IGNORED

The Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day Thread 26

Driving to Walsall then train in from there ...hoping we can bounce back as we have done so far this season but a lot harder this time what with it being 2nd game in three days with an already stretched , tired and depleted squad and all that...still COYR not all over if we lose again....still long way to go....

17 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Why are we playing today?

Wolves play Tuesday so why can’t we, are Villa being awkward and want to play Bank Holiday for the crowd.

This match has home banker written all over it for the above reason, we have small squad now down to the bare bones and 48 hours recovery time since the last game is a joke.

Sorry but in no way can I be positive we will be beaten by fatigue and is no reflection on our season to date.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Made my first visit to Villa Park on 4 May 1968, as an eleven year old, it finished Villa 2 City 4. Anyone remember who scored for us that day?

www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-bristol-city-04-may-1968-113804/

Reckon today it will be 1-1 with Snodgrass and Brownhill scoring.

Bush

Crowe

Derrick

Garland

(I cheated)

Villa.jpg

• Like 1

Hope we throw everything at Villa today; imagine many of those players who are first names on the team sheet will be rested on Sat for the FA Cup, so if they give it all they have, they’ll get a bit of rest before the Man City away game.

Watched both Villa’s games against Brentford and Sheffield United recently and was not impressed by them, specifically in defence, so I really hope we can give them some trouble today.

Fancy an unusual name appearing in the score sheet for us today; perhaps a Baker or Taylor goal.  Also have a weird feeling we might do surprisingly well.

Until we kick off I’ll be rooting for QPR and Sheffield United - could do with both of them getting wins to motivate the lads with the promise of going a couple of weeks in 2nd.

COYR

Edited by samo II
1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good point that. Assume it'll be Max O'Leary.

Can't be Max, he's on loan to Solihull Moors. Also can't be Jojo Wollacott, as he's on loan to Woking. Ivan Lucic is injured, I believed, didn't he break his leg? Either way he was out partying at 1am last night according to his Instagram story so I highly doubt he's playing even if I'm wrong about that. As far as I am aware that leaves Alhaji Sesay, the under-23 keeper who scored that last-minute equaliser for Paulton Rovers a few months back - although there was talk of that loan spell being extended and I can't find any information as to where he is as of now. Other than that, there's James Carey and Denis Begovic, two of the stoppers in the under-18s. Safe to say it'll be interesting to see who it is!

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Can't be Max, he's on loan to Solihull Moors. Also can't be Jojo Wollacott, as he's on loan to Woking. Ivan Lucic is injured, I believed, didn't he break his leg? Either way he was out partying at 1am last night according to his Instagram story so I highly doubt he's playing even if I'm wrong about that. As far as I am aware that leaves Alhaji Sesay, the under-23 keeper who scored that last-minute equaliser for Paulton Rovers a few months back - although there was talk of that loan spell being extended and I can't find any information as to where he is as of now. Other than that, there's James Carey and Denis Begovic, two of the stoppers in the under-18s. Safe to say it'll be interesting to see who it is!

Max was in the photos of the squad after the Man United game, at the Christmas party thing, and in the team photo above on this thread? Thought his loan had finished.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

This match has home banker written all over it for the above reason, we have small squad now down to the bare bones and 48 hours recovery time since the last game is a joke.

Sorry but in no way can I be positive we will be beaten by fatigue and is no reflection on our season to date.

Crazy isn't it, when some are pushing for a mid winter football break, the greedy money men are laying it on thicker than ever. Throw in a FA Cup match and two pointless (sorry) Man City games, then this could scupper our promotion chances.  Why on earth have a Cup competition around the already congested  Christmas period? The injuries sustained by many players is getting too much to ignore but  ignore it they will.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Made my first visit to Villa Park on 4 May 1968, as an eleven year old, it finished Villa 2 City 4. Anyone remember who scored for us that day?

www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-bristol-city-04-may-1968-113804/

Reckon today it will be 1-1 with Snodgrass and Brownhill scoring.

I was there with 2 friends. The oldest was 14. I blame the parents.:yes:

I think it going to be hard to get anything today,  the squad is down to bare bones and the players are so tired and their legs could feel like lead.  Hopefully the never say die spirit is still there after the Wolves last seconds defeat.  A draw would be a great result, but let's hope for the best and bring back all three points.  COYR's 

Edited by EstoniaTallinnRed
33 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Will be an interesting team sheet today. Hard to predict as we have no idea of who's fit and how git after such a grueling schedule. Plus interesting who will be the GK on the bench. Also can Gustav be named in the squad? He should be fresher than most of our squad do could be useful if so. 

No O’Leary for Solihull today so guessing it will be him

12 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I think it going to be hard to get anything today,  the squad is down to bare bones and the players are so tired and their legs could feel like lead.  Hopefully the never say die spirit is still there after the Wolves last seconds defeat.  A draw would be a great result, but let's hope for the best and bring back all three points.  COYR's 

Let's not forget that Villa won't be fresh either.. They played 48 hours ago too and have key players out. COYR!

2 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

O'Leary is sub keeper for us today.

2 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Sesay is back with us, Paulton have taken a Rovers keeper on loan (who was let go by City a couple of years ago) - James Carey (injured anyway) and especially Begovic are a million miles from being anywhere near ready for the first team.