IGNORED

Portway P&R - more buses needed

Red Exile

1 minute ago, Dolman Queen said:

Agree with this.  Couldn't get on the 120 waited until 2 pm.  Bus was rammed and there were still people who couldn't get on.   Managed the second bus back as first was full.   When it works its great, when it doesn't its awful.   Perhaps they need an extra bus going to and coming from the ground.    Its popularity and convenience will decrease if the service isn't there.

DQ

The queue at Brislington on Saturday was a lot bigger than it normally is and the gap between buses was a long one. Whatever happened to the 1-40 I have no idea but it sounds like you were on the same bus as me going in and those that couldn't get on must have missed the kick off even though they were probably at Bris at half 1! 

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I got a bus back in the Piccadilly post match and not only were there ample busses waiting, the queue was managed so they counted a busload (literally) or people per wagon, then straight on, full bus and off you go.

No guessing from the driver if he's full or not. 

Efficient.

That’s how it works outside the Millenium Stadium for major events. I’m sure the advice and experience is out there to be picked. 

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reading this thread, it appears AG1 was much better but AG2 (Brislington) was worse! @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO any comment as we apparently didn't get the extra service while AG1 seemingly did? 

I'll pass the message back to the club officials who liaise with First Bus and ask them for the feedback. With a capacity crowd at our next home game, it would be good for First Bus to take the above comments into account and provide a solution for our fans that will help everyone get home quickly and safely. 

44 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The queue at Brislington on Saturday was a lot bigger than it normally is and the gap between buses was a long one. Whatever happened to the 1-40 I have no idea but it sounds like you were on the same bus as me going in and those that couldn't get on must have missed the kick off even though they were probably at Bris at half 1! 

The bus time table taken from the BCFC Matchday posting shows buses every 30 minutes, 20 past the hour and 10 to the hour which is much more realistic than every 20 minutes as the bus could not do the trip there and back to pick up the next lot of passengers in 40 minutes.   However, the timetable is only as good as the traffic allows it to be.  An extra bus there and back would go someway to resolving this.   There are quite a few elderly passengers who find it difficult to stand in a queue for such a long period.   The game prior to this that I attended was equally poor.  At the P & R in time for the 120 bus.  Joined the queue, waited until 220 and got to the ground with 5 mins to spare.   Not everyone wants to spend 2+ hours at the ground prior to kick off.

DQ

I think this could soon become a victim of its own success , its like roads you build them and the traffic will come - more buses people will use them.

With parking and all other issues associated with driving your own car in to the gate if you put more buses on and people see that they are a good easy way of getting to the ground then people will use them which is good but there has to be the flexibility to grow and shrink with demand. Our group dont use them but we have thought about it , why we dont is mainly the cost @ £3pp when you have a car full it works out at £15 also there was the issue as has been highlighted the wait for the bus back was not acceptable.

Hi all, 

From the feedback I have seen on both the forum and from emails I have received, it sounded like the Park & Ride to Portway improved, whilst the Brislington service was still very busy following Saturday’s match. We have since heard from First Bus that the additional bus was put in place for Portway but unfortunately they hadn’t been able to organise the extra bus for Brislington in time. First Bus have said that this will be in place for the match vs Manchester City next week.

Please keep providing me updates on the service so that we can go back to First Bus with the feedback for both Portway and Brislington Park & Rides.

Matt

19 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

On another bus related point @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is there any way that first could have additional 24 buses available from Ashton Road post match. Some games you can wait more than an hour as the buses are already full from the Robins and Duckmoor Road

That could play havoc with traffic.....

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

From the feedback I have seen on both the forum and from emails I have received, it sounded like the Park & Ride to Portway improved, whilst the Brislington service was still very busy following Saturday’s match. We have since heard from First Bus that the additional bus was put in place for Portway but unfortunately they hadn’t been able to organise the extra bus for Brislington in time. First Bus have said that this will be in place for the match vs Manchester City next week.

Please keep providing me updates on the service so that we can go back to First Bus with the feedback for both Portway and Brislington Park & Rides.

Matt

Matt

THe 505 recent;ly changed from Wessex. it used to leave Blackmoors Lane before 10pm so was perfect for getting home after a mid week match. However since the change it leaves at 10.30pm which is just too late to wait. COuld you see if they can change it back to the old time table. Thanks

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt

Top job Matt. Would this extra bus be just post match or pre match as well? I ask as the queues at Brislington were pretty big on Saturday before the game.

Thanks for your efforts.

3 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Considering using Portway P&R tomorrow. Can anyone advise if its a decent option? Have previous issues been resolved?

Thanks

Getting there isnt a problem. Previously you had to leave early to get on a first wave bus back, miss those and your waiting half an hour. The last home game we stayed until the final whistle and made it onto the last bus there that left soon after (I assume that was the extra bus), loads better but if it gets any busier it will be back to square one.

On 31/12/2017 at 11:07, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Couldn't agree more. Improving the match day experience is what its all about and that includes getting to the stadium and getting home

This is absolutely fantastic news I will pm you my address. Just so you know I like to be at the ground by 14:00 and I will see if the wife will put up a plate of food when you drop me off after the game :clapping:

Archived