on and off the pitch. 

Do they not also do police liaison and other clubs SLO liaison to welcome fans and try to cater to concerns.

:laugh: posted just a little to late -   Welcome Matt   :city:

Archived