IGNORED

Marlon Pack

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok I did he spoiled what was a great game for him...you want to go up you have to keep your concentration for 90mins simple as that.

anything you wish to add

Just that he has been outstanding this year so perhaps your comments were on the harsh side. 

1 minute ago, Aipearcey said:

9 times out of 10 in a match pack brings the ball out, the fans cheer and we get a point. Just shows how fickle fans are.

Not fickle mate I thought he was man of match until that point but was totally stupid and as I said you want to go up you concentrate for the 90 mins

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Johnson should have put Flint at the back when we went 1-0 against 10 men. If that had happened Wolves don’t play the through ball leading to Frankie’s sending off.

Mistakes all round cost us tonight. Packs unfortunately is the one we will remember 

I thought that. We had the break through and looked comfortable. 

I guess if we were going for the 2nd to kill the game off then we could have rung the changes on 70 mins and given some of them the extra rest for the villa game in 48 hours.

harsh to criticise anyone tonight. Players gane their all, frankie made a call in a split second that in hindsight was the wrong choice, and maybe Johnson should have reshuffled once we got the breakthrough, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Wolves are a class above in this league and they showed it by finding a way to get 3 points which at one point looked unlikely, it’s why they are where they are. 

A point would have been a fair result, but wolves looked class act I thought and deserve to be where they are 

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes he dicked about at he end and gave away a free kick... but Bailey Wright shouldn’t be trying to beat men in midfield. He created the pressure there  

Overall I thought Pack had a brilliant game. Very unlucky at the end. He was everywhere.

Totally agree. Yes it was an awful mistake, but it was his only one 

Unfortunately it counted for a lot 

24 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes he dicked about at he end and gave away a free kick... but Bailey Wright shouldn’t be trying to beat men in midfield. He created the pressure there  

Overall I thought Pack had a brilliant game. Very unlucky at the end. He was everywhere.

All I saw Bailey Wright do today (like he has done all season) is give away stupid fouls. 

56 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wtf were you doing...we deserved a point if not more...dreadful defending Cruyff turn near the corner flag!!! Fine margins

I thought we battled well but Wolves are so clinical going forward at times, was a real pleasure to watch their movement and splitting the defence passing capability. Point would of been fair I guess but we didn’t do enough to win the game unfortunately :( 

It never takes much for the pack bashing to begin. Smith shouldn't have put his head on the free kick. Magnússon was way out of position before fielding s sending off, fielding didn't have to make the challenge. Wright should have played simple. Etc etc etc. The free kick was exceptional. A one in 50 delivery. Had it curled out no one would be talking about it. 

Yep, had a feeling Pack would get the pelters. 

Yes it was a silly foul. Those who say the ball was going out for a goal kick are incorrect. In the initial tackle to win the ball, Pack got a touch, so it was going out for a corner. 

But, why was Pack at left back in the last minute. Because Bryan was out of position. Firstly the pass their man made inside, Joe at this point, once the ball goes inside, should resume his shape and get out to left back to cover their full back running on. Instead, he carries on coming inside after the ball is played, leaving Pack to have to cover him at left back. 

Pack covered it well initially but then needed to turn to clear and he got challenged. Silly mistake, absolutely, but once again people don’t look at how the lead up to this happened. Joe not being disciplined as a left back. I love him as a winger, but all too often as a full back he does things like this and expects others to bail him out. 

Also, for their first goal. There is little danger until Joe races into midfield to win a ball he was never winning, leaving a gap as wide as the suspension bridge which they exploited and Magnússon had to cover across. Once again, and I said this on the “how to beat wolves thread” before the game, don’t get exposed wide to their counter-attacks. Joe, I’m afraid to say, left others to do his work again in this instance. For me, we looked more vulnerable once Joe went to left back. And wolves knew this and exploited it. 

If we are looking at culprits for the goal, watch Flint marking the scorer. Doesn’t get tight enough, allows him the run, then actually ducks under the ball. What the hell is he doing. If Flint jumps, he clears it. Why does he duck and make himself 5ft tall when he can be 6ft 9ins with a leap? Someone please answer me what he was doing there? 

But hey, it was all Packs fault! People need to seriously look at Bryan when at left back and realise the way he puts others under pressure with his positioning and decisions. He’s a super winger. He’s often a liability at full back. 

Archived