IGNORED

Woodrow - waste of a wage

headhunter

It would seem in the absence of Milan and Famara our go to person for the big presence up front is Flinty.

So where does that leave our loanee from Fulham? In what circumstances could he expect a game [Watford excepting] ? He has no chance if, as reported, Famara and Milan will be available in 3-4 weeks.

I say let him return if we are able to [?]and the money saved top up what we need in getting some proper quality elsewhere on the pitch.

Was that Gary O'Neill in the Sky studio yesterday? Now he really has been a waste of a wage or will he feature in the last 10 games and make us Club Number 4 for him in terms of securing promotion from the Championship!!!

Incredible posts.

The kid hasn't had a run of games....and when he has played he has created and scored not to forget the crucial and excellent game against Derby.

The simple reason Taylor gets ahead of him Is his creativity. 

Woodrow is a solid championship player who would start for the majority of sides in this league.

13 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Set up Korey’s winner against Man U only 11 days ago! Good enough for me

In my opinion the only reason Taylor is not subject to a world of pain on this website is because of where he came from.

It is patently clear that he is not a Championship level player and certainly not in a team trying to get promoted.

His cameo last night was a perfect example of that.

Been saying Woodrow should be playing with Bobby. Think he is a decent player and with the injuries he should have been given more time. Can’t fault the results though! 

I doubt he is on huge wages being from the academy of Fulham. I know every bit counts but I would keep him around as I feel he is one of 3 true strikers we have. Matty T great footballer until he has to shoot. Bobby still learning and better just behind shadowing a main striker I feel. Always felt Bobby should have had some time playing behind Cauley who would have looked more the part with more minutes. 

32 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

In my opinion the only reason Taylor is not subject to a world of pain on this website is because of where he came from.

It is patently clear that he is not a Championship level player and certainly not in a team trying to get promoted.

His cameo last night was a perfect example of that.

In my opionon he gets more stick and not bough of a chance because he came from the gas don't think iv ever heard a positive word about him in the stands can't really remember a run in of over 5 games were he's started each game so not exactly had loads of opertunaties coming of the bench for 20 mins while everyone's in the full swing of it is not a easy task

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Incredible posts.

The kid hasn't had a run of games....and when he has played he has created and scored not to forget the crucial and excellent game against Derby.

The simple reason Taylor gets ahead of him Is his creativity. 

Woodrow is a solid championship player who would start for the majority of sides in this league.

Haha not a chance.

Half of me thinks, with perfect 20/20 vision if we had kept Wilbs for another year he might have still been doing a job for us.

As for the others, my benchmark is always somebody like Agard. Not useless by any manner of means, not a good championship striker. So far, other than flashes, not seen that any of Taylor, Leko, Woodrow or Eliasson offer any more than he would have done. If I had to chose one to have a run, would tend to plump for Woodrow however.

Woodrow tries hard and I think he’s put in a few reasonable performances for us of late, however don’t think he’s quite good enough. Can’t wait to get fammy back and up to speed, took him a while to get going but fammy and Bobby as a partnership is class. Famara creates so much space for bob, and I think you can see that we’ve really missed him of late. Really excited to get some players back and having a good go from February onwards. To be third with the injuries we have is astonishing. Last night was disappointing but it’s football and it’s why we love the game so much. We’ve scored so many late goals and picked up points we probably didn’t deserve this season. Brentford, Hull, Sunderland and Sheffield United off the top of my head. We were probably due one to go against us eventually. Can’t wait for the rest of the season, COYR.

1 hour ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Woodrow totally ineffective bar one good showing against Derby. Missed some sitters at QPR too

Missed a sitter, not some.  Tried to be too spectacular from 3 yards and messed it up.  The touch, swivel and shot on the turn was not a sitter.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Been saying Woodrow should be playing with Bobby. Think he is a decent player and with the injuries he should have been given more time. Can’t fault the results though! 

I doubt he is on huge wages being from the academy of Fulham. I know every bit counts but I would keep him around as I feel he is one of 3 true strikers we have. Matty T great footballer until he has to shoot. Bobby still learning and better just behind shadowing a main striker I feel. Always felt Bobby should have had some time playing behind Cauley who would have looked more the part with more minutes. 

Tend to agree with you.  Woodrow strikes me as an intelligent footballer who seems to fit in with our style of play, and he always seems to combine well with Bobby when he comes on.    Matty Taylor on the other hand is clearly very capable - inspired at times - but rarely seems to threaten the goal, which was meant to be his strength.  His approach play is frequently Championship standard, but sadly his finishing is not.

I’d give Woodrow a start at Villa. 

4 hours ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Set up Korey’s winner against Man U only 11 days ago! Good enough for me

All history now, has done next to **** all since, i'm sorry he is not good enough at this level, other than the odd sub appearance, if he was that good he should be replacing one of 2 injured strikers by now and he ain't.

5 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Look at the options they had on the bench yesterday. 

Look at what we had.

Serious upgrades to add squad depth needed not only up top but in midfield as well. 

Not only for the second half of this season but to be bedded in should we go up.

The only reason we're truly lacking squad depth is because a number of our first-team players are out long-term...

51 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

The only reason we're truly lacking squad depth is because a number of our first-team players are out long-term...

Nah disagree with this. Up top there's Fammy and Milan. Hegeler and GON to come back CM. COD as attacking option.

Only 2 of those (Fammy and COD) are anywhere near good enough for top champ / Prem.

Squad is thin of quality required to take us to the next level. 

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

All history now, has done next to **** all since, i'm sorry he is not good enough at this level, other than the odd sub appearance, if he was that good he should be replacing one of 2 injured strikers by now and he ain't.

Run out of likes, but this is so spot on.

Desperate in his last two sub appearances, I simply cannot understand why we keep bringing him on, he is absolutely miles away from Championship standard.

A couple of good games in the cup aside, he has been awful this season.

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

It would seem in the absence of Milan and Famara our go to person for the big presence up front is Flinty.

So where does that leave our loanee from Fulham? In what circumstances could he expect a game [Watford excepting] ? He has no chance if, as reported, Famara and Milan will be available in 3-4 weeks.

I say let him return if we are able to [?]and the money saved top up what we need in getting some proper quality elsewhere on the pitch.

Was that Gary O'Neill in the Sky studio yesterday? Now he really has been a waste of a wage or will he feature in the last 10 games and make us Club Number 4 for him in terms of securing promotion from the Championship!!!

Yes I would agree but along with Leko. What also about Engval who also cost a fee. We have made some horrendous mistakes but still we march on 

I thought his last sub appearance was his best performance to date.

It is very difficult to make a difference in such a short space of game time.

I can never understand how some fans think that making detrimental or negative remarks to current players will somehow improve their performance.

Archived