IGNORED

Caulker released (merged)

class not gas

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

he showed a great undestanding of the game while he was with us in first place but lifestyle went bit off line for a pro fotty player. I would give him a go if LJ feels he is ready to turn about. but do we need a CH?

Need back up, but would he be happy to play back up, he’s good enough to push your for first team, small squad we need numbers

19 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I thought he could have been the next Tony Adams from what I saw during his time with us. 

I also thought Danny Rose was an utter waste of space during the same spell - spent all his time sat on his arse crying for a free kick. 

Funny how things work out - or perhaps I just don’t understand football!!!

That was pretty much my assessment as well. #sage

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are probably correct here, but please what exactly are you suggesting?, that a club takes him on as an act of charity?.

As with all addictions you can only help the ones who genuinely want the help.

I'm not saying we should be the ones to do so. If anything that was QPR responsibility.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not saying we should be the ones to do so. If anything that was QPR responsibility.

And I refer you to the the last sentence of my reply.

'As with all addictions you can only help the ones who genuinely want the help'.

I suspect that having spent an awful lot of money on not only on his transfer fee but also his huge wages, that even a club like QPR would have exhausted every avenue possible to protect what they believed to be a valuable asset when they signed him.

13 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

All cast to dust by his very own hand.

And ain't that the truth.

Personally amazed at how much his 'tailored' interview generated sympathy for him when he's simply another Clarke Carlisle. Troubled for sure, undoubtedly has psychological limitations but adroit enough to blame all bar himself for his fall from grace. Just look at the range of offences for which he's been arrested.

Addiction, if that truly is the case here, does not necessarily lead to criminality and thuggery - there are many high functioning addicts out there who never trouble the courts.

Another case of a supremely talented individual with low emotional and intellectual capacity being given riches beyond most dreams and having an arrogance to believe that made him in some way superhuman. He's not the first and won't be the last but one thing's for sure - he's not for changing and we neither need nor want him back.

May he find an inner peace away from the limelight.

15 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

IMO its about him being responsible for his own health, thats what I was trying to get at in that post. I wouldn't want him to keep playing if it's gonna be detrimental to him.

Not saying turn our backs on him, apologies if thats how it sounded.

No I know you didn't...but as a young footballer I suppose playing or being part of a set up that might help him recover,  as I say I think this club would be a good fit for him, we have a steady owner and coach that won't be going anywhere to soon I hope. Plus look at the back room staff we have?  Too many players have been turfed out because of drink / gambling issues, football needs to take care of these I reckon, as best it can. Can't be easy as young kids to be in some cases millionaires and have no guiding as to how to keep on the straight and narrow.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No I know you didn't...but as a young footballer I suppose playing or being part of a set up that might help him recover,  as I say I think this club would be a good fit for him, we have a steady owner and coach that won't be going anywhere to soon I hope. Plus look at the back room staff we have?  Too many players have been turfed out because of drink / gambling issues, football needs to take care of these I reckon, as best it can. Can't be easy as young kids to be in some cases millionaires and have no guiding as to how to keep on the straight and narrow.

You're probably right actually, suppose it'd help a lot more if you're surrounded by people that want to keep you 100% at all times. 

Football does seem to have a problem with young players with addictions though. Real shame.

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

And ain't that the truth.

Personally amazed at how much his 'tailored' interview generated sympathy for him when he's simply another Clarke Carlisle. Troubled for sure, undoubtedly has psychological limitations but adroit enough to blame all bar himself for his fall from grace. Just look at the range of offences for which he's been arrested.

Addiction, if that truly is the case here, does not necessarily lead to criminality and thuggery - there are many high functioning addicts out there who never trouble the courts.

Another case of a supremely talented individual with low emotional and intellectual capacity being given riches beyond most dreams and having an arrogance to believe that made him in some way superhuman. He's not the first and won't be the last but one thing's for sure - he's not for changing and we neither need nor want him back.

May he find an inner peace away from the limelight.

You want him to sign for the Gas ? 

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I'm sorry but as I have already said to @Up The City!, don't you think that even a club like QPR would have actually exhausted every single avenue possible to protect a player signed and waged at great expense and young enough to be considered an asset?.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You're probably right actually, suppose it'd help a lot more if you're surrounded by people that want to keep you 100% at all times. 

Football does seem to have a problem with young players with addictions though. Real shame.

No different percentage from the average population though, just in the public eye and with more money.

Anything clubs can do to help both players, and those in their local community, would be welcome. The health services are overstretched and trying to get help with these things is almost impossible, even if you really want it.

Just look at the leading causes of death in men, suicide is up there below a certain age.

Crap that I hope the club can help local charities rather than have a joined up process by Government, it is what it is though.

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Suppose it depends on whether you see BCFC as a football club or a branch of the Samaritans 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

No different percentage from the average population though, just in the public eye and with more money.

Anything clubs can do to help both players, and those in their local community, would be welcome. The health services are overstretched and trying to get help with these things is almost impossible, even if you really want it.

Just look at the leading causes of death in men, suicide is up there below a certain age.

Crap that I hope the club can help local charities rather than have a joined up process by Government, it is what it is though.

Sure suicide was the most common cause of death for men between 30 and 45? Might have totally got that wrong but it's a really serious thing, and is thankfully starting to get a bit of attention in the mainstream media.

All the things that made him a future star have long since deserted him.

We would be signing a "name only" no thanks, not for me, he's been at a Championship club on his doorstep and has failed to show at any point desire to work hard at his game and rebuild his career. We've got nothing to offer for him apart from easy money, he has even less to offer to earn it. Best to leave well alone and let somebody else pick up the tab.

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Signed for dundee Link.   Glad he found a club, hope he gets it together. 

Hope it works out for him, about as far from London and bad influences as is possible too, less expectations and pressure on and off the pitch etc...  Good move I imagine, mentally and physically...

:fingerscrossed: it doesn't go wrong up there, would hate to see him become a Dundee Fruit Cake. 

Archived