IGNORED

The Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Day Thread 25

Shot ourselves in the foot there. 1 - 0 up against 10 men and the ball gets worked out to a player in space????? WTF then it's a pointless red card as they score from the resulting free kick and then he brings on a winger who only threatens with crosses, but to short men? At the expense of Brownhill a solid midfielder? Then Pack tries a cruyff turn on the edge of his own box and it costs us the ******* game. Absolutely irate!  That was like Sheffield Wednesday away last season all over again!!!!! FFS! Never get a better opportunity than top of the league at home and down to 10 men. WTF was that player doing in acres of space?????????!!!!!! 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Let this be the game where everyone realises we need to spend big money in January. We have done major miracles to be where we are with what we have. The players are out on their arses. 

I think LJ & SL will realise now too. 

Totally need a striker and creative mid and a right back. We all know that. We go again. 

• Like 1

Totally ****** that up due to our mistakes.

Yes, Wolves are a quality side but we were in total control until FF went off. After that we were on the back foot and everything we touched was that much poorer than before. 

Add to that Pack's cock up and it's three points not just dropped but thrown down and stamped on.

Still, would you have taken 3rd at the end of the year? Yeah, me too. 

• Like 1

Would've been happy with a draw tonight. 

Then after we got the goal we got greedy and left Flint up - we needed the extra defender as their number 7 was on and looking dangerous.

After we threw the advantage away we were always going to be on the back foot, our confidence looked a bit shot then...

Was really hoping we could grab the winner though as felt one bad decision shouldn't ruin our night, but was gutted we didn't at least hold on for the draw 

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Totally ****** that up due to our mistakes.

Yes, Wolves are a quality side but we were in total control until FF went off. After that we were on the back foot and everything we touched was that much poorer than before. 

Add to that Pack's cock up and it's three points not just dropped but thrown down and stamped on.

Still, would you have taken 3rd at the end of the year? Yeah, me too. 

We are also 1 pt off 2nd.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Oh well, yes it's a point lost but we'll learn from that and use it to motivate us. think positive!

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

It was though? And it prevented a cross. 

I think a lot of refs would have given it, the player went up with his arm raised high and as technically it hit his arm stopping the cross,  it should have been a penalty.

• Like 2
Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I can see that argument and am a bit in two minds but I would still say his hand was not in a natural position. Can see why the Ref didn’t give it but think it should have been a pen...

The rules would disagree.

The referee must take the following into consideration:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement

He didn't move his hand towards the ball and the ball was unexpected.  It's clear cut.

Agh, So that's the feeling of losing 2-1 in the 93rd minute.

Gutted. 

Huge error from Pack. Multiple opportunities to clear it. 

That Cavaleiro changed it all. We had nothing to counter him. Can't work out whether he was absolutely class for half an hour or if we just didn't do enough to stop him. 

It was a stonewall pen for me early in the second half. If that's not handball with his arm in the air I don't know what is. 

One loss to the runaway leaders shouldn't really change our season other than to help us identify the fine margins that it takes to win matches like that. Namely having some Portuguese wizards. 

We've been brutally punished for the 2 errors we made, which is the sign of a good side in Wolves. LJ called it well before the game. Clinical. 

Unlucky City. Still plenty to be positive about. We go again. 

• Like 2

Really frustrating one. Shouldn’t have kept Flint up top once we went ahead, once it was 1-1 it was theirs for the taking, and sure enough they did. Way too many individual mistakes for that winner, let’s not get at Pack only, there’s a lot of issues for that winner. Signings in January clearly needed, there’s tired, tired faces out there.

• Like 1